Pie That Brownie, Fruitcake! Updated Post #1832 - The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I remember you saying something about that. It's a shame because this used to be a decent cheese plate with portions large enough to share - if we go back I will have to find something else for dessert because I won't order it for that price either.

And yes ... that ostrich serving was huge ... I can't believe they ate the whole thing! :rotfl2:

Same in December. They shrunk it between October and December and started charging 20 bucks for it. I won't order it there anymore.

I love ostrich but that looks like a whole friggin ostrich on that plate.

I'm heeeeeeeeere! This post was a beacon to me, I swear. And it's a total coincidence that I posted one of the same items a few minutes earlier. :laughing: I would prefer not to eat there during the damn fireworks, given the choice (and the nuts level).

Don't look a gift window table in the mouth? That doesn't sound right...

We usually try to time dinner at CG early, so that we're leaving as the fireworks rush is starting. The last time we did that a couple of CMs stopped us on our way out to make sure we knew that the fireworks were going to be starting ... they were stunned when we told them that's why we were leaving! :rotfl2:

And the table was great - probably the best table with a view we've ever had, but I had hoped for a little something special for X&Y. But they didn't know what they were "missing" so no biggie.

I've never gotten the Sampler before. But I probably will now. The sushi and flatbreads would do it for me. Add in soup and I'm sold.

It was all terrific!

Never too old to be cute. I am not a suck up. Really.

Aww, thanks! :laughing:

Lainie Kazan roll. :laughing: And that's the item I posted tonight. I still would love to have that roll here in Chicago. :cloud9:

Jay would order this every day if he could - although he said it needed to be spicier. ;)

Hey, if you had my server from a couple years ago, she would have gotten you the cheesy 'wich! Don't you remember my impromptu grilled cheese? That rocked. They really need it on the menu.

I was thinking about your dinner when I posted this - I will never forget the cheese sandwedge they brought you. I still have cheese envy over that one!

Damn, I need to order that if they still have it on the menu. That's just sinful it should be outlawed in all 50 states.

It was amazing ... I'm actually glad I didn't order it because I don't think I could have finished it ... very rich.

Wow, that's gorgeous. Hoped it tasted good.

Jay and Dylan both said the ostrich was fabulous!

Those are big honkin' scallops, and they weren't stingy with portions. About 10 years ago, Flying Fish served my friend an entree of 3 scallops. Yes, 3. We thought it was a ripoff at the time. I should think so now after seeing this pic. But now I'm sure that's changed. I hope.

I was amazed by the portion size ... huge! And it was such a tasty dish ... YUM!

That really is so totally Grimace! :rotfl2:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought, too. :rotfl2:

That looks like a banana obstacle course. I'm weird with my food comparisons lately. First the breadstick hot tub in tomato sauce, now the banana obstacle course. I call them as I see them. Warped.

I thought his dessert looked a little sloppy but those mousses were amazing ... so light and creamy. I would order it without the bananas if I could!

The Lori Special. Mine from that older report I mentioned, that had the raspberry ice cream. I would have loved this ice cream I'm sure.

The ice cream was awesome ... Jay let me have some!

That cheese plate looked decent, but it's now priced itself out of the running for me. And people are saying the cheese portions are smaller now, too.

We're out on CA Grill cheese plate going forward, too; especially if they've cut the portions in half. Jerks!

I would like to take you up on that offer, if it is an offer to dine with you two at California Grill in October! :banana:

Well, I will get back to you on that one ... would you believe that I'm not even planning many ADRs for this trip? We're going to do a lot of winging it this time ... trying to keep things low key after last year. :goodvibes

I suggest you descend on the California Grill lounge early and swap around lots of flatbread and sushi...no ADR required

Great review Brenda! Last October we were, let's say, "underwhelmed" with Cali Grill. We may do what Catherine sugested!:idea:

You should have already known that! You have such good examples in your midst... ;) :laughing: :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I thought everyone was 40??? :goodvibes

I suggest you descend on the California Grill lounge early and swap around lots of flatbread and sushi...no ADR required

A good suggestion ... thanks!

Great review Brenda! Last October we were, let's say, "underwhelmed" with Cali Grill. We may do what Catherine sugested!:idea:

Thanks Kat! I'm amazed at how uneven the quality can be from night to night ... sorry your meal wasn't better. The flatbread and sushi are amazing - you can't go wrong with those!

Great Reviews Brenda! Jason and I join the group of people who have had hit and miss dinners at Ca. Grill but this last trip our meal was as "Exquisite" as your Gnocchi and Scallops! :rotfl2: Damn! I wish that cheese plate was available to me for breakfast!:laughing:

Waahahaha!! EXQUISITE!! :rotfl2:

I wish we were eating that cheese plate too ... right now! No cheese for me until Vegas ... it's all part of the HAVE YOU DECREASED IN MASS? diet plan! :lmao:

Great Reviews Brenda! Jason and I join the group of people who have had hit and miss dinners at Ca. Grill but this last trip our meal was as "Exquisite" as your Gnocchi and Scallops! :rotfl2: Damn! I wish that cheese plate was available to me for breakfast!:laughing:

ehh. Goblin doesn't like me at the moment, just trying to find a med that works. Instead of eating wonderful food, I'll just enviously relive your meals from WDW :thumbsup2

ehh. Goblin doesn't like me at the moment, just trying to find a med that works. Instead of eating wonderful food, I'll just enviously relive your meals from WDW :thumbsup2

I'm really sorry to hear that ... I hope you find some relief soon. I guess the steroids weren't a very long-term fix, huh? :hug: I take pentasa ... 4 pills 4 times per day ... and that usually works well for me. Have you ever tried it? It's pricey ... one month supply is more than $600 but most insurance plans will cover it (I pay $50 per month co-pay on mine). Good luck!!

I'm really sorry to hear that ... I hope you find some relief soon. I guess the steroids weren't a very long-term fix, huh? :hug: I take pentasa ... 4 pills 4 times per day ... and that usually works well for me. Have you ever tried it? It's pricey ... one month supply is more than $600 but most insurance plans will cover it (I pay $50 per month co-pay on mine). Good luck!!

The steroids worked, got better, was off for about 4 months and then it came again. I tried Pentasa, but had horrible side effects and dr said she didnt't want me on it.. I currently have 2 huge bottles of the stuff going to waste! It will be interesting to see what the scope says bc last time it was mainly a "lower section" problem..

What a great meal! Cali Grill was on my ADR list for November, but we decided to do the Podcast Cruise instead of WDW. Oh well, maybe in 2011!

The steroids worked, got better, was off for about 4 months and then it came again. I tried Pentasa, but had horrible side effects and dr said she didnt't want me on it.. I currently have 2 huge bottles of the stuff going to waste! It will be interesting to see what the scope says bc last time it was mainly a "lower section" problem..

Well, good luck. Wish there was something more I could do to help. Have you tried asacol at all? That was not effective for me but I've heard that for some people it works quite well ... don't have to take as many of those on a daily basis as with pentasa. Remicade is an option too, if you're really doing poorly but there are some pretty serious side effects with that one ... if it were me that would be a last choice, nothing-left-to-try option. I really hope you find some relief soon - it's no fun at all to have to deal with this stuff. :hug:

What a great meal! Cali Grill was on my ADR list for November, but we decided to do the Podcast Cruise instead of WDW. Oh well, maybe in 2011!

Thanks Denise! At least you know CA Grill will always be waiting for you! :thumbsup2

I'm going on the Podcast cruise, yet I might still be able to do CA Grill before or after. :laughing:

Okay so I'm trying to catch up your most recent frolic to the F&W festival. I'm enjoying this trip immensely by the way. I am currently reading about your Ditch Day at the Tequila Cave. There I was, innocently reading and looking at pictures when I got to the part about the Party Hat...

I did not know that laughing while eating trail mix would lead to a raisin coming OUT MY NOSE.:scared1::lmao::lmao::lmao:

My breathe, swallow, laugh sequence was disrupted by the Tequila soaked fun y'all were having and i snotted a raisin out my nose.

OUCH!

The worst of it being that I couldn't stop laughing at that point b/c a trip report had nearly caused me to choke for giggles.

THAT is some amazing writing/picture taking.

for serious.

I won't tell you what happened to the snotted raisin...unless you want to know.

it fell on the floor.

then my dog ate it.

and my nose is bleeding.

good times.

:rotfl2:

love it!:thumbsup2

Oh Campbell ... I've missed you! :hug: :rotfl2:

And I hope you're recovered now! :goodvibes

Okay so I'm trying to catch up your most recent frolic to the F&W festival. I'm enjoying this trip immensely by the way. I am currently reading about your Ditch Day at the Tequila Cave. There I was, innocently reading and looking at pictures when I got to the part about the Party Hat...

I did not know that laughing while eating trail mix would lead to a raisin coming OUT MY NOSE.:scared1::lmao::lmao::lmao:

My breathe, swallow, laugh sequence was disrupted by the Tequila soaked fun y'all were having and i snotted a raisin out my nose.

OUCH!

The worst of it being that I couldn't stop laughing at that point b/c a trip report had nearly caused me to choke for giggles.

THAT is some amazing writing/picture taking.

for serious.

I won't tell you what happened to the snotted raisin...unless you want to know.

it fell on the floor.

then my dog ate it.

and my nose is bleeding.

good times.

:rotfl2:

love it!:thumbsup2

Great review of CA Grill. That sushi looked delicious. Why is everyone reviewing sushi today, I am sooo hungry for it right now. But, there's always lunch tomorrow. ;)

Jason looked very James Bondish with his drink. Hopefully it was shaken, not stirred. :rotfl2:

And finally add me to the club that's happy you thought everyone was 40. :goodvibes

Oh Campbell ... I've missed you! :hug: :rotfl2:

And I hope you're recovered now! :goodvibes

Yes thank you! I'm recovered sufficiently...nose stopped bleeding. My dog is following me around rather closely...like I might snot something else out my nose. A human vending machine for dogs if you will.

hopefully I will NEVER again deliver a treat to my dog by way of snotting it out my nose.

because that is called YUCK.::yes::

I had forgotten how dang funny y'all are!!! Those pictures of the birthday hat making its way around the table...:rotfl2: I can't WAIT to try the Tequila Cave. Seriously...the original "margarita" stand has truly disappointed me over the years. The margaritas taste of ice and alcohol...which I suppose gets the job done...but the proverbial "It tastes like burning" comes to mind every single time I indulge! ick.

Fabulous writing Bendy!!!! Loving it and can't wait to read the rest!!!

:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter