• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One week in 1-bedroom Value Villa at AKV-Jambo. Heavenly.

This is interesting to know. I did not think you could make any requests. How does the email link to DVC work? Where do you find it on the website? Do they respond to your email so you know they added the request? My DH and I are staying in a value studio a few nights before Christmas. We have always gotten pool view, which is fine with us. But I'd like to try for savanna. We had a reclassified standard in the fall and loved it. I realize a request is not a guarantee though.

ETA: Never mind, I figured out how to email MS. Thanks for the information though!
I have always gotten a response from DVC saying the have added my request to the reservation.

I have always gotten a response from DVC saying the have added my request to the reservation.
Got a response today saying my request has been noted. Thanks for the information. I do have a question about your original post. You mentioned there are 4 savanna view and 1 pool view. I assume you are referring to 1-BRs. But aren't there 4 of each? Pretty sure this applies to studios, too (4 savanna and 4 pool). Am I wrong?

Got a response today saying my request has been noted. Thanks for the information. I do have a question about your original post. You mentioned there are 4 savanna view and 1 pool view. I assume you are referring to 1-BRs. But aren't there 4 of each? Pretty sure this applies to studios, too (4 savanna and 4 pool). Am I wrong?
We have had 4 stays in a value room, 3 studios and 1 one-bedroom. Out of the 4 request we have always gotten an even numbered room, 3 savanna and 1 pool. There are a total of 8 studios and 4 one bedrooms with a savanna view, 8 studios and 4 one bedrooms with a pool room and 2 studios and 2 one bedrooms with a parking lot view. Then even numbered rooms are either savanna or pool and odd is parking lot.

We have had 4 stays in a value room, 3 studios and 1 one-bedroom. Out of the 4 request we have always gotten an even numbered room, 3 savanna and 1 pool. There are a total of 8 studios and 4 one bedrooms with a savanna view, 8 studios and 4 one bedrooms with a pool room and 2 studios and 2 one bedrooms with a parking lot view. Then even numbered rooms are either savanna or pool and odd is parking lot.
Totally understand now. I was thinking you were saying that's how many total rooms there are, not how many you have gotten. We have always gotten pool view--several trips in a studio and one stay in a 2-BR. I'm totally fine with pool view. But after staying in a reclassified standard last fall, I would also enjoy a savanna view.

Hi Marypoppins14,

I'm happy you had a wonderful time and you must have had an amazing bonding experience. Yes? One of my favorite things to do at AKL is to spend time talking to the African employees working through the cultural exchange program. Did you spend much time talking to them? On my last trip I spent a a lot of time talking with a member of the Zulu tribe. He was so intelligent and I really had a great time learning about him and his culture. He must have thought I was weird. (You have to realize I grew up watching Tarzan)

How do you make reservations for the surfing at Typhoon Lagoon? Was getting the reservation difficult? What time does it start? How many people were in your session? I presume you drove over in the morning or does the bus transportation start early enough?

Hello! So sorry for the late reply - I have not been receiving notifications for this thread.
Yes, I enjoy chatting it up, with the various cultural representatives. Part of the immersive experience! Love it.
The reservation for surfing was fairly simple. Just called the number listed. I don't remember how many people signed up, but it was a small group. I drove a car rental, or you could use Uber or something similar. I don't know about bus transportation -- it was very early (I believe 6 AM?) Sorry, my memory had faded...
Have a great time!

Your post is really making me want to go.......:guilty:

So funny!

I loved it so much, that I recently booked another 5-night stay in a one bedroom value. At first, I could only secure 3 nights, but I added a waitlist for the remaining two, and it came through. (Really need to add on some more points). I'm fine with any view. Just love this incredible resort. Plan to take another surfing lesson, as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter