Polynesian Resale Listings

I wonder if they’d do the same here. They could definitely squeeze another feature pool between Pago Pago and Moorea, or they could replace the little parking lot behind Pago Pago, if they could find some additional parking.
If they did realize they need another pool hopefully they can find room closer to the tower as the Pago Pago Moorea side already is so close to the quiet pool. They definitely underbuilt the facilities and they must realize it...or at least will when the resort is constantly packed to the brim.

If they did realize they need another pool hopefully they can find room closer to the tower as the Pago Pago Moorea side already is so close to the quiet pool. They definitely underbuilt the facilities and they must realize it...or at least will when the resort is constantly packed to the brim.
I agree that makes more sense, I just don’t know where you’d put it.

A genuine feature pool (zero entry, slide, hot tubs, lifeguards, pool bar) on the eastern side would at the very least pull several longhouses of guests away from the original one, and be an option for anyone if the original one was too full.

I’m just dreaming here anyway. 🙂

I agree that makes more sense, I just don’t know where you’d put it.

A genuine feature pool (zero entry, slide, hot tubs, lifeguards, pool bar) on the eastern side would at the very least pull several longhouses of guests away from the original one, and be an option for anyone if the original one was too full.

I’m just dreaming here anyway. 🙂
The right move would've been for the planners to have some foresight and created a bit larger/more than they did! Maybe it won't be an issue although I think many of us who know the resort well foresee overcrowding. Time will tell I guess.

[
The right move would've been for the planners to have some foresight and created a bit larger/more than they did! Maybe it won't be an issue although I think many of us who know the resort well foresee overcrowding. Time will tell I guess.

The unknown is how many guests who currently visit the Lava pool aren’t there for access to the slide, etc. and will shift to the tower pool instead.

If that happens, then maybe it won’t be a crazy level of unbalance to that pool.

[

The unknown is how many guests who currently visit the Lava pool aren’t there for access to the slide, etc. and will shift to the tower pool instead.

If that happens, then maybe it won’t be a crazy level of unbalance to that pool.
Been at the Poly the last couple of summers so peak pool usage and for the most part the quiet pool, although definitely frequented by families with kids, tends not to attract too many children. The Lava pool has been pretty packed. This doesn't bother me or my family much but I'm sure some really hate the crowded pool feel. I'm thinking that the tower will bring more kids to the resort because of the family friendly room configurations. Just my guess is that the Lava pool will look like a Vegas pool party while the quiet pool and the tower pool will remain relatively manageable...again during peak pool season. But again all this is speculation until it becomes real world usage. Honestly the transportation will probably be a bigger mess with the tower than the pool or dining situation. And unfortunately that'll spill over into the GF making the transportation experience there slightly worse. Probably will force the hand of many to walk to MK when they normally wouldn't.

Been at the Poly the last couple of summers so peak pool usage and for the most part the quiet pool, although definitely frequented by families with kids, tends not to attract too many children. The Lava pool has been pretty packed. This doesn't bother me or my family much but I'm sure some really hate the crowded pool feel. I'm thinking that the tower will bring more kids to the resort because of the family friendly room configurations. Just my guess is that the Lava pool will look like a Vegas pool party while the quiet pool and the tower pool will remain relatively manageable...again during peak pool season. But again all this is speculation until it becomes real world usage. Honestly the transportation will probably be a bigger mess with the tower than the pool or dining situation. And unfortunately that'll spill over into the GF making the transportation experience there slightly worse. Probably will force the hand of many to walk to MK when they normally wouldn't.
Seems like the easier solution would be to walk to the TTC.

Seems like the easier solution would be to walk to the TTC.
For Epcot? Sure I’d consider that. For express monorail or ferry? If you’re not taking resort monorail from GF or GCH, the boat dock is going to be where it’s at. It’s a pretty far walk from IT to TTC (bottom left to bottom right):
D80682F7-88EB-4C36-A866-60815B2B1C95.jpeg
But the dock is super close.

Meanwhile the walk to MK is better than I thought. These photos are the same scale: front of Epcot to Ratatouille is about the same as IT to the Carousel at MK!
4EBB01AA-BCF6-478F-B6A4-897231D0A741.jpeg
BCC9B51E-25CC-4439-9029-4E129736B17C.jpeg

Meanwhile the walk to MK is better than I thought. These photos are the same scale: front of Epcot to Ratatouille is about the same as IT to the Carousel at MK
To be fair, sometimes when one is walking from the front of EPCOT back to Ratatouille, it feels like you may as well be actually traveling to Paris! 🥵

To be fair, sometimes when one is walking from the front of EPCOT back to Ratatouille, it feels like you may as well be actually traveling to Paris! 🥵
Between the Wallcot years and just the way people walk five wide around World Showcase, Epcot is definitely not a pleasant park to try to get to the other side of!

I was just worried IT to MK would be worse than a “walking DHS to IG instead of taking transportation” decision, which is about 1 mile. But it seems like you could get to, say, the MK tap point & Railroad station in the same time/distance as that. VGF is apparently 3/4 mile from the front of MK.

Lava pool was always slammed during our week stay in August last year, so we did a lot more at the Oasis pool. Earlier this month, the Lava pool crowds never seemed that bad from what I could tell and the Oasis pool crowds seemed a bit higher this year. I did overhear one guest admit that despite having been to the Poly five times previously, he just found out about the Oasis pool during his current stay.

Oasis pool is great and honestly one of the best values on property is to rent one of the three giant cabanas there and just enjoy the day at the pool

facebook twitter