• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

I do love Pop, but they spoiled me. In January, we were preferred 70's refurbished room. For the Princess Half Marathon week/weekend we were 50's, and she wasn't lookin' too spiffy. :laughing:
Going back spring break keeping fingers crossed that my standard pool view is 80's, not 50's . . . :worship:
The 50's will probably closed down by then! I actually wanted the 50's but it doesn't look like that will happen for me by May.

Checking in to pop tomorrow night late, probably around 10-10:30pm. Put in a request for a renovated room and hoping that our late arrival doesn’t impact pur chance of getting that request granted.

Checking in to pop tomorrow night late, probably around 10-10:30pm. Put in a request for a renovated room and hoping that our late arrival doesn’t impact pur chance of getting that request granted.
I would call. I asked at the front desk on Saturday about my upcoming trip. She said it’s easier to swing it for an early arrival. If I was late, she suggested calling a week ahead of time and coming by the front desk at check in.

Last edited:

The 50's will probably closed down by then! I actually wanted the 50's but it doesn't look like that will happen for me by May.
. My best guess is that Building 3 may be closed in May but buildings 1 and 2 could still be open, in not yet refurbished state.

The latest we’ve been told is that parts of Building 5 have been reopened and portions of Building 4 are closed. If someone there now has information other than this please let us know and we will update post 2.

. My best guess is that Building 3 may be closed in May but buildings 1 and 2 could still be open, in not yet refurbished state.

The latest we’ve been told is that parts of Building 5 have been reopened and portions of Building 4 are closed. If someone there now has information other than this please let us know and we will update post 2.
We took a quick walk around the hippy dippy pool today and both building 5 and 4 said construction was going on. There were signs blocking the sidewalks.

I would call. I asked at the front desk on Saturday about my upcoming trip. She said it’s easier to swing it for an early arrival. If I was late, she suggested calling a week ahead of time and coming by the front desk at check in.
Hi. Do you mean calling in to the general teservation line? I don’t think there’s a way to call the fromt desk directly right? I called in the general line for my requests already. Then I called back recently to double check my requests were still noted. We will go by the front desk at arrival for sure since we are canadians and need to pick up our magic bands.

Hi. Do you mean calling in to the general teservation line? I don’t think there’s a way to call the fromt desk directly right? I called in the general line for my requests already. Then I called back recently to double check my requests were still noted. We will go by the front desk at arrival for sure since we are canadians and need to pick up our magic bands.

You are correct, there is no way to call the Front Desk. Not even from your room at Pop. You're all good by calling in your requests to the Main Reservations Line.

Just got in our room: 70s and highest floor like we asked. Not near the lake but that’s okay. I absolutely love the new rooms!!!! There is so much storage everywhere! The bowling pin pool is closed according to the front desk. Off to get our mugs and dinner!

Glad you got your requests - have a great trip!

Just got in our room: 70s and highest floor like we asked. Not near the lake but that’s okay. I absolutely love the new rooms!!!! There is so much storage everywhere! The bowling pin pool is closed according to the front desk. Off to get our mugs and dinner!
Have the best time!!!

Yes. That’s the only number she suggested.

I think I'm going to try for 70's section now. Thank you and Hopperfan for all of your work keeping the renovations up to date.

Quick update. We are now at Pop Century. We had booked a preferred room and I had put in 2 requests via phone: #1 refurbished room #2 ground floor (easier for me with a scooter). Got both requests granted!! We are in the 70s section. It was a very long travel day for us, we are from Canada and it’s 1am here (2 am for us). Time for some zzzzz.

Quick update. We are now at Pop Century. We had booked a preferred room and I had put in 2 requests via phone: #1 refurbished room #2 ground floor (easier for me with a scooter). Got both requests granted!! We are in the 70s section. It was a very long travel day for us, we are from Canada and it’s 1am here (2 am for us). Time for some zzzzz.
So happy you were able to get your requests. Have a great trip!!

Are there King rooms anymore or just 2 Queens? We'll be at Movies and I know they're doing the same layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter