OT: Oscar Exhibit

almostGoofy

Mouseketeer
If you are planning on being in the Hollywood area from now until March 3, you might be interested in the Oscar Exhibit at Hollywood and Highland. The Academy of Motion Pictures Art & Science has a special exhibit of the Oscars that will be handed out at the Academy Awards on March 5. Their website says you'll have the rare opportunity to hold an actual Oscar.

For more info you can go to the Academy website: http://www.oscars.org/78academyawards/meet_the_oscars/index.html

Hollywood and Highland is a shopping complex where the Kodak Theater, home of the Academy Awards, is housed. It's right next to Mann's Chinese Theater and across the street from Disney's/Pacific theater, the El Capitan.

BTW, the El Capitan is currently showing "Eight Below". Starting March 10, "The Shaggy Dog" starts with a pre-show of the Shaggy the Dog, live on stage.

Very cool! We plan to be in the Hollywood area on Monday, so this is something we will look for.
Thanks for the heads up! :goodvibes

My friend & I went to Hollywood a couple of weeks ago just for the heck of it, and saw the Oscar exhibit, as well as took a tour of Hollywood and one for the stars. It was a fun day, and it was cool to see the Oscars that will be presented. They had a photo set-up where people could go & hold an Oscar like they were giving a thank you speech and someone could take a picture. I was going to make my friend go up there so I could take her pic, but the line was a little long, and we didn't want to wait. I'll see if I can upload a couple of pics later.

Okay, here are some pics when my friend, Brenda, & I went to Hollywood.

Mann's Chinese Theater (used to be Sid Graumann's Chinese Theater)
11450IMG_0724-med.JPG

Brenda in front of Starline Tours where we got our tour passes
11450IMG_0726-med.JPG

I've lived in Los Angeles for #$ Years and never visited the Hollywood Bowl! I didn't even know where it was. :blush: Well, now I know.
11450IMG_0731-med.JPG

The tour we went on took us up through a neighborhood to a nice spot to take/get a pic of the Hollywood sign. People were posing with the sign over their heads.
11450IMG_0737-med.JPG

Brenda in front of our little tour trolley.
11450IMG_0739a.JPG

Driving past Capital Records (wasn't this blown up a couple of times in the movies?)
11450IMG_0745-med.JPG

Does this house look familiar? It belongs to Bob Newhart, but it's shown on a popular tv series. (Scroll from x to x to get the answer)
xIt is the house they show on Fresh Prince of Bel Air... and the house IS in Bel Air!x
11450IMG_0788a.JPG

Oscars on display
11450IMG_0795-med.JPG

11450IMG_0796a.JPG

11450IMG_0799-med.JPG

We did it yesterday! I'm so glad this was posted here or I wouldnt have known about it. :thumbsup2 Once I get all my pictures uploaded I will post one of us holding the Oscar. It was very cool...and they are heavy. I think the lady said 8 1/2 lbs.
A woman from the NY Times was there and took a picture of my kids holding it. She interviewed us a bit too. Now I have to check out the NY Times every day to see if they made it. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter