Online DAS Pre-Registration for After Hours?

Since you’ve done it before, could you share any insight on how DAS during after hours works? Is it in the app, or do you need to go physically get a return time from a CM at the ride?
How it worked for us, is since there are no wait times in the app, you can't get a return time. There is a DAS tile that shows when you tap on the three lines in the app. Show this to the CM at the Lightening Lane. They will grant you access immediately to the LL. No return time needed. This is just during the event hours. During the crossover period it works like normal. We did the Epcot After hours event 8/3

Gonna chime is as I use DAS quite frequently, and have used it during MNSSHP..

So when you enter the park the DAS appears on the app and allows you to get in line for rides (assuming you are getting there at 4pm), but once it gets closer to 7pm, for when the party starts, its not going to work. I found that after the party has started a little, log out of the app and then log back in and DAS will again appear on your app ( I believe because its now checking to make sure you have a party pass on your account, reason for the relog). We were able to then use DAS as we would normally for the rides that would be open during the party.

We did try just closing the app and reopening it but we did end up having to log out and log back in when attending the MNSSHP on Friday 8/18

How it worked for us, is since there are no wait times in the app, you can't get a return time. There is a DAS tile that shows when you tap on the three lines in the app. Show this to the CM at the Lightening Lane. They will grant you access immediately to the LL. No return time needed. This is just during the event hours. During the crossover period it works like normal. We did the Epcot After hours event 8/3
We were able to use the DAS Tile after 7 when the MNSSHP started.
Between 6-7 when the park was "closed" we went to the attraction and they needed the DAS Holder to scan to get a return time. As @CeCe0906 the return time was immediate.

Lines overall were not bad but we didn't realize the train would be closed at 6. I know there is a list of rides that were going to be open but I blanked out and forgot to check on that one.

So you have to completely log out of the app at 7 and back in or can you just close the app and reopen?
I did not have to log out of MDE. The tile just disappeared in that time gap between park closing and party start. Then it just reappeared.

In that hour I had to go to the attraction and manually request a return time. They did it on their device.

Last edited:
Since you’ve done it before, could you share any insight on how DAS during after hours works? Is it in the app, or do you need to go physically get a return time from a CM at the ride?
we needed two go physically to the ride during a halloween party in August, the app will only show rides at the other parks that are open.

edit: had know idea the tile worked again after 7 for others, I must have tried to use during 6-7 period.

Last edited:
I did not have to log out of MDE. The tile just disappeared in that time gap between park closing and party start. They it just reappeared. In that hour I had to go to the attraction and manually request a return time. They did it on their device.
What can I say technology is not my friend!! :)

They scanned DS magic band on their iPad and then were able to access it.

we needed two go physically to the ride during a halloween party in August, the app will only show rides at the other parks that are open.
Yup that is what happened for us on Friday.

Edit - Only between 6-7, 4-6 DAS worked as normal.

Last edited:
Gonna chime is as I use DAS quite frequently, and have used it during MNSSHP..

So when you enter the park the DAS appears on the app and allows you to get in line for rides (assuming you are getting there at 4pm), but once it gets closer to 7pm, for when the party starts, its not going to work. I found that after the party has started a little, log out of the app and then log back in and DAS will again appear on your app ( I believe because its now checking to make sure you have a party pass on your account, reason for the relog). We were able to then use DAS as we would normally for the rides that would be open during the party.
Great information about logging out and then back in so it would work for after hours. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter