President's Day?

amw

need a new tag
Sorry if I'm repeating myself. My question got buried in another thread.

Since I am Canadian, I'm not familiar with your President's Day holiday. I gather from the "times to avoid" at both WDW and DL that it is a week-long celebration rather than a day. :confused3

I am trying to plan a trip to DL for Feb/March 2007 and want to avoid real peak times. Does President's Day/week fall at the same time every year? Does anyone have the dates for next year?

Also, besides the obvious spring breaks, are there other "holidays" in March?

Thanks

Presidents day is not really a week long celebration, but many school districts give the whole week off. Having Monday as a holiday is a good reason to just have a mid winter break, I guess. We never did when I was growing up.

Next year it will be Monday, Feb. 19th. There are no huge March holidays. Easter is in early April next year.

There may not be any huge March holidays - but some school districts have a week off for spring break in March.

We went to DL over our spring break in March last year and it was pretty busy. They extended hours every day because the crowds were larger than they had expected.

Of course some schools have spring break in April too, so it's tough to know for sure when to avoid.

Sorry, probably not much help - but something to be aware of.

I think the last week of February or early March would be the lightest. You want to avoid the week of the 19th (from the posts on this board that week was very busy) and then March is known for being busy because of spring breaks. Spring breaks are normally more in the middle of the month then the first week like for example the 1st and the 2nd of the month. There is st. patricks day in March but I doubt that is one that would crowd the parks.

Thanks all,

Here in Ontario, we get the second week of March as our Spring break. No holidays for us in Feb. I was hoping to take two weeks off -- spend the first week of March at DL, and the second week in San Diego. Hopefully, I'll miss most crowds if people go the President's Day/Week. :crowded:

We were at DL last week on President's day. It fell in the middle of our trip. That day, MK was noticably more crowded than the other days, but the other days were less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter