Paradise Pier Superthread

We had no problem with the elevators in December when the PPH was sold out. I will say though that we were on one of the upper floors, and I do think that helps.

I am hoping to have an upper floor, we'll see. We're staying Concierge Level with an Upper Theme Park View or whatever so I hope that means we'll be on the higher levels. I'm still very excited for our stay .. only two more days!

I like PPH its very neatly themed and well taken care of but GCH is overall best hotel imo but most expensive. the DLH is the most nostalgic of the three!

I have searched every term I can think of.

I have Club Level Premium View booked for 2 nights , but might doing a split to GCH then back to PPH CL last few nights. However only "standard view" club level is available. I know it says parking lot view but thought I read somewhere there were pool view or poolside rooms too.

Does anyone know who has stayed standard club level at PPH what views I may have ? I'm still considering keeping it because of the club level access alone and it's cheaper with access than the DLH view room.

Thanks in advance.

The pool is on the roof so no poolside view. Half the hotel faces DCA/ GCH and the other side is parking lot, street view. So you have street/ GCH view unless you are high enough up to see DCA on the correct side of the building. The DCA view was my kids favorite of all our disney hotel stays. I loved GCH, but it was darker and smaller than our PPH room. They always ask to go back to PPH. DH has great headboards and pool, but is further from parks. If we actually used the pools more, they might prefer that one.

The pool is on the roof so no poolside view. Half the hotel faces DCA/ GCH and the other side is parking lot, street view. So you have street/ GCH view unless you are high enough up to see DCA on the correct side of the building. The DCA view was my kids favorite of all our disney hotel stays. I loved GCH, but it was darker and smaller than our PPH room. They always ask to go back to PPH. DH has great headboards and pool, but is further from parks. If we actually used the pools more, they might prefer that one.

The pool is on the 3rd floor so there are rooms that have a poolside view, we had one in August.

At Paradise pier? Are there two pools? I know we only used the pool once, but I could have sworn it was on the roof. Guess my memory is shot already, time to go again I guess. Lol

From pictures looks like one pool, one kiddie pool and the waterslide! Can't wait to go.

Has anyone done the Beachside bbq buffet?

Wondering how it is.

From pictures looks like one pool, one kiddie pool and the waterslide! Can't wait to go.

Has anyone done the Beachside bbq buffet?

Wondering how it is.

We did in when we were there in August and all of us really enjoyed it. We had a later reservation, at 7:30, but the buffet was full and the food was fresh. As far as I think, it is the best value of any of the buffets but if characters are important, just know that there are no characters at this dinner.

We're going to be there in 3 days! I am super excited and really jazzed because I've never stayed onsite. Beyond the elevators, the room choices, and how to get to the parks (all covered already) is there anything we should know or ask for during our stay?

When I booked, I wasn't given the option of a Concierge Theme Park View room, otherwise I would have booked it. :(

We only had a couple options I believe - perhaps due to the fact we had a package.

We're going to be there in 3 days! I am super excited and really jazzed because I've never stayed onsite. Beyond the elevators, the room choices, and how to get to the parks (all covered already) is there anything we should know or ask for during our stay?

We only had a couple options I believe - perhaps due to the fact we had a package.

I would ask about the hotel-specific activities going on during your stay. For example, sometimes one of the 3 Disney hotels will offer a tour or activity to guests at any of the 3 hotels, so even if you're not staying at the GCH you might be able to take part in one of their onsite guest activities because you're staying at PPH. For instance, during the holiday season there is an ornament workshop at the GCH that I believe is available to any guest at any of the 3 hotels. The PPH CMs at the Guest/Info desk will have the info about any activities that are available for you at any of the 3 hotels.

I am hoping to have an upper floor, we'll see. We're staying Concierge Level with an Upper Theme Park View or whatever so I hope that means we'll be on the higher levels. I'm still very excited for our stay .. only two more days!

I would love to hear back how you enjoyed everything ! We have this booked for part of our stay in December :)

I would ask about the hotel-specific activities going on during your stay. For example, sometimes one of the 3 Disney hotels will offer a tour or activity to guests at any of the 3 hotels, so even if you're not staying at the GCH you might be able to take part in one of their onsite guest activities because you're staying at PPH. For instance, during the holiday season there is an ornament workshop at the GCH that I believe is available to any guest at any of the 3 hotels. The PPH CMs at the Guest/Info desk will have the info about any activities that are available for you at any of the 3 hotels.

I had no idea about the possible ornament workshop so may have to check about that during our stay if it's going on. I agree with the activities it's always best to ask they offer some neat things !
Also Carthay Circle offers a tour at 10:15 or 10:30am daily I believe before it opens that is free. We've never done it but plan to in December if you're into that kind of thing :)

I would love to hear back how you enjoyed everything ! We have this booked for part of our stay in December :)

I had no idea about the possible ornament workshop so may have to check about that during our stay if it's going on. I agree with the activities it's always best to ask they offer some neat things !
Also Carthay Circle offers a tour at 10:15 or 10:30am daily I believe before it opens that is free. We've never done it but plan to in December if you're into that kind of thing :)

For at least a few consecutive years, the GCH was doing an ornament workshop on specific days during the holidays, but I think it was available to all onsite guests at any of the 3 hotels. Also ask about the Merriest Holiday Hunt (which I have not yet done), which is apparently available for all onsite guests.

I did the Carthay Circle tour a couple of years ago and it was well worth the short time it took, especially because it was free. I love a free tour! Are they still doing that tour?

Just a heads up on the pool at PPH...we were just there last week and the water slide and kiddie pool were closed due to construction on the slide. I don't think I saw this closure listed anywhere, but it didn't affect us too much. Just something to be aware of!

For at least a few consecutive years, the GCH was doing an ornament workshop on specific days during the holidays, but I think it was available to all onsite guests at any of the 3 hotels. Also ask about the Merriest Holiday Hunt (which I have not yet done), which is apparently available for all onsite guests.

I did the Carthay Circle tour a couple of years ago and it was well worth the short time it took, especially because it was free. Are they still doing that tour?

Last time we stayed on site/ did rope drop for DCA I saw the signs up..maybe earlier this year ? So I hope they are :)

At Paradise pier? Are there two pools? I know we only used the pool once, but I could have sworn it was on the roof. Guess my memory is shot already, time to go again I guess. Lol
You aren't losing your mind! I believe it is on the roof of the PARKING GARAGE that connects to the hotel - which has many more floors than the garage.

Someone mentioned there is a shortcut to the parks?
Could someone share that info please?

Hi rstamm, page 18 of this thread has a map, and several other people have posted turn by turn directions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter