Possible deal on Disney GC at Target

Thanks to everyone above for posting explanations/clarifications on how to use Target GCs to buy Disney cards. Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding, can someone confirm:

You have to be at a store to USE your Target GCs to buy Disney cards - i get that. But you can still buy the initial Target GCs online during the 10% off sale, right? You don't have to travel to the store to do the initial purchase, do you?
Yes, you can buy the Target gift card online. I just bought mine. :groom:

Reactions: shh
I think I'll try buying $300 of Target gift cards on December 3rd...and then go to another register and see if I can buy Disney gift cards. If I can, then I'll go to a few other stores and repeat. If not, then my wife will eventually spend the $300.
You can only buy discounted Target cards on December 3rd, but you cannot spend them until 10am on December 4th.

My question is:
I buy $300 of Target cards today at 10% off. Tomorrow I want to buy Disney cards with my red card discount. So I would have to buy more than $300 tomorrow, correct?
In order to get the red card discount? Otherwise my card won’t be used because I am paying with target cards?

My question is:
I buy $300 of Target cards today at 10% off. Tomorrow I want to buy Disney cards with my red card discount. So I would have to buy more than $300 tomorrow, correct?
In order to get the red card discount? Otherwise my card won’t be used because I am paying with target cards?
Buying Disney gift cards with your Red Card is a separate thing than the Target gift card thing.

You can purchase Disney gift cards with your Red Card (and get the 5% discount on them) in any amount, at any time.

The Target gift cards you get today cannot be used until Monday at 10am. You can use them to purchase Disney gift cards at that time. You won't get the additional 5% off using Target gift cards. You spend the Target gift cards dollar for dollar on Disney gift cards ($25 Target gift card = $25 Disney gift card, regardless of the fact that you paid 10% less for the Target gift card).

OH--I get what you're asking. Yes, if you purchase $300 worth of Disney gift cards and want to use the Target gift cards for that, you can. Or, you can purchase Disney gift cards with your Red Card and get the 5% off that purchase. If you want to apply the $300 in Target gift cards first, that would be one-for-one, then you'd get 5% off anything above that using your Red Card.

And I believe it would not make sense to use the red card today as you will not get an additional 5% off above the 10%. Makes sense to use a different credit card that would give you some percentage back on your $270 purchase, correct?

Bought two $300 gift cards. My net cost was $450 (fuel points and cash back from credit card included). Will be hitting target tomorrow to buy Disney gift cards. My pif date for Alaska is four months away.

Will also pick up a few $25 Disney gift cards at bed bath and beyond with my amex offers.

And I believe it would not make sense to use the red card today as you will not get an additional 5% off above the 10%. Makes sense to use a different credit card that would give you some percentage back on your $270 purchase, correct?
You can purchase Target gift cards with your Red Card, but there's no 5% discount on them.

I don't shop at Target and don't have a red card or online account. Per this thread I bought $300 of Target Gift Cards online today using an account created with my email address and $300 using an account created with my husband's email address. In the next few days I'll go to closest Target (35 miles each way) and buy Disney Gift Cards. Crossing my fingers they will have in stock at the store. This is a wonderful savings.

Good job, JacksGirlz. I live in Central Oregon, the desert. Closest Target is in Bend. I'll get a ride to Target within the next few days to buy Disney Gift Cards.
I'm so glad I read about Dec 3rd Target gift card sale. Combining my gift card purchases from BJ's with what I bought from Target - Cruise is really close to being paid off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter