Pop Century Room Renovations

:) BTW, in my original image you can clearly see enough of floor plan of the punch list to confirm that this is in fact an Innova room...

Last edited:
In my walk-about I saw two rooms with Innova bed was down and made.

The foot of the bed looked to be in the exact same place as the foot of the main bed. Because of what I assume is some need for rotational clearance in the Innova, this suggests pretty strongly a queen and a full. If my assumption about rotational clearance is off, then maybe it is two queens.

I just added a (lousy) picture of such a room to yesterday's refurb post (refresh your browser if the photo doesn't come up--my caching software sometimes is slow...I can't link to my own stuff, though others can). The camera angle makes the foot of the Innova bed look shorter than in real life, where it really did look like the two foots lined up exactly.
which refurb post?

Oh oh never mind! I just figured out who you are

the mattresses look so comfy!
Os so the floor space at the foot of the beds should be equal. Maybe we can get a cot set up.

Nice :thumbsup2

My opinion only but this looks like the murphy mattress hits slightly shorter than the bed mattress, and it probably allows for the frame overhang. Also you need the area at the headboard and the pivot space meaning the mattress is likely not as close to the wall as the bed mattress.

If you look at this Inova Murphy/Table bed you can see the mattress will likely not go as close to wall as the queen bed due to the head bumper space.

inova_tablebed.jpg.696x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

Here is the AoA beds, you can see also a bumper space.

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc011.jpg

AHHHHH, the SUSPENSE!!!

Last edited:
Pop rooms are 11 feet 9 inches wide, with a bathroom depth of 66 inches and a sleeping space depth of 18 feet 2 inches along the longer wall.

Cool. I guessed just under 12' based on the length of the bed. I still think the planks are just over 7" based on the room size you stated, and with those measurements it seems that the floor plan diagram is to scale, even if the nightstands themselves seem a little "off" in size. But I could be totally wrong. It's fun to try to figure it out. Although the bed size doesn't even matter to me personally, nor am I trying to fit in a twin air mattress. Others need the info though so I try to figure it out. I do floor plans for my personal home renovations and I find this stuff interesting.

This is so exciting! Pop Century is our favorite value resort - since we don't consider AofA truly "value" prices...
Well you may want to prepare for the strong possibility of Pop prices increasing closer to that of the standard AoA rooms with these changes and the impending gondola.

Well you may want to prepare for the strong possibility of Pop prices increasing closer to that of the standard AoA rooms with these changes and the impending gondola.

Oh good point. Boo! I guess I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Our trip in September is already booked elsewhere and the next one I've promised my husband we will go to AofA so this won't be relevant for a few years... and surely the price will go up regardless... cause that's what they do at Disney...

AoA LM to POP ............. I think POP will be higher than AoA LM prices.

I don't think anything will happen until at minimum the renovation is complete.

I'm most curious about the refrigerator.
Does anyone know the dimensions?
I'd like to get a good sized grocery order of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as some milk.
From the pictures that were posted, it looks pretty small.
Looks like the glass front ones from CBR, we managed to cram quite a bit in.

Well no worries, you will still have all the germs you had before, the sterile design will just help you feel better about it.
I have to disagree, the removal of carpet will definitely help with germs. I do agree though that a nice pop of color on an accent wall or something would help and not add any germs into the equation ;)

All this talk of Pop resorts going up in price is depressing :sad1:

Good luck and have a great trip! No you know that because you told us this, if you get one you HAVE to report back with pictures. It's a must!
If I'm lucky enough to get one, I absolutely will!!! I'm from Chicago too, go hawks!!!

Pop rooms are 11 feet 9 inches wide, with a bathroom depth of 66 inches and a sleeping space depth of 18 feet 2 inches along the longer wall.
Thank you! I couldn't find actual numbers. So with two 60" wide beds, that would leave 10' 2". That's assuming both beds are queen-width. If they're actual queens, the Inova bed will take up more width. Three feet, at least, of that is doorway swing (so, potentially an air mattress could fit there.) Seven feet+ left for bed access from both sides and the nightstands. Say the Murphy bed Woodside nightstand doesn't interfere with door access. So that allows, say, a foot for that nightstand, which leaves six feet. Three feet between beds, three feet between the permanent bed and the wall. All measurements guessed, of course.

I didn't think the Value rooms had that much space!
And the beds are on the short wall.
Respectfully, no, they're on the long wall. On the short wall, two 60" wide beds would leave only 21" for the nightstands, bed access, and the door.

Thank you! I couldn't find actual numbers. So with two 60" wide beds, that would leave 10' 2". That's assuming both beds are queen-width. If they're actual queens, the Inova bed will take up more width. Three feet, at least, of that is doorway swing (so, potentially an air mattress could fit there.) Seven feet+ left for bed access from both sides and the nightstands. Say the Murphy bed Woodside nightstand doesn't interfere with door access. So that allows, say, a foot for that nightstand, which leaves six feet. Three feet between beds, three feet between the permanent bed and the wall. All measurements guessed, of course.

I didn't think the Value rooms had that much space!

Respectfully, no, they're on the long wall. On the short wall, two 60" wide beds would leave only 21" for the nightstands, bed access, and the door.
They are on the short wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter