Online DAS Pre-Registration for After Hours?

tetera

Mouseketeer
I searched for this but didn't find an answer so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question- I know DAS can be used during After Hours (because we have done it!) but we have also had one other "regular" park day during those trips.

On our next trip we have scheduled only After Hours events - does anyone know if can we still pre-register for DAS online in advance or do we need to wait and do it in person when we are there?

I searched for this but didn't find an answer so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question- I know DAS can be used during After Hours (because we have done it!) but we have also had one other "regular" park day during those trips.

On our next trip we have scheduled only After Hours events - does anyone know if can we still pre-register for DAS online in advance or do we need to wait and do it in person when we are there?

Replying to myself here in case anyone has the same question: they did go ahead and let us do advance online registration for After Hours only events.

(ETA: We didn't even ask about pre-selections, though, because I remembered from a past registration that they don't do pre-selections for attractions for the "overlap" time on After Hours days when AH guests are allowed in for a few hours with day guests before the AH event officially begins.)

Replying to myself here in case anyone has the same question: they did go ahead and let us do advance online registration for After Hours only events.

(ETA: We didn't even ask about pre-selections, though, because I remembered from a past registration that they don't do pre-selections for attractions for the "overlap" time on After Hours days when AH guests are allowed in for a few hours with day guests before the AH event officially begins.)
Thank you! We are going August 10th. It will be nice to have pre-registration complete. So DAS works just for the three hours of overlap? Or does it also help during the party (10 p.m. to 1 a.m?)

Thank you! We are going August 10th. It will be nice to have pre-registration complete. So DAS works just for the three hours of overlap? Or does it also help during the party (10 p.m. to 1 a.m?)

The CM told us it should work for the whole time, including during the official After Hours event time (10PM-1AM) if necessary. (We have used DAS for After Hours events in the past but only ever needed to do so during the three hours of overlap as all of the attraction queues were low during the actual event, but that was at MK which has far more attractions than Epcot!)

The CM told us it should work for the whole time, including during the official After Hours event time (10PM-1AM) if necessary. (We have used DAS for After Hours events in the past but only ever needed to do so during the three hours of overlap as all of the attraction queues were low during the actual event, but that was at MK which has far more attractions than Epcot!)
Thank you!

Trying to do the same and was told we could register yesterday (Day 31 grrr)
Today it is just spinning.....
Tried multiple browsers but It will not take me to the chat

Trying to do the same and was told we could register yesterday (Day 31 grrr)
Today it is just spinning.....
Tried multiple browsers but It will not take me to the chat

Even though I usually use Safari or Firefox for the chat, both of them were doing what you are describing when we tried earlier this month; we ended up using Chrome instead and that worked.

Thanks I got it to work with Safari.

I had tried Chrome and Safari earlier with no luck though.

The good news was once I was in I waited less than 5 minutes to get it all taken care of.

Edit: I thought I clicked reply but apparently not just tagging @tetera and saying Thanks!

Since you’ve done it before, could you share any insight on how DAS during after hours works? Is it in the app, or do you need to go physically get a return time from a CM at the ride?

Since you’ve done it before, could you share any insight on how DAS during after hours works? Is it in the app, or do you need to go physically get a return time from a CM at the ride?

It still worked in the app until the official closing time of the park (9PM on the day we went), then nothing was available between 9PM and 10PM; and after 10PM it still showed wait times but wouldn't let us book anything- for the most part we didn't need to use it during the After Hours event at EPCOT, but at the few attractions where we did end up using it (Guardians of the Galaxy and Remy's Ratatouille Adventure) we just had to show the CMs the DAS tile on the app and they let us in through the Lightning Lane at that moment, no return time.

(The above is EPCOT-specific; we have had the DAS pass for MK After Hours events in the past and used the app during the "mix-in" time before the event officially started, but in our experience all of the queues were short enough at MK that we didn't find it necessary to use during After Hours there.)

I did a MK party but I think there is still the hour in between "close" and "After Hours" so it should work the same. All this was explained to me by CM day of and it worked exactly as they stated.

At park closing DAS tile on MDE will disappear. You can still go get a return time manually at the attraction if you are staying for the paid event. This helps prevent guests who did not pay for the event to get return times and then perhaps argue for staying. We got one time in person at Pirates.

At event start the tile will reappear and business as usual. It happened exactly as it was explained.

I did a MK party but I think there is still the hour in between "close" and "After Hours" so it should work the same. All this was explained to me by CM day of and it worked exactly as they stated.

At park closing DAS tile on MDE will disappear. You can still go get a return time manually at the attraction if you are staying for the paid event. This helps prevent guests who did not pay for the event to get return times and then perhaps argue for staying. We got one time in person at Pirates.

At event start the tile will reappear and business as usual. It happened exactly as it was explained.
Thanks! We’re considering going to Epcot’s and I’m a bit concerned about how my son would do with Guardians depending on the line length during AH, so this is very helpful to know.

Gonna chime is as I use DAS quite frequently, and have used it during MNSSHP..

So when you enter the park the DAS appears on the app and allows you to get in line for rides (assuming you are getting there at 4pm), but once it gets closer to 7pm, for when the party starts, its not going to work. I found that after the party has started a little, log out of the app and then log back in and DAS will again appear on your app ( I believe because its now checking to make sure you have a party pass on your account, reason for the relog). We were able to then use DAS as we would normally for the rides that would be open during the party.

Gonna chime is as I use DAS quite frequently, and have used it during MNSSHP..

So when you enter the park the DAS appears on the app and allows you to get in line for rides (assuming you are getting there at 4pm), but once it gets closer to 7pm, for when the party starts, its not going to work. I found that after the party has started a little, log out of the app and then log back in and DAS will again appear on your app ( I believe because its now checking to make sure you have a party pass on your account, reason for the relog). We were able to then use DAS as we would normally for the rides that would be open during the party.
So you have to completely log out of the app at 7 and back in or can you just close the app and reopen?

Thanks! We’re considering going to Epcot’s and I’m a bit concerned about how my son would do with Guardians depending on the line length during AH, so this is very helpful to know.
Just know that Guardians requires you to join the virtual queue to ride. Once your boarding group is called, you can go directly to the CM at the entrance and show the DAS.

Just know that Guardians requires you to join the virtual queue to ride. Once your boarding group is called, you can go directly to the CM at the entrance and show the DAS.

We didn't have to (and weren't able to) join a VQ for the Epcot After Hours event; I know this is different for EEH, but assuming this is a question specifically about riding Cosmic Rewind during the Epcot After Hours, the queue was about 75 minutes long just after 10PM (when the event officially began) and we walked up, told the CM we had a DAS rider, and the CM just asked to see the DAS tile on the app, then let us in the LL - same thing at Ratatouille.

If you wanted to ride GotG: Cosmic Rewind during the "mix-in" hours before the After Hours event officially began, then yes, you would need the VQ during that time. (Highly recommend waiting until the After Hours event, though - we rode Cosmic Rewind on a "regular" day last year and even though we had the VQ boarding group return time and were allowed to go through the LL, the wait was pretty rough - since only DAS users use the LL during the After Hours events it was way more doable!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter