• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Photographing Pets

My "baby", Charlotte - doing what she loves best - leaning her head on my lap - "Pleeeeeeeease pet me..."
100_0029.jpg

and not quite so close......

100_0026.jpg

;)

Sorry they are so big....

JR6ooo4 said:
and it was picked for "photo of the day" by kodak and was on the Kodak times square billboard:
11688453-M.jpg

Hope you like them
Mikeeee

How long have you been taking photo's? Did you ever take any classes for it or is it all "self taught"? Mines all been self taught. My pics from 10 years ago are embarrassing! The backgrounds alone.........I should scan them and crop and clone,lol. That is a cute pic. What kind of dogs are they?

I can't believe how good all of your pics are! Some are cute and some are funny,lol.

Jeninpa said:
How long have you been taking photo's? Did you ever take any classes for it or is it all "self taught"? Mines all been self taught. My pics from 10 years ago are embarrassing! The backgrounds alone.........I should scan them and crop and clone,lol. That is a cute pic. What kind of dogs are they?

I can't believe how good all of your pics are! Some are cute and some are funny,lol.

Just practice and reading. Much reading at www.dpreview.com on their forums. They are sorted by camera model or manufacturere so you can get realy accurate and detailed info to help with learning. But the dis photography forum has widened my eyes. Like that Disney co. shot from the top of a garbage can, WOW! (sorry I can't remember who shot it, translated into too tired to scroll the low light pics thread)
I started with a minolta x700 film camera maybe 8 years ago. Ran that for a while then got a Sony 717. I have had the Rebel for less than a year.

Digital is great for learning. Just keep trying every setting. I always shoot what I think to be the right settings then try another shot more or less exposed. More or less DOF etc...
The key to a good gallery is.... Only post the good pics, heheheheee
Just like sculpting, simply carve away everthing that does not look like an elephant.
Mikeeee
and thanks for the comments Jenn

Ok the pic deserved a shout
It was by pea-n-me
here is the link, page 10 post 140. Just awesome exposure and not bad garbage can cleaning either!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1186626&page=10&pp=15

Mikeeee

But the times square shot was from a volunteer from dpreview who was local. I am northwest of chicago and would not have had the financing to go to new york to just take a picture. The color is nice because it was a cloudy day and I love the compositon which included the bustling street.

Mikeee and volunteer

Figments Pal said:
Here's my Shade! She may act like a toughie...

...but she's really quite sweet.

IMG_0755a.jpg

OMG - does your dog not look very much like our PRINCESS?
She's a "Weimador" - Weimeraner & Lab
Pets-Princess.jpg

JR6ooo4 said:
Ok you got me started...

later I snapped this shot:
10292367-L.jpg

Hope you like them
Mikeeee

Your pups are very sweet... I can see why you were happy about getting home one day early to see them. When we go away - which is not often living here... everyone comes to see us.... leaving all the animals behind is that hardest part!

The sunglass pic is definitely A++++

This was taken in Freeport, Bahamas. One of these mother/daughter dolphins, named Kayla (one of our dogs' names which is how I remembered it ;) ), was the dolphin in the movie, Zeus and Roxanne. :sunny:

DisPhotos006.jpg

makinorlando said:
Your pups are very sweet... I can see why you were happy about getting home one day early to see them.

Thanks everyone!

They are called doggles.

we are very lucky to have Q (and fred) she is one in a million. People pull off the road to say how cute she is...

Mikeeee

Here's Sheba, a husky-shepherd mix:
Sheba.jpg

And Charlie, a lab-?? mix:
ae807f59.jpg

This is my dog Jasmine. We just got another puppy two weeks ago, but I don't have a good one of her yet. And I have a cat, but she is about as unphotogenic as they come.

Photo027.jpg

Cool Mickey 2000,
Did you shop that photo onto the monitor or do LCDs photograph that well?

My sil has one of those types dogs but hers is all buggeyed. Goofy cute, not normal cute like yours.
MIkeeee

Here's a photo of my 5 1/2 month old Standard Poodle puppy Darci that I took today for my DD's first day of school:

Darci2.jpg

Here's Sebastian when he was a baby:

kitten2.jpg

Here are Sebastian and Sydney (who died about 3 years ago :guilty: ). They aren't "blood brothers," but looked like it!

cats2.jpg

And Sebastian now:

sebastian5.jpg

I don't have any good pictures of our other cat, Chloe. She's a dark tortie and not always very photogenic. :p

mickey2000 said:

Is this a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel? I think these dogs are absolutely adorable! I unfortunately had to put my 17 year old Lhasa Apso down in January. :guilty: But when the time comes to get a puppy, we're highly considering a KCCS...they are just too cute!

Here's a picture of my little guy, Coco. Please excuse the poor quality of the photo, it was taken with my camera phone, but I just had to show him off.

My friend's dogs, Harold and Texas Weiner. These two dogs have more personality than many people I've come across!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter