Podcasts?

I really like Maltin on Movies and You Must Remember this Podcast for movie content (new and well much much older lol)
If you don't mind feeling like a horrible person for laughing at hilarious jokes about taboo subjects The Dollop is a ton of fun for the most part (it's an american history podcast by two comedians - the live shows they do are my favorite, I found them from a live show My Favorite Murder did with the host)
Help I Sexted my Boss is also hilarious and contains bad language (obviously) but the host are genuinely sweet
Otherwise I mostly listen to Disney podcasts and have listened to many episodes of Jana Kramer's podcast Whine Down with Jana Kramer.

I listen to podcasts almost daily, my top favorites are: This American Life, Hidden Brain, Risk!, Armchair Expert, Invisibilia, You Must Remember This, Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness, and The Mortified Podcast.

Just listened to my first episode of the BBC Global News Podcast. I appreciate the fact that it does focus on world news, which is something I don't hear much about in the US media.

OMG...I feel left out of the Podcast craze!!! I have never listened to a Podcast but want to!!! So many of those listed sound so interesting to me.

Ok...please don't laugh....how do you start. I have an iPhone....what's next. I know there is a Podcast icon on the phone but I never opened it. Do I just open it and then search for titles listed in this thread? Is there other ways I may not be thinking of? Again, don't laugh!!!

If I really get hooked on Podcasts then I think I may have to reduce my book challenge number this year lol.

MJ

Ok...please don't laugh....how do you start. I have an iPhone....what's next. I know there is a Podcast icon on the phone but I never opened it. Do I just open it and then search for titles listed in this thread? Is there other ways I may not be thinking of?

I mean, that's the easiest way to do in.

https://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/fanfaq.html

On an Android phone you download a podcast app (I use BeyondPod). iTunes was the way I originally listened to podcasts before I had a smartphone (but I had an iPod). You could use Spotify, but I've never tried their podcast option. Although from what I've read it's a very poor implementation.

There are far too many for me to mention, especially if you look beyond Disney podcasts. Here's a summary:

Disney
The Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Retro WDW Podcast
The Thirty28 and WedWay Radio
The E-Ticket Report and Marty Called
The Season Pass
The Tomorrow Society Podcast (this is actually my show, so it's a shameless plug)

Sports
Hang Up and Listen
Effectively Wild (baseball)

Interviews
*** with Marc Maron
Talk Easy

Entertainment/Pop Culture
Rob Has a Podcast (Survivor and other reality TV)
Pop Culture Happy Hour
Fighting in the War Room (film)

DIS Unplugged, of course (this is their site we're all using)
Connecting with Walt (great stories about the history of Walt Disney and the parks, as well as interviews)

I have a few more, but my go-to's are:

History of English Podcast (I've been listening since the beginning and enjoy it)
A Way With Words (radio show- people call in)
Lexicon
Grammar Girl
Words for Granted

Stuff You Missed in History Class
Reply-All
Stuff You Should Know
The History Chicks
Rex-Factor (I like this one - they talk about British Royalty then vote whether that monarch merits the 'Rex Factor')
History on Fire
Myths and Legends (Well-known and other stories, told with a twist. He makes me laugh sometimes in the way he tells these stories.)
Hidden Brain
The California Report
California Now
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff They Don't Want You to Know
Ben Franklin's World

The ones I love that no one has mentioned are: Lore, Unobscured, HGTV & Me, and Texas Standard. Lore and Unobscured are produced by the same people. Lore is about creepy and mysterious legends and lore while Unobscured examines one thing during the entire season. The first, and only season thus far, was about the Salem Witch Trials. I was a history major who studied the trials and I was really impressed. HGTV & Me has less than 10 episodes but it's really funny. Each episode is about a different HGTV show and I even laughed at the episodes that covered shows I don't watch. Texas Standard is a Public Radio show out of Austin about Texas current events, politics and culture. I learn about events I never would have learned about otherwise.

I just started listening to 50 Things That Made the Modern Economy. I'm not into economics or economic theory but few episodes I've listened to about RADAR and sanitation have been more interesting than the topics sound liked they'd be.

Stuff you should know
Serial

And there’s lots of business and finance ones that I listen to that I’m sure would bore everyone to death. Daymond John Rise and Grind is a good one. I really like Gary Vaynerchuk (GaryVee). He’s pretty dynamic.

Joe Rogan has a mix of interesting people so he’s good.

I usually stream while I’m at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter