POTC online Beta Test

So is the game actually avaliable? Or do you have to be a tester to play right now?

You need a beta key, valarie. And we're trying to figure how to get one.

Dude Zeke, it is free. Bob Iger announced this and everyone was so happy.

ugh, beta testing isn't all fun and gaming.
certain glitches make you have to exit out of the game you're in and restart. then it's off to fill out a 'bug report'...

oh yeah, and my first ship that I bought suddenly disappeared after they did some game changes and enhancements. ugh! at least I got to keep all my stats for it.

Aye mateys, add me to the list of Dis beta pirates! pirate:

Me name be "Stumpy" thus far - arg! Don't think approving names is high on their priority list right now LOL Tis a shame too, for she is quite the sightly wench ;) to be stuck with such a moniker...

It's cool though that you can create more then one pirate on the account, and it's run as a separate entity. So if you see a wild-eyed "Lefty" running around clutching a voodoo doll, that's my son ;)

Funny thing is, he has a crew compromised of three other "Leftys", two "Peggys" and a "Swabby" LOL Gets confusing after a while!

phooey, I don't have any friends in this game yet. :sad1:

I'm just going around exploring, picking fights with undead pirates and ship battles with the HMS. I really hope the HMS stays this bad at ship battles. Cannon shots fly right past my sail into the water behind me.

p.s. anyone figured out how the grape shot or grapple hook works yet?

btw, for about 40 gold you can buy a pistol and a dagger and work up your skills with those too. I bought the pistol to defeat those pesky crabs only to find them taken out of the game the next day. They're still good for the undead pirates tho.

p.s. am I the only person here still in Port Royal? :headache:

I don't have any friends yet either. Every time I try to talk to somebody, they run right past me, or worse, utter the cursed "blah blah blah" LOL

How are you doing the ship battles by yourself? Don't you need somebody to man the cannon while you steer? I'm asking, because I'm on the second part of the quest on Tortuga where I need to go sink 2 navy ships and I can't get anybody to join my crew. Speed chat doesn't offer a good option for enlisting aid, unfortunately.

And if you get a chance, buy a voodoo doll. Pretty cool to watch your enemy in the grips of your curse! And once you level up enough, it will heal others in your party... woot

Every time I try to talk to somebody, they run right past me, or worse, utter the cursed "blah blah blah" LOL

LOL! I get that too, like all the time.

How are you doing the ship battles by yourself?

Well, I sail up to a HMS ship, get within a certain distance and position myself behind it (so their cannons aren't in range) then I hit the ESC key, walk over to the cannon, push the CTRL key, and start firing away! If I need to move the boat, I just again, hi the esc key and go back to the steering wheel, reposition myself, then get back in front of the cannon.

I thought everyone was doing that. :confused3
p.s. it increases your noteriety faster than swashbuckling.
p.p.s. I hate Tortuga! after getting attacked by Lvl6 crabs I decided to hightail it out of there and go back to Port Royal.

And if you get a chance, buy a voodoo doll. Pretty cool to watch your enemy in the grips of your curse! And once you level up enough, it will heal others in your party... woot

I haven't figured out how the voodoo doll works. any help? (since I explained hwo to do ship battles by yourself. :) )

I also found out I stink at blackjack. :(
and I still get a game freeze when I go to pick up my (other) ship from the Shipwright. grrr! good thing I bought one already so I'm not stuck on that island!

Hey, do you have to be a beta tester to log on? Can you log on anytime, if so, how? Thanks!

Zeke

Thanks Allison for the info! Using what you told me, I was able to complete that part of the quest - woot! Now I'm busy assembling my crew (of npc characters)...

As for the voodoo doll, you just equip it like you would your cutlass (using the "i" key). When you want to use it against an opponent, you just get within arm's length, then left click the mouse (just like you do with the sword). A purplish smoke will appear around your target, so you know it's attuned. Then just keep left clicking (the word "poke" will appear) until that person is defeated. The funny thing is you can even be running away from them, and it will still work, once it's attuned to them.

Are you doing the quest, or just leveling up your skills? I'll keep an eye out for you in the game pirate:

PS DudeZeke, yes, you have to be a beta tester to log into the game. If you haven't applied yet, try the link earlier in this thread :) Good luck!

Hello, I registered last night. Does anyone know when you should get an e-mail? Thanks.

i have the email but didn't decide because of the whole credit card thing. Do most of you feel it is safe?

Hey everyone, never mind, got an e-mail last night I would hear from them again soon. Pretty excited about the game.

Good luck Jackoman! Hope you get in :)

Mom2cookies, they only use the credit card to verify that you are an adult or have the permission of an adult. They don't place any charges against it.

yeah i understood that...but what's to stop someone from taking the Number and using it? that is what i am afraid of.

I was not too thrilled over the CC thing either. As long as you use an actual CC, not your bank debit/check card you should be ok if any charges appear that aren't valid. I've used my CC on Disney sites before with no problem so I went ahead with it. It will be interesting to see if that will continue to be a requirement when the game goes live.

Well, it's been a few days, and I've still not recieved an e-mail. Doesn't look promising I'll make it into the test.

Okay, I am confused WHICH email means you get the beta key.

The email I got says that "in coming moons you will be the first to..." and so on. Someone please clear this up for me!! :thumbsup2

I got my beta key tonight, is this game on the same hours as vmk or since we are adults open all night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter