PAST--RiddleCon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOO HOO!
Just talked to DH and he said Yep, we'll be there!! :bounce: :bounce:
Gonna try to get one of my SIL's to babysit, so it will be just me & DH.
I'm so excited!! :bounce: :bounce:

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!

This is looking like it is going to be a GREAT time! :)

I've been checking cedarpoint.com, but it has been down all down. I'll keep looking though.

Did I mention that I think it is GREAT that you all are coming?

Really GREAT! :)

(I feel even better about this 60 seconds later!)

Really, really GREAT!

wondering how long of a drive this is from Chicago.....
Its a busy summer but I never say never, will run this past the Mrs. :D

I have been pricing rooms at the local Sandusky motels. I had no idea of the prices. When it is back up, I will check Breakers Express. If it is $300 a night, that may be too much for us. Would anyone want to get a block of rooms off property? Many of them said there was a discount for more than nine rooms. If there is interest, I can look into that.

Carol,
I would be interested in a room off property as well. We don't need anything fancy, especially since we won't be spending much time in the room anyway.

Laura

In case anyone is interested here is the site for the Lighhouse Point Campground area with the cabins and cottages. It is on Cedar Point and there are package deals, that calculate out, are a great deal!

There is a map on there that shows you where the cottages and cabins are located. It appears that cabins are right near the front entrance on a little "lake" and the cottages are actually facing Lake Erie.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/trips/resorts/lhp/lhp.cfm

On second though - last night I didn't check availability and YIKES!!!! It's expensive. Might check out something else also but I might break down and do it anyway!!!!!

The packages for the cabins right now are $561 for 2 nights. The cottages are same.

I'll get back to you on rooms!!!

The web site is up and I called the reservations number - but they are closed for the weekend. :( They'll be open again Monday and I'll call then.

Carol - I'm interested in seeing what rates you can come with! :)

Chris - I see that they've updated the packages page - I'm going to have to study those! :)

I see you've posted again! LOL! I'm looking at the Breakers Express package, but it looks like it is good for only Sunday and Monday nights... :(

Scott, my friend, sorry - we've picked the weekend of 8/2 for this.

I'm sorry....:(

I am sitting here looking at different hotels in the area and this site might be helpful to some of you. Unforunately between Toledo and Cleveland there is not an abundance of hotels.

If you like to camp and don't mind driving over to Cedar Point (roughly about 15 minutes) there is a Rent-A-Tent program and Maumee Bay State Park that dd and I stayed at 5 years ago and it was actually pretty nice. Was like $26 a night (but I'm sure it's gone up). Was a wooden sided "cabin" with a canvas roof.

But anyway - here is the site I found -

http://www.rutahotels.com/

I'm still not ruling out staying at Lighthouse Point but I'm exploring my options and I've found some good ones!

Originally posted by Dan Murphy
Scott, change your summer. :teeth:

Well, Dan, it looks like you get your wish. I thought there was a horse show on that weekend. My youngest DD (the horse rider and avid roller coaster rider) informed me otherwise. So, ok, count us in!!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

So, where we staying? Anyone figure that out yet??

These are the standard rates for the Best Western in Norwalk, Ohio which is 15.3 miles (according to www.mapblast.com, it's 25 minute south) from Cedar Point Park. :) There are AAA, Best Western Gold Crown Club (free club) and Sr. rates available that drop the rates for a standard room to $65.00 a night and suite rates to $98.96 a night. :) Continental breakfast is included in the price. :)

Ack! I just checked. These rates are for Thursday night. They almost double for Friday and Saturday night.

These rates are from www.bestwestern.com:

Daily Rate: (per room) * 84.95 United States Dollars
Room Description:
1 KING BED* CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
Rate Plan Description:
STANDARD RATE*THIS RATE IS AVAILABLE TO ALL TRAVELERS.
Cancellation Policy:
Cancel 24 hours prior to arrival.
Additional Information:
CANCEL DEADLINE: CANCEL 24 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.; GUARANTEE REQUIRED

*Daily Rate will change during your length of stay. Once you click on "Select Rate" the rate details will be shown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Rate: (per room) * 79.95 United States Dollars
Room Description:
2 DOUBLE BEDS* CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
Rate Plan Description:
Cancellation Policy:
Additional Information:

*Daily Rate will change during your length of stay. Once you click on "Select Rate" the rate details will be shown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Rate: (per room) * 109.95 United States Dollars
Room Description:
SUITE-1 KING BED* WHIRLPOOL,MICROWAVE,REFRIGERATOR,CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
Rate Plan Description:
Cancellation Policy:
Additional Information:

Scott! HOORAY! :)

Good find on that BW, Maggie!

We are considering bringing our popup along and staying at Campers Village at the park! Any other campers coming?

Ellen!! Can Patrick come out and play? :p

Bunchkin - it looks like the campground/cabins are right outside the park...Here is a (very) big map...

Chris - I'm sure you'll find some pretty dedicated coaster riders there! My 14 YO DD likes them, so do I and my DW! We'll have a BLAST! :)

I checked out all of the Sandusky area motels listed in the link from Fire that you posted. I was looking for 2 double beds for 2 adults and 2 kids. The farthest was 5 miles from Cedar Point. The price range was $87.96 at the Ramada Inn (no breakfast included) to $134.95 at the Comfort Inn Main Gate (extensive continetal breakfast and less than a mile from the park). These prices were for 1 night, before tax. There were 3 other motels with prices in between. This is also before checking into group rates, for which we would need nine rooms.

I will look into Breakers Express if that site is up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter