PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
sumrmist said:
Well its been nice meeting you but it's time to go to bed... I will be back to visit tomorrow evening :) Thanks for welcoming me .
Goodnight! We never close!!!! :wave:

sumrmist said:
Well its been nice meeting you but it's time to go to bed... I will be back to visit tomorrow evening :) Thanks for welcoming me .
it was nice meeting you too, see ya later!

Root planing/scaling is a super deep cleaning procedure. It's usually done when the patient has gums that are beginning to recede quite a bit. It cleans bacteria, plaque and calculus that has collected in the pockets deeper than a regular cleaning can get. It's not as bad as it sounds. Some people just have extra deep gingival pockets (the gum area around your tooth) and tartar can get pretty deep. You'll probably have a local anesthetic. It really depends on what type of instruments he is using to do the procedure. Ultrasonic tools may not require any anesthetic at all. Don't be afraid to ask for one if you find it uncomfortable though. If you stay on top of your oral hygeine routine you shouldn't have further problems. If your gingival pockets are extra deep you might require cleanings every 3 months rather than every 6. For most people, it's a one time procedure though. Don't let the name scare you. It's not what it sounds like. It won't be any worse than having a cavity filled. If it's available, ask for nitrous oxide. It can be a long procedure and the nitrous will help you relax.

I'm off to bed too. Goodness only knows that I will probably get a call to go to a program early tomorrow.

Shug, just post that information for me, I always read back. :thumbsup2

bigmerle1966 said:
I'm off to bed too. Goodness only knows that I will probably get a call to go to a program early tomorrow.

Shug, just post that information for me, I always read back. :thumbsup2
Goodnight Merle!!! :grouphug: :wave:

Shugardrawers said:
Root planing/scaling is a super deep cleaning procedure. It's usually done when the patient has gums that are beginning to recede quite a bit. It cleans bacteria, plaque and calculus that has collected in the pockets deeper than a regular cleaning can get. It's not as bad as it sounds. Some people just have extra deep gingival pockets (the gum area around your tooth) and tartar can get pretty deep. You'll probably have a local anesthetic. It really depends on what type of instruments he is using to do the procedure. Ultrasonic tools may not require any anesthetic at all. Don't be afraid to ask for one if you find it uncomfortable though. If you stay on top of your oral hygeine routine you shouldn't have further problems. If your gingival pockets are extra deep you might require cleanings every 3 months rather than every 6. For most people, it's a one time procedure though. Don't let the name scare you. It's not what it sounds like. It won't be any worse than having a cavity filled. If it's available, ask for nitrous oxide. It can be a long procedure and the nitrous will help you relax.

You rock lady! :banana:

I asked for nitrous and the lady told me they don't have that at their office. :worried: But she did tell me that the Dr. will take care of me and give me a local if needed.

Goodnight Ash! :grouphug: :wave:

Guess I'll just post Shug under the table and then I'll go watch Highlander.

bigmerle1966 said:
You rock lady! :banana:

I asked for nitrous and the lady told me they don't have that at their office. :worried: But she did tell me that the Dr. will take care of me and give me a local if needed.

What kind of dentist doesn't have nitrous available???? :confused3 Some don't use it but that's very few. It will probably take 2 to 4 visits to get the whole thing done. If you are a nervous patient you might want to seek a 2nd opinion with a dentist who does offer it. I'm a huge fan of nitrous.

ETA that's not to say he's a bad dentist. Just that most do offer it. If you've done ok up till now you will be fine without it. It's not an anesthetic or narcotic, it's a relaxer.

paigevz said:
Whatcha doin' Shugardrawers???

Trying to catch up on a weeks worth of Dising :rotfl2: I should just let it go and start from here but I want to know what you guys said about me while I was gone :rotfl:

Shugardrawers said:
Trying to catch up on a weeks worth of Dising :rotfl2: I should just let it go and start from here but I want to know what you guys said about me while I was gone :rotfl:
How many pages even is that!!

Shugardrawers said:
Oh my gosh. That is way too long to catch up. I'll tell you. We all said we missed you, we all wondered what you were doing sometimes, we all thought about you and Wishes at the CG, and we all said you deserved your Victory Tour. Now, you don't have to read back anymore!!!!

paigevz said:
Oh my gosh. That is way too long to catch up. I'll tell you. We all said we missed you, we all wondered what you were doing sometimes, we all thought about you and Wishes at the CG, and we all said you deserved your Victory Tour. Now, you don't have to read back anymore!!!!
What she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter