One time use points increased to $19

Wow. Thanks for letting us know. We just added a new contract so hopefully we don't need any OTUP in the near future.

Glad I just bought the ones I needed for our April Trip. These are jumping up in price pretty quickly, and I'm pretty sure they've made a $2/per point jump each time. $15, $17, and now $19. We've bought OTUP several times in the past to add an extra day to our trip or let us switch to a resort on the monorail loop. Not a big deal if you just need a few points, but we usually go pretty close to the max of 24 points. Might not be getting as many or any moving forward.

Well, Disney has essentially set the price for RENTAL points at $19. Does this mean rentals from the commercial brokers will soon follow, and rise to $19 a point? I bet it does. And I bet that by spring, rental brokers might even be charging $20 a point.

• Rates are subject to change, but currently Members enjoy a rate of $19 per one-time-use Vacation Point including taxes. That's $16.89 per one-time-use Vacation Point plus $1.89 tax (6.5%) plus $1.01 resort tax (6%).
Doesn't add up. Looks like the $1.89 tax is incorrect as $16.89 x .065 = 1.09785, or $1.10 rounded.
$16.89 + 1.10 + 1.01 = $19.00

I just went on yesterday looking to grab an extra night. I was expecting it to be $17pp but was surprised by the increase. Makes you want to just buy more points vs using the OTU points. For that cost of a SSR studio I just decided to book a POR room.

Wow. That was a quick increase. Didn't they go from $15 to $17 less than a year ago?
I bet this indicates another direct price per point increase is coming soon as well.

To be honest, OTU points at $15 was an absolute bargain and at $17 was still as much as rental companies charge, so still a no brainer. There was a clear space for a further increase, I wouldn't necessarily expect a direct price increase because of this (a part from the fact that a price increase will come anyway when Riviera will go on sale/in preparation of)

To be honest, OTU points at $15 was an absolute bargain and at $17 was still as much as rental companies charge, so still a no brainer. There was a clear space for a further increase, I wouldn't necessarily expect a direct price increase because of this (a part from the fact that a price increase will come anyway when Riviera will go on sale/in preparation of)

Yeah I would say that Riviera will play the larger role in the price increase, but this is an indicator. OTU is related to rental price, which is related to resale price, which can then be related to direct prices. If people are willing to pay more for the first three, then Disney can justify charging more for direct. And if they've ever been able to justify charging more for anything, they take advantage of it.

The one thing that is really weighing on my mind is the fact that I feel so strongly that in the future there will be a charge for fast passes. The need to pay to just be able to get on the major rides without much wait will really cut down on the number of trips to the parks we make. I believe in this so much that I am just going to hold off and make sure that I want to get more points, as to where before I was 100% certain I wanted another small contract.

I think after our trip next May we will only use DVC for rooms. No parks unless my DD decides to take our grand children again.

The one thing that is really weighing on my mind is the fact that I feel so strongly that in the future there will be a charge for fast passes. The need to pay to just be able to get on the major rides without much wait will really cut down on the number of trips to the parks we make.

This is why I highly doubt they will ever charge for FPs. Instead, we get addicted to using them, and by making it hard to get the good ones, it encourages people to visit the parks for longer. That's a much bigger profit than $10-$30 paid for fastpasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter