POFQ or Bonnet Creek

Which one?

• POFQ Standard Room

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Bonnet Creek 1 Bedroom

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Which hotel in Bonnet Creek are you referring to? There is a Hilton, Waldorf Astoria, and Wyndam. I love POFQ, but would consider Hilton, Waldorf Astoria "better hotels" but not necessary a better "value". Haven't stayed at the Wyndam, which I think is technically a time share that rent rooms. However we we will be trying the Wyndam out in November.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria are separate hotels in the Bonnet Creek area. This is not on Disney property, but surrounded by it. The Hilton and Waldorf are connected and share amenities.

The Wyndham Grand is another luxury hotel in the Bonnet Creek area - but I would not put it in the same luxury class as the other two. The Grand shares facilities with the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resort, but it is a separate hotel and has nothing to do with the timeshare side.

When most people on this forum talk about Bonnet Creek they are usually referring to the timeshare resort, which has been around the longest and is a great value for families seeking space.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek last year in a 2 bedroom that I got off Skyauction for $800 for the week. It was great! I didn't feel like I was offsite at all. In fact we weren't. We were still in the bubble being so close to everything and you are right next door to The Caribbean Beach Resort. For 2 adults I'd pick Bonnet Creek anyday.

p.s. we've stayed both places

Love POFQ! It's not just that it's in the Disney bubble.
  • It has a quaint atmosphere with the wrought iron walkways. Narrow cobblestone streets with horse drawn carriage rides, old fashioned flowering landscapes along the river. Oh, the riverboats to DS, especially at night with the lights reflecting on the water! For me I feel like I stepped into a novel set in New Orleans, without the dark seedy side. Total immersion.
  • The quick service restaurant smells delicious, good gumbo, you can sit at tables outside to enjoy made to order beignets and coffee before the park.
  • A delightful gift shop.
  • The bus stop is close to all the rooms and has a CM outside to help with buses.
  • CM's that seemed to offer a southern hospitality welcome, at least when we were there. I like the feel of it, better than Riverside.
  • The pool is fun and colorful with activities for the kids and relaxing for the adults.
I've never stayed at Bonnet Creek. It may be a better value, there, if you are staying a length of time. We just stay for 2 or 3 nights. I don't want to do dishes, cook, or do laundry when I am at Disney. I don't have that kind of energy and you know, I am on vacation too, darn it!

Hope this helps with your comparisons. We're retired and stayed here as a couple. Next month with our GD.
Liked quite a few of the Disney resorts, but seem to like this the best, for this year, as a moderate. The new beds were really comfy at Coronado, but the food end really needs better management, and too much walking at the resort.

Which hotel in Bonnet Creek are you referring to? There is a Hilton, Waldorf Astoria, and Wyndam. I love POFQ, but would consider Hilton, Waldorf Astoria "better hotels" but not necessary a better "value". Haven't stayed at the Wyndam, which I think is technically a time share that rent rooms. However we we will be trying the Wyndam out in November.

I am looking at Wyndham.

I stayed in a 3 bedroom at Wyndham with a large group, and it was terrific. I normally stay on site, but we wanted more space for this particular trip. I found the one I rented at VRBO. The cost was less than it would have been for us to stay in two rooms at a Value, and we had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, living room, laundry in unit, etc. Great value and lovely property. Close enough that making PPO breakfasts was no issue, etc.

For just a couples trip I would do POFQ. We don't need much room when it's just the two of us and we don't like to drive on vacation. Especially since we like to drink on vacation.

If it were a family trip and POFQ was out of the question I would do Bonnet Creek in a minute. It's on my radar if we ever go back for a family trip.

How are you booking Bonnet Creek? You should be paying less than at POFQ, not more.

Agreed. Our one bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek will be the same price as Pop, but three times as large. We want space. We were also given a free upgrade to a Presidential Suite. I love POFQ but am looking forward to the extra room, w/d, and lazy rivers. It sounds like you like the idea of having a kitchen and will have a car. I think either choice is great.

For just a couples trip I would do POFQ. We don't need much room when it's just the two of us and we don't like to drive on vacation. Especially since we like to drink on vacation.

If it were a family trip and POFQ was out of the question I would do Bonnet Creek in a minute. It's on my radar if we ever go back for a family trip.
This is good advice. We have no problem fitting the family into a POFQ room, but I understand that some folks like some room to stretch out. (We like finding deals on the larger rooms/suites at the Swan/Dolphin when we feel like having more room.) Plus you have a car, so that makes staying in Bonnet Creek or anywhere offsite easier.

For a couple, it's really hard to beat the sense-of-place that POFQ immerses you in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter