Out of hospital and THANKS **Updates Post #63, #109, #136, #158**

Hi Dan, thanks for the update, we are all concerned! While unsettling to have these occurences, you are with each, getting closer to managing this and getting back to your normal routine :goodvibes
You attitude is tops and I am a FIRM BELIEVER in that as the #1 medicine!
Glad you have your family near and dear, and keep up the great recovery.

Pam

Time for a bit more update. I just finished here now, a few days late, responding to the PM's and emails I received these past days. And Lynne, :wave2: your reply here seems to remind me that I still have a reply due you from one I parked some weeks back. :blush: I will.

Let's see, I got home late Thursday. (Seems like a week of Saturdays Sundays to both Marie and me, we are both confused on the days, LOL). Friday I was good, just a bit tired, seemingly from the Nadolol beta blocker they have me on, maintaining rhythm, lowering pulse some and lowering blood pressure some. As my BP normally is fine, it is a bit on the low side now I guess, making me a bit tired. Otherwise pretty good.

I did detect some transient irregular rhythm with another BP/pulse monitor I have that also will detect irregular if present. And last night, we went to Chili's for dinner, with Natalie, Ken, Jeremy and Katlyn (Vince was on shift :() Before and after dinner, I had Katlyn, (as mentioned in the past, she is herself an ER RN) feel my pulse and she could detect a bit of irregular also. I asked her if another :faint: ER visit would be appropriate. Playing safe, she said she thought so.

So, when we left, Marie and I went home to pick up a few things, Natalie went home to drop off Ken and Jeremy and Katlyn went back to her place to drop off her car, with Natalie picking her up to come to the hospital. Marie and I left our place and headed there too. It was so nice having Natalie and Katlyn there again too. And Katlyn's knowledge is nice to have available.

So I was back where I was back last Tuesday AM. :confused3 Super quick entry, just like before, EKG on in minutes and then into an ER room and hooked up to more wires, tubes, cuffs and whatever. After about two hours there of monitoring, a call to the cardiologist I had been working with this past week and their normal observations and all, they did say I was having transient SVT (I think that is what is was) irregular rhythm. Not necessarily dangerous, as was irregular beat (atrial flutter) I had last week, along with the pulse of 140. :scared1: The cardiologist does want me to call and come in tomorrow though to get fitted for a heart monitor I can wear for a week-10 days to get a record of my daily readings, normal activities, over an extended time.

So, there's an update, better than I was, pretty good actually, all said. Maybe a little fine tuning needed yet.

But worst so far is not coffee. :surfweb: Sure do miss that. :sad2:

And again, everyone, I really do appreciate all your concerns, and continued good wishes and prayers, here as well as email/PM. It really means a lot to me, really does.

Will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there while it is all sorted out.

Good thing you returned to the ER. I had a few days back in FL where I had to wear a Holter monitor. Not the most comfortable thing, but it's workable. The phone call (hang up call) in the middle of the night didn't help. :headache: Scared me half to death and had the heart racing. Hopefully, they will fine tune what you need very soon! :hug:

Dan, so sorry you had another ER visit, but as others have said,seems like the issue is getting fine tuned.

Prayer and good thoughts still going strong. We light a candle of healing each morning for you.

Take gentle care.
c6ea3b64.gif

Dan, How handy to have your own private nurse in the family!:thumbsup2

Good that she advised you to go back to the hospital. I will continue my prayers for you that things will get stabilized.

Take care, my friend!:)

TC:cool1:

Hi Dan

I had to give up tea, my favorite thing. Seems wrong to have to give up something that has no calories but there it is.

You might want to know that the glue that holds on the patches really messes up your bathtub and/or mat. I hope you are able to sleep with your monitor. It got a bit easier after the first week though.

It sounds as if you are in tune with your heart rhythm and able to tell when you are having an episode so that is a good thing. Some cannot.

I am glad you have so many good caretakers and that you are following their advice.

A heart as big as yours needs to be in good shape. It has a far piece to pump as tall as you are. :love:

SG/Linda and your EWP gals

Hi, Dan. So sorry for your medical troubles! I am not on the DIS every day and am just now catching up with this thread. I am sure all you need is fine tuning, so to speak, and you will be back to normal and able to go home to stay soon. Please keep us updated on how things are going - we're sending loads of pixie dust your way for a smooth and quick recovery!

Susan

Time for a bit more update. I just finished here now, a few days late, responding to the PM's and emails I received these past days. And Lynne, :wave2: your reply here seems to remind me that I still have a reply due you from one I parked some weeks back. :blush: I will.

Let's see, I got home late Thursday. (Seems like a week of Saturdays Sundays to both Marie and me, we are both confused on the days, LOL). Friday I was good, just a bit tired, seemingly from the Nadolol beta blocker they have me on, maintaining rhythm, lowering pulse some and lowering blood pressure some. As my BP normally is fine, it is a bit on the low side now I guess, making me a bit tired. Otherwise pretty good.

I did detect some transient irregular rhythm with another BP/pulse monitor I have that also will detect irregular if present. And last night, we went to Chili's for dinner, with Natalie, Ken, Jeremy and Katlyn (Vince was on shift :() Before and after dinner, I had Katlyn, (as mentioned in the past, she is herself an ER RN) feel my pulse and she could detect a bit of irregular also. I asked her if another :faint: ER visit would be appropriate. Playing safe, she said she thought so.

So, when we left, Marie and I went home to pick up a few things, Natalie went home to drop off Ken and Jeremy and Katlyn went back to her place to drop off her car, with Natalie picking her up to come to the hospital. Marie and I left our place and headed there too. It was so nice having Natalie and Katlyn there again too. And Katlyn's knowledge is nice to have available.

So I was back where I was back last Tuesday AM. :confused3 Super quick entry, just like before, EKG on in minutes and then into an ER room and hooked up to more wires, tubes, cuffs and whatever. After about two hours there of monitoring, a call to the cardiologist I had been working with this past week and their normal observations and all, they did say I was having transient SVT (I think that is what is was) irregular rhythm. Not necessarily dangerous, as was irregular beat (atrial flutter) I had last week, along with the pulse of 140. :scared1: The cardiologist does want me to call and come in tomorrow though to get fitted for a heart monitor I can wear for a week-10 days to get a record of my daily readings, normal activities, over an extended time.

So, there's an update, better than I was, pretty good actually, all said. Maybe a little fine tuning needed yet.

But worst so far is not coffee. :surfweb: Sure do miss that. :sad2:

And again, everyone, I really do appreciate all your concerns, and continued good wishes and prayers, here as well as email/PM. It really means a lot to me, really does.

Thanks for the update:hug:

Hope everything went well today getting fitted for the heart monitor and all, Dan. Just peeking in to see if there were any updates today, and hoping you're doing well. Keep up your good spirits! Thinking of you! :goodvibes

Just checking in to see how you are doing and let you know that I am thinking about you!

Hi Dan.. You're still my my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the update.

Dan, I'm late coming to this thread but hope everything is good. You are in our prayers and I hope you know how much everyone cares for you! :grouphug:

I'm sorry to hear you had to go back to the ER, but I'm glad they weren't worried about your heart flutters. I hope they get to the bottom of this ASAP so you can get some rest and get back into your normal routine. :hug:

Just checking in to see how you are doing today, Dan. Hopefully, you are feeling great! Please keep us updated. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way! :goodvibes

Well, here is a mid-week update.

I am feeling pretty well, though tire rather easily. Guess my big old body has been through a lot, LOL. I did get the monitor on Monday, have had it hooked up for two days now. It is very advanced technology, just came out late last year, a few months ago. Here is a link to the unit if anybody is interested.... http://www.ecardio.com/eVolution/index.htm It is about the size of a Blackberry, fits into a small leather case on my belt, like a phone or BB. It runs 24/7, wirelessly transmitting my EKG and pulse to the company in Texas. They analyze the data daily, send to my cardio doc daily. If I feel anything, out of breath, chest pain, etc, I can push a button on it to mark the read at that point. If they want to contact me, they can ring the unit and text me on it...call them, call 911 :scared1: call the doc, whatever. I am easily impressed by tech stuff like this. :cool1:

http://www.ecardio.com/

http://www.onemedplace.com/blog/archives/1364

I did visit some friends yesterday, living in a 3 story walkup apartment, no elevator. And felt pretty well. :yay: A bit tired, but certainly nothing like last week, ready to keel over after walking up 7 stairs in our home. :faint:

I think I will be wearing this unit for up to a month. I have a visit scheduled to my internist next Friday, and the cardio doc later in the month, assuming no out of the ordinary episodes in the interim.

So that is about it, waiting and seeing what the monitor tells them. It sure is easy to use, nothing for me to do but hang it on my belt, and so tiny. And again, thanks much for your continued good wishes, concern and prayers, really appreciated.

Thanks.

awesome news Dan...look at you all High tech and all.....glad you were able to visit your friend, and look at that vast imrovement!:thumbsup2 Keep doing what you're doing...taking great care of yourself!

Glad to see you checking in Dan.

It's amazing what they can do today. Take care of yourself and will keep you in our prayers.

Hope all turns out to be very good news.

Thanks for the update Dan! :thumbsup2 Pam and I are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. :hug:
Scott

Dan, Great to hear things are good, take care of yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter