POTC online Beta Test

I'm assuming its to late to sign up for that right? Me and my procrastination XD.

I received an email yesterday with an Account Key to sign up. You also have to give them a credit card number when you sign up to prove you are 18 or have parental consent but nothing is charged to the card. I believe the minimum requirements for computers will prohibit many people from playing the game. I tried downloading the game to my laptop and it took FOREVER!After all that the game kept crashing or froze so I tried downloading it on my desktop. That was rather painless, didn't take nearly as long and the game actually loaded. I was able to create my character and wandered around the game for a few minutes before the game crashed on me. I'll have to play a little more before forming an opinion of the game. So far it's a little confusing.

One weird thing when I created my character's name. You have the option to pick from a list of names or type your own name. I opted to type my own name but when I saved and it sent me to the game my name was PEGGY. That's not what I chose, so I'm hoping that it's similar to VMK in that if you don't pick from the list it has to be approved and that's just a temporary name.

Yvette

Both my husband and myself registered under our own email addresses to be testers, but the key only came to my email. I have no idea how they are choosing who gets a code and who doesn't. It would be nice if they continue to send more out in increments, that would seem the logical way to do it. I had no trouble getting it installed, got my character created and name chosen and all. The game itself was really jerky, movement is not smooth at all, and I'm still trying to figure out what to do. My son was alongside me the whole time telling me what to do, which was annoying but mostly because he was right! I kept saying.. be quiet, you've never played and he insisted he was right, which he was. :rotfl2: He says its similar to Runescape and thats how he knew what to do. Having to enter my credit card information was pretty surprising to me, but apparently they want people over 18 at this time? :confused3

Oh, and we registered way back last summer I think it was. I don't know if its too late or not, but if anyone hasn't done so, register HERE
for the POTC online newsletter. Thats the same place I registered last summer for Beta testing.

I discovered a Key in my mailbox last night! I'd love to be able to meet up with friends, maybe we can explore together.

I typed in a name also, but in the game it seems my name is Lefty?!? Not at all what I picked. :confused3

The game definitely still has lots of bugs and lag, but that's to be expected at this point. How great was it to be greeted by Jack and Will! :love:

I got one, now i just have to make time for yet another online game!!
and my son (12) is the one helping me play it for the most part!! He loves it!! as do i. and yes, lots of bugs floating around
I made a name from the menu list, Bess BlueBonney, kept the 3 B's going :lmao:

I'm not using a credit card number. I know it's Disney, but I just can't trust anyone on the internet.

Yup! got a Beta key! :goodvibes

..and may I add, although it runs a tad slow on my computer, the graphics and customizations are awesome! (maybe a little too much when it comes to the slider for everything I could change about my nose, but whatever)

when I get back on, I think my name is Rachel Bloodmonger or something like that.

Funny you should mention this, because I just registered last night.
I don't expect to see a beta "key" anytime soon, but you never know. :)

I just tried registering with my moms birthday and it says you have to 13 or older to register.

Yup, Rachael Bloodmonger and my ship's name is the Stinky Peanut. :goodvibes

It's interesting, definatly not like online games I've played before. The ship battle interface is pretty neat, sword fighting is neat, getting killed by a large crab or an alligator isn't.

I haven't explored much, just did a few things around town, then bought a ship and went out and sunk a few HMS ships (lvl 9+. woohoo!) I still haven't figured out the grapple hook yet in the ship battle screen. :headache:

I signed up as soon as they opened the sign up.

As of last night, no key for me.

My guess is that they will continue to add testers as time goes on. You cannot do load testing with a zillion users at once! I really hope I am chosen. I've loved testing software for 27 years! Games are the most fun, as long as you realize that you are going to crash, and crash ugly, all the time!

I probably should have been an SQA person rather than a tech writer, but, c'est la vie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter