Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

Bunk beds

GCHbeds.jpg

Queen bed

IMG_0805.jpg

Vanity
IMG_0813.jpg

Balcony
gchbalcony.jpg

View
balconyview.jpg

I am hoping for a great AP rate so we can spend a few nights at the GC on our next trip.:wizard: Gorgeous pics! Thanks for sharing!

...and they didn't all come up..shoottt

The ones that didn't come out are missing part of the IMG code. This is what you have in your post:
IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/njgumc/2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5343.jpg[/IMG]
This is what it should be. You needed to close the ["IMG"] brackets; the bracket on the left side is missing.
2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5343.jpg

And here's the other one. You posted IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/njgumc/2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5-1.jpg[/IMG] Again missing the IMG bracket on the left. This is what you wanted:
2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5-1.jpg

I don't know how your pictures got to be uploaded so small. When I upload to photobucket I upload the original photo in its original size, then I resize it on photobucket. Maybe you clicked the wrong link to copy/paste here or maybe resized too small to thumbnail size or something?

Here are some from the Grand Californian. We loved our stay there. They aren't the greatest pictures but they at least give you an idea.....

A view of our "public" balcony...
2006-04-08_0057-1.jpg

Outside Entrance......
2006-04-09_0117.jpg

Outside Entrance Closeup.....
2006-04-09_0116.jpg

The front of the lobby desks.....(crappy picture, I'll do better in May :))
2006-04-09_0115.jpg

Lobby Fireplace......
2006-04-09_0011.jpg

Top bunk of bunk beds.....
2006-04-09_0008.jpg

Lower bunk and trundle of bunk beds.....
2006-04-09_0007.jpg

Pool from above......
2006-04-08_0062.jpg

OK..I am trying AGAIN to get this picture posting thing right. My apologies and thanks for patience.

Grand Californian room:
DSC01213.jpg

Turn down:
DSC01230.jpg

Vanity:
DSC01214.jpg

DTD view..nice at night..and when watching 10,000 1/2 marathoners jogging by:
DSC01216.jpg

Close up of part of design on bedspread:
DSC01277.jpg

The ones that didn't come out are missing part of the IMG code. This is what you have in your post:
IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/njgumc/2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5343.jpg[/IMG]
This is what it should be. You needed to close the ["IMG"] brackets; the bracket on the left side is missing.
2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5343.jpg

And here's the other one. You posted IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/njgumc/2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5-1.jpg[/IMG] Again missing the IMG bracket on the left. This is what you wanted:
2323232327Ffp33Evq3D32423E4923E5-1.jpg

I don't know how your pictures got to be uploaded so small. When I upload to photobucket I upload the original photo in its original size, then I resize it on photobucket. Maybe you clicked the wrong link to copy/paste here or maybe resized too small to thumbnail size or something?

Thanks..I figured something happened with the code..thanks for fixing that.
What happened was I posted the first one at work, and I didn't have the pictures on my computer there, so I saved them to photobucket from the site where I order my prints..and I think that explains the tiny size. The next set worked..I learn..but s l o w l y :goodvibes

Thanks for the all the pics. We'll be staying at DLH in May, as we reckoned this might be our only visit to California. :flower3:

However, we haven't even been yet, and I'm already thinking about things we'll have to leave until "next time". :rolleyes1

I really have to stop researching and reading these boards! :upsidedow
(Yeah, right, like that'll happen!) :laughing:

Thanks..I figured something happened with the code..thanks for fixing that.
What happened was I posted the first one at work, and I didn't have the pictures on my computer there, so I saved them to photobucket from the site where I order my prints..and I think that explains the tiny size. The next set worked..I learn..but s l o w l y :goodvibes

No worries! :thumbsup2 We all have to learn sometime and that's what these boards are for to help each other out.:) I'm still learning myself. :flower3:

Here are some pics from The Anaheim Fairfield Inn. Sorry, forgot to take pics from the interior.

100_0464.jpg

100_0463.jpg

I have some pictures of the inside of a room a the Castle Inn, if any one wants me to post it. The room there was adequate.

This is a great idea.

I'd like to have a separate thread for each hotel with everyone's input, and collect them up in the FAQ sticky at the top of the board. It's time to update that information, anyway. :)

Hi everyone!
We are back from our wonderful trip and I wanted to report back on our nice hotel stay at HoJo's.

We had booked a DisneyViewRoom ($74/night entertainment rate) and received room 1*605 on the 6th floor right outside the elevator. Our room looked identical to DisneySuiteFreaks pictures in post #19 with the exception of our room having only one sink.

At first I was a bit concerned because the front desk reps said that the room had only one sink inside the bathroom. YIKES! How was this going to work out w/ a family of 5 that included 2 teenage girls....:scared1: Actually without a problem... the desk area in the room was so large w/ a nice sized mirror that after showers, the girls did makeup and hair without a problem. shooooo.....:woohoo:

Another concern was that we were located just outside the elevator, and I was worried about noise.... this too worked out fine, as the fans in the rooms are loud enough to block out any road or hallway noise. Our family sleeps with noisemakers or fans in our rooms at home to make white noise, and the HoJo's A/C units provided exactly that for us. Because of the fan humm, it also blocked out any street noise. :car: The fan runs consistently (not cutting on and off as some units do.)

Things I loved most about HoJo's...
Size of the room
Fridge, Microwave and Coffeepot
Excellent housekeeping
The citrus scented bath products OMG!
Fireworks from the balcony
Beds

Things that could have been better...
-Internet issues on several days

-When the rollaway bed was brought up, housekeeping said it was the last one and that we may want to put the mattress directly on the floor because the springs were shot. :confused: Our little guy didn't notice the springs luckily....a teenager may complain.:rolleyes1

-The walk was a bit farther than what I had anticipated, but it was convenient to pop into MiMi's and McDonald's on the walk for an extra cup of coffee or yogurt parfait.

One of the best things that I have learned from our travels, is that it is utmost to manage your expectations. If I set my expectations too high, than I will undoubtably be disappointed. This is why I am so thankful for the Disboards. If I had expected a 5 star hotel in HoJo's, I would have been a bit sad....but it was a great 3 star experience. And you absolutely can't complain about the rate! Had I paid hundreds, I would have expected a premium experience. The pictures that were posted prior to our arrival were right on par, and I am so grateful to everyone who has posted.

I hope others will continue to post reviews and photos to help those who are still questioning which hotel to choose.

Thanks again Everyone!!! :thanks:
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Here are some more photos of GCH - my room was on the 5th floor:
GCHbedroom.jpg

Notice the big tv:
GCHBR2.jpg

GCHsink.jpg

GCHbathroom2.jpg

Here's the view:
P2260200.jpg

Some lobby photos:
GCHlobbyfireplace.jpg

GCHlobby.jpg

And the front door:
GCHdoor.jpg

Thanks for all the pictures. It really does help those of us trying to choose.

exactly how far was your walk from the HOJO? what time did you leave every morning to go to the park? we are looking forward to our stay @ hojo. we also have a disney view room with a request on the 7th floor. where did you do most of your eating?
thanks,
mousiemom

exactly how far was your walk from the HOJO? what time did you leave every morning to go to the park? we are looking forward to our stay @ hojo. we also have a disney view room with a request on the 7th floor. where did you do most of your eating?
thanks,
mousiemom

If you can cross to the Disneyland side, at the light right at the corner where Ho Jo's and Mimi's is, you miss out on walking through the crowds, it's a seven minute walk. If the park opens at 10am, be ready to go through bag check and the turnstiles before 9am as Main Street will be open. If it's same park opening time for both parks and it's early entry (MM) for DL, you may want to go to DCA first. The advantage of being on the plaza between both parks is that you can visually see the lines going into each park.

You will love HoJo's. I was on the 4th floor with a great Matterhorn view. I did not eat at Mimi's, just picked up muffins for the morning from there, but I have eaten there in the past and love their food. There are lots of places to eat along the main avenue. (If you are going to DL and getting coffee, on the right side of Main Street is the Market house, get your coffee there and save your receipt for refills, I did this every day and it was fun telling others that I had learned this on the Dis)

Have a wonderful time!!!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter