Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

I wanted to PR today and I wasn’t even close. Between doing too much in the parks and really thinking I was put in the wrong corral, it wasn’t my morning. I had put a pace of 8-10 minute per mile pace and was in a slower corral. I didn’t say anything at the expo and I’m wondering if I should have.

Then I had to stop at the first bank of portapotties on the course and I started chafing before coming up on the second medical stop. I definitely took advantage of that! It seemed what could go wrong did, and I had to adjust what I did. I decide to try to go for strength over speed and had the best last mile I’ve had in many years. I feel like my fueling was on point too. Lessons I’ll take with me in to the ten miler in April.

Very annoyed that I was forced to check my bag into Truck 1 this morning—I always check in the open truck closest to the finish so I can get out of my shoes ASAP
🤬🤬

Have a great race everyone! I’m on a bus from okw now (not exactly early but earlier than I usually am!)

They must tag photos by hand, cause no software could have found me on this picture 😆

View attachment 742410
They do indeed tag by hand.

I remember a photographer recognized me during the marathon in 2019, because I was doing a themed costume set for Dopey and she had personally tagged me in a lot of photos over the past 3 days. (That was also the year that I decided to stop for every single photo opportunity.)

I finished in 4:01:22 according to my watch, which is 3 minutes slower than W&D22. But my actual running time was 6 minutes slower. Cone Alley and I don’t like each other 🤣🤣 But the Epcot ramps weren’t too bad because I just jumped in the grass (when there was grass) and blasted past all the people in my way 🚀

My total time was 16 minutes slower than last year’s princess half, but my running time this year was 9 minutes faster.

@Bree i missed 3 characters that were on break: Clarabelle, who ever the last one was, and whatever pic I saw of you and Ryan ( I think behind castle maybe?)

Very annoyed that I was forced to check my bag into Truck 1 this morning—I always check in the open truck closest to the finish so I can get out of my shoes ASAP
🤬🤬
Me too! I guess they were trying to get those trucks filled before opening the others. Those steps at the end of the race were extra painful!

Okay @Bree i figured out the red dress is Elena… I had Tiana in the same spot. But the other 2 were on breaks (clarabelle and the final character).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter