Port Orleans Riverside- Which building to request?

kcchief

Mouseketeer
Hello all. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of May. We booked a woods view room because all standards were gone. Which building should we try to request in advance? We would like to be as close as we can to the restaurants and possibly a bus stop without having to pay for the preferred room. Thank you in advance!

Check out Touring Plans, you will be able to see resort maps and sort by room type. They will also have views from most rooms, too. It's a great resource.

Hello all. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of May. We booked a woods view room because all standards were gone. Which building should we try to request in advance? We would like to be as close as we can to the restaurants and possibly a bus stop without having to pay for the preferred room. Thank you in advance!
Building 85 has a lot of Woods View rooms, is very close to the food court, lobby, main pool, etc. And is also very close to the East Depot bus stop. Check out this map, if you click on each building it will show you the category of each room.

https://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php

I’d say 85 has the slight edge over 80. We stayed in building 80 with a woods view and a beautiful fountain outside. The walk to the North depot bus stop was fairly short but the walk to the lobby area was very far. 85 is a touch closer to the lobby and has the east depot a short distance away. Both are fantastic imo.

Our favorite non preferred room was building 16. Right by a parking lot and quiet pool. Just a quick walk to the main building

We had a wonderful woods view in #27. We walked right out of our door looking at a wilderness, LOL. We were close to the West pickup for the parks and close to the pool and the main building. It was a nice location.

I would not concentrate on a certain building but put in a request to be close to the Food Court. BTW, we have stayed there a number of times and never felt the need to pay for a preferred room.

We've been in Buildings 24 & 85 and loved both locations! Building 24 was very close to the first bus stop and a quiet pool, but a longer walk to the lobby (but it's a nice walk :) ) and building 85 seemed to be a short walk to the lobby area and relatively close to a bus stop.

But I second the comment about using Touring Plans and their resort maps. They are very helpful!

We like building 26, it's a ~5 min walk to the food court but it's the first bus stop/west depot and we prefer that location so we can be on and off first. We stayed in the royal rooms a few times and 1 out of every few times we'd wait for the bus in the morning, a full bus would just pass us by. I make my room requests in touring plans and in the Disney app, I usually specify a room number and why I want that room so they can sub it out if it's not available. I included what TP says for woods view rooms below, nothing shows up under a 3 min walk to the lobby for any type of woods view room- 2 queen, 2 qn + murphy and royal room. We stayed in building 90 also and didn't find it very far from the lobby but I guess the TP speed testers walk slow.

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 3.29.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-10 at 3.29.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 3.30.50 PM.png

Thank you SouthernBelle! You said the West depot is the first pickup spot on the bus route? That’s kind of what we are looking for.
Yes west depot is first. On occasion, POFQ and POR share a bus but that's not typical. Most of our stays at FQ and POR, they've not shared buses. But if they do, the first stop is FQ, then the POR lobby bus stop then west. But it's still an early stop when shared. Overall, in terms of bus loops and stops at POR, we've always enjoyed our bus travel when there and never found it to be very long loops.

I contacted Disney today to put in my room request and I was informed that the “Woods View” rooms are only in the Magonola Bend buildings. I’m wondering if this is a recent change?

I contacted Disney today to put in my room request and I was informed that the “Woods View” rooms are only in the Magonola Bend buildings. I’m wondering if this is a recent change?
I think you got bad information I would call again. There are many woods view rooms in the AB section.

No, you got bad information from the CM.

I just got on the Touring Plans map of Port Orleans Riverside and Woods View-2 Queens are available in Alligator Bayou buildings 16, 17, 26 & 28 and Magnolia Bend buildings 80 & 85. Woods View-2 Queens and a Murphy bed are just available in the Alligator Bayou section (We stayed in one last trip and it was very nice!).

The Woods View-Royal guest rooms are only showing up in the Magnolia Bend section.

Hope this helps!

Agree w PP There are woods view rooms all over the AB section. It could be that there are no woods view rooms available for your dates and perhaps there was a miscommunication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter