PAST--RiddleCon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone! I'm VERY familiar with the Sandusky area and would be very willing to help plan anything. Also if a hotel needs to be checked out, I could do that as well. Don't want any of my friends staying in a dump! ;)

Here's another site to check hotel $ Sandusky/Erie County Lodging

Most of the hotels on Route 250 are fairly new or remodeled recently. This area is really growing.

Norwalk is a pretty far drive from CP and you'd be traveling mostly on twol ane highways I believe.

Campers-the campground is RIGHT on property. No tents allowed. They put in a new pool last year, I believe.

More prices from their websites.

Hotel Breakers (old section, no elevator - not sure of the significance of this) 2 doubles. $150.

Breakers Express 2 queen size - $149 and $154.

Wow! The rates really jump for the weekend, no matter which hotel you look at! The Comfort Inn Main Gate with AAA discount is $193.00 Saturday night! :eek: It's less expensive to stay on site!

If you can't get good rate at Cp hotels try calling some in the area off the casway you might get lucky. I'll be coming up for day will have season pass or get ticket from Hubby's union. I may stay with rents Fri night.

I just looked at the Days Inn. That looks pretty good. I have stayed in Days Inns before and I would think that unless it was in a terrible part of town, it would be ok.

Maybe Pembo could check it out for us.

FYI. We were going to incorporate a trip to the Football Hall of Fame into this trip. I just looked into it and the Induction ceremonies for this year's inductees is August 3 and the Hall of Fame game is August 4. So, this may not be the best weekend to go there. Oh well, we will have to find somewhere else to go.

I am looking through my Entertainment book right now, and it looks like there are some pretty good discounts at a lot of hotels. I will have to check this out over the next couple of days.

Just noticed that some of the hotels listed in the Sandusky area do not have the discount rate over the weekend. I'll see if they offer anything else decent.

Well count us in!

Which days will you be coming?
Since this is a major trip for us - I plan to travel there on Wednesday July30th and leave on Sunday 8/3. This gives me and my family a day in the park before the riddlers all arrive. If I go cheaper on the hotel... might even move the arrival date up one full day. Just have to see what I choose for the hotel.

How many will be coming in your party. If kids are coming, how old are they?
There will be three of us. DH, myself, and DD who will be 11 then.

If you are staying over, where will you stay? Do you want to try to get a group rate somewhere?
Seriously toying with staying at the Hotel Breakers - just for the convience and ambience... but second choice is the Breakers Express. I guess I don't really have an idea of how far from the park the Breakers express is - could someone who knows please tell me? I HATE having to drive all over the place when I am vacationing.

Are you interested in attending a group lunch/dinner? Which day/meal would work best for you?
YES!!! Preferably lunch or dinner and I think Saturday would be the best day - as it sounds like everyone will be there then.

Will you need to purchase park passes? Do you want to try to get a group price on them?
We will need park passes too... but since we are planning to arrive earlier I don't know if we could participate effectively in a group deal... or whether we would be better off to just purchase our own.

I am REALLY looking forward to this.... so many wonderful people are planning to be there. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hey Dan and Saffron... Bullseye_girl is delighted that she finally get's to meet you two. :)

Laura - the Breaker's Express is located at the end of a Causeway, and it's as close as you can get to CP without staying on the peninsula (less than 5 minutes away). The Express is MORE expensive than the Breakers by a few dollars, so if you're willing to pay ~$150 a night, stay at Hotel Breakers.

But if you'd like to pay less than half that and are willing to drive 15 minutes or so, check out the Days Inn link in my previous post.

Does anyone know if Hotel Breakers has any AAA discounts?

Gosh I can't believe all the COOL DISers that are saying yes!! This is going to be awesome or like Bernie says GRRRREAT!!!:jester:

Kitty - there were no AAA discounts last year when I called. The only savings are with group rates or packages - and we're visitng at the wrong time for a package.

My hubby and I will be coming. My Parents, brother, and his 2 tykes may come/join us.

Nancy,
The Days Inn looks like a fantastic deal. I did a search on Expedia and the Days Inn rate was the cheapest by far. The hotel is only a few miles (maybe 2?) from Cedar Point. I think we might be going with this one. I wonder if you book it through Expedia now - can you pay for it when you check in or do you have to pay when it is booked?

Personally - I would book it directly from the Days Inn site. Expedia sometimes assesses cancellation fees, and I THINK they make you pay for it at the time of booking.

**REMEMBER - if you reserve a room at one of the official Cedar Point hotels and then cancel - you'll pay a $25 cancellation fee.

Thanks Nancy.

I wonder how many (rooms) they would consider for a Group rate at Breakers? :smooth: :bounce:

Wow .....you guys are finding out a lot of information about the hotels. When anyone decides which one is the best deal let me know & I'll call & book our room:D Thanks!!!
I am so excited about this meet!!!!

I sent a PM to Pembo to ask her to check out the Days Inn. If it looks good, why don't we try to get a group rate there, or at least have a bunch of us stay there together. Heck, if a bunch of us are there, it would be fun even if it was a dump.

The Days Inn is certainly more in my price range! We have to take into account the exchange rate, so the lower the better! I'd like to know if there's a group rate too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter