Podcast Cruise 2.0 Thread 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, computernut cruising friends. I dozed off last night and woke up at 12:30ish and was able to snag a Palo dinner ressie.

Congrats to everyone who was able to book their Palo & Spa reservations last night. I have to wait until the 28th to see what is left for us first timers.

Happy Monday all, hope everyone got the reservations they wanted last night.

Was I the only castaway club member not making reservations last night? No PALO or spa for us. I instead lost all my sleep to the Redskins game.

Have a great week.!

Nope, I think we will have so much to do with all the Podcast related activities I'd rather keep my spare time for relaxing (not that a spa appt. isn't, but it's not cheap either :laughing:) and see what grabs our fancy each day - plus then we're not taking away from other who really want to do the brunch and dinner at Palo :goodvibes

With all the Satudays you work, I'm sure you are due a day off work. And in case I forget - :bday:

Awww, thanks very much :goodvibes I'm sure I will mention it again :rolleyes1

Congrats to everyone who was able to book their Palo & Spa reservations last night. I have to wait until the 28th to see what is left for us first timers.

Fingers crossed everyone gets what they want :thumbsup2

I was clicking away exactly at midnight. Brunch was offered for 11:30 and 12:00- but never would go through. By the time it refreshed they were both gone- at 12:09! :eek:

Did manage to get dinner at Palo for Monday evening.

We can be very happy with that! :lovestruc

I was clicking away exactly at midnight. Brunch was offered for 11:30 and 12:00- but never would go through. By the time it refreshed they were both gone- at 12:09! :eek:

Did manage to get dinner at Palo for Monday evening.

We can be very happy with that! :lovestruc

We had the same problem with brunch.:headache: Guess I'll be heading to Wavebands once we get onboard.

but we did get primo dinner on Pirate night! Should be able to see sunset!
(and I love it that we get through Palo faster than the dining rooms- so we can go pirate up!)pirate:

Happy Monday everyone. :cool1:

Found out last night our wait list for BLT has come through :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
So we've got 7 nights at AKL and 5 at BLT (was 3 at BLT and the next 2 nights we had to wait list for - I was not looking forward to changing back to SSR for 2 nights) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Have a good Monday :dance3:

Good for you on the waitlist Becky. I still have one that I'm hoping will fill. No big deal if it doesn't but I'm hoping.

Happy Monday all, hope everyone got the reservations they wanted last night.

Was I the only castaway club member not making reservations last night? No PALO or spa for us. I instead lost all my sleep to the Redskins game.

Have a great week.!

Don't think so Kelly.

I'm trying to decide what to reserve for CC. Bikes, kayak/walk, jetski? Will probably wait to see who's doing what.

Well, I was on right at midnight and finally defeated the dreaded "swimming Mickey" (the graphic that shows while Disney's SLOW website uploads over and over again) and managed to get Palo brunch for 11:30 first. Saved that to confirm it before I moved on to even look at the spa offerings. I was shocked to see that there weren't any regular (Swedish) massages or couples wellness massages left by 12:09 :scared1: - so I booked both Phillip and I the more expensive option with the hot stones.

All of this is for the morning of the sea day. If podcast activities end up getting scheduled then - :headache:. I'm not rescheduling. It was too difficult to get these in the first place. :( I definitely am NOT a fan of the new tiered Castaway Club system and the staggered access now for reservations.:mad:

I'm trying to decide what to reserve for CC. Bikes, kayak/walk, jetski? Will probably wait to see who's doing what.

How cold is the water going to be, or more importantly the air temp once you get out of the water?

Kayaking sounds intriguing though.

We had the same problem with brunch.:headache: Guess I'll be heading to Wavebands once we get onboard.

but we did get primo dinner on Pirate night! Should be able to see sunset!
(and I love it that we get through Palo faster than the dining rooms- so we can go pirate up!)pirate:

Lori we had the same sunset idea but some research indicated sunset that time of year is around 5:20pm. Palo res's start at 6. Not sure if they will let you in early or not. Hope so. We plan cocktails on deck for sunset. ::yes::

Lori we had the same sunset idea but some research indicated sunset that time of year is around 5:20pm. Palo res's start at 6. Not sure if they will let you in early or not. Hope so. We plan cocktails on deck for sunset. ::yes::

LOL, I'm hoping we'll make it- otherwise it'll be cocktail hour at Outlook beforehand. For Christmas last year we had a 6pm and watched the end of the sunset.

However, thanks to a little "creative funding management" we'll be doing a little scouting trip on Oct 17.:rolleyes1

See for sure who'll still be there for Dec and who'll be headed to the Dream and when they leave.

However, thanks to a little "creative funding management" we'll be doing a little scouting trip on Oct 17.:rolleyes1

See for sure who'll still be there for Dec and who'll be headed to the Dream and when they leave.

I think you guys are addicted. Mommy! Daddy!

How cold is the water going to be, or more importantly the air temp once you get out of the water?

Kayaking sounds intriguing though.

The water will be a lot warmer than what I'm accustomed to here in New England. I'm really hoping for an 80 degree air temp. :)

Otherwise my headlights will be on! :eek:

LOL, I'm hoping we'll make it- otherwise it'll be cocktail hour at Outlook beforehand. For Christmas last year we had a 6pm and watched the end of the sunset.

We tried to get 6 on Monday Lori but it was not available. Lot's of folks thinking alike I guess. Sounds like you'll still catch a piece of sunset at the start of dinner. :thumbsup2

Yay! We got a Palo dinner for Tuesday evening (at 7 or 7:30?). I don't know, Greg did it. I was sitting with my MacBook and didn't go to the Castaway Club page so I never saw the right page to make the reservations on. Fortunately DUHGreg was able to do so. Thanks honey!!:flower3:

Can't warn you off of the jet ski's strongly enough George. I was furious after my jet ski excursion last year. It was terrible. Maybe it was an isolated incident but I doubt it. Try something else. :thumbsup2

Good Monday Morning Everyone....

Hope everyone got the ressies they were looking for. We are not planning much on this cruise except lots of R & R. Really no reservations to think about. We're trying to keep our schedule open as much as possible. Hopefully, we can enjoy the ship, Castaway Cay, and any other adventures we may run into.

We were able to get Palo brunch for 11am and dinner for 6pm on Pirate night. Also booked the Blue Lagoon beach day, not sure if we'll keep that one or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter