oxygen question

fanningIII

Mouseketeer
Going to disney in feb. My father is currently on Oxygen. I am looking for advise or suggestions from anyone who has experience disney with a family member on oxygen. I am a respiratory therapist, so I am very comfortable with the oxygen itself, but should I have any concerns in the parks. Does anyone know if they have extra oxygen cylinders if something should happen to his.

I don't think they have oxygen in the parks or at the hotel unless you have arranged for it to be delivered to your resort or you have an emergency that they have called 911 for in the parks.
Maybe someone else knows for sure.

I called First Aid at MK (Its a local call) and asked them. They said that if you bring spare tanks with you they will store them for you. If you just miscalculated they have oxygen at the First Aid stations and there are also the paramedics.

get a written rx for the o2. Then have the tele# of the local o2 company handy. Just incase you really need it. If he's on it round the clock, consider having a standard tank delivered to the room for night use etc. Just take the travel one's out. To do this, fax the written rx ahead of time and make arrangments in advance.
Good luck and do whats right for you.
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Cheshire Figment said:
I called First Aid at MK (Its a local call) and asked them. They said that if you bring spare tanks with you they will store them for you. If you just miscalculated they have oxygen at the First Aid stations and there are also the paramedics.
Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate that you would go the extra step. It is nice to know that they will store the tanks. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter