Pop Century Room Renovations

We have a large group heading to Disney in 2 weeks. We had 3 rooms booked at Pop - 2 were preferred pool view and the other was a standard room. We received a call from guest relations on Wednesday (Feb 21st) and were told because of an "inventory discrepancy" our preferred pools rooms were unavailable for our stay. We booked these rooms in Sept 2017. I'm still totally in shock but the CM upgraded us to 3 rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah Views!!!! OMG!!!!! We have wanted to stay here for years and never though it would be possible for us because of the prices. *Possible Relevant Info* Our rooms were booked for a total of 8 nights and 2 of the rooms had the Disney Dining Package on them. These rooms were also booked under the military package.
:cheer2:pixiedust:

We have a large group heading to Disney in 2 weeks. We had 3 rooms booked at Pop - 2 were preferred pool view and the other was a standard room. We received a call from guest relations on Wednesday (Feb 21st) and were told because of an "inventory discrepancy" our preferred pools rooms were unavailable for our stay. We booked these rooms in Sept 2017. I'm still totally in shock but the CM upgraded us to 3 rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah Views!!!! OMG!!!!! We have wanted to stay here for years and never though it would be possible for us because of the prices. *Possible Relevant Info* Our rooms were booked for a total of 8 nights and 2 of the rooms had the Disney Dining Package on them. These rooms were also booked under the military package.
WOW!! Congratulations! I can understand your excitement because to me that would be a dream come true too!!! So happy for you!

We're here now, and we LOVE our room--80s, so refurb, a top floor on an end so NO foot traffic--not exactly the section I requested but conceptually what I wanted so I'm happy. Haven't experienced the loudness/hearing other rooms that others have mentioned, but probably helps that we are on the end.

And I'm wondering if they've figured out the dirty floor issue. Our room is perfectly clean (our housekeeper is actually a bit overzealous, but I hate people touching my stuff and prefer when they just clean and don't rearrange my toiletries etc). Anyway, earlier I walked past a housekeeping guy who was going door-to-door in 80s, so refurbs, with just a vacuum cleaner-looking thing. So maybe he's just Floor Guy? So maybe they're on that problem.

Checking in March 10th. I have a service dog and was wondering what would be the best location for us that isn't to far from the buses and drink refills. We booked a standard room (connecting if possible to my mom). Something that isn't to difficult in case i need to walk the dog as well. Any room or section recommendations?

I booked a preferred room and requested the 60's building, top floor for our stay the last week in October. Should all of the 60's be refurbished by then?

I really want a refurbished top floor room. We've only been once and it was in the 70's section and I liked that location. If I have touring plans, can/how exactly do I make this request?

I really want a refurbished top floor room. We've only been once and it was in the 70's section and I liked that location. If I have touring plans, can/how exactly do I make this request?

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add a request to your reservation of "refurbished room, top floor, 70's please".

I follow Bioconstruct on Twitter. He posted some aerial photos today of the Skyliner construction between AoA and Pop, and if you zoom in, you can clearly see sheets of paper (construction checklist?) in the windows of the 60's section.

I'm not sure how to post the pics, but you can see the photos at his Twitter account from earlier today
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct?lang=en

My family will be staying at POP June 1st-6th. We would like to stay in the 60s section. Should those rooms be finished by then?

We leave in 3 days and I have a question about magical express. We were planning on getting our own luggage but it sounds tempting to just bring our stuff in our personal item bags. Will Disney bring the luggage in the middle of the night or will they leave it at the luggage area at our resort for us to pick up?

I follow Bioconstruct on Twitter. He posted some aerial photos today of the Skyliner construction between AoA and Pop, and if you zoom in, you can clearly see sheets of paper (construction checklist?) in the windows of the 60's section.

I'm not sure how to post the pics, but you can see the photos at his Twitter account from earlier today
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct?lang=en
LOL! I just looked at the pic you mentioned. Yup...you can see the construction notes when you zoom in. That wing of rooms was closed for refurb mid-January. Still waiting for confirmation to see if the remainder of the building is open or closed right now.

My family will be staying at POP June 1st-6th. We would like to stay in the 60s section. Should those rooms be finished by then?
Some of the 60s section will be open. Hopefully all but I’m not sure as our understanding is that a portion of Building 4 has not yet been closed for refurbishment. It seems to take an average of 75-80 days for refurbishment.

We leave in 3 days and I have a question about magical express. We were planning on getting our own luggage but it sounds tempting to just bring our stuff in our personal item bags. Will Disney bring the luggage in the middle of the night or will they leave it at the luggage area at our resort for us to pick up?
When does your flight land? Late I'd assume if you're asking if they would bring it in the middle of the night?

When does your flight land? Late I'd assume if you're asking if they would bring it in the middle of the night?
Actually at 5:30 ish but I’ve read some horror stories and we want to get to bed early for Rd the next morning.

Actually at 5:30 ish but I’ve read some horror stories and we want to get to bed early for Rd the next morning.
I've always landed earlier in the day, but theoretically they should have your stuff in your room around 8:30 PM barring any screwups. If you are worried and absolutely need your stuff that day and don't want to be possibly woken up by bell services, you should probably grab it yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter