OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

It was an especially busy night there - all of DS was jammed. We’ve been to GR there several other times, and waits were much shorter. We wouldn’t hesitate to go there again.

Thanks for clearing that up. I’d go around 1 or 2 in the afternoon when I imagine most people are at parks, etc. I think I’ll go for it!

A weekday afternoon would probably be the best time to go to anywhere in DS. Actually, I'm sort of jealous thinking of you taking the lovely boat ride from OKW!

As long as it’s not storming, this will be my plan in 28 days! Ha. I do enjoy that boat ride.

Can confirm that building 45 is refurbed and open! We are on the end next to the stop sign. As I sit on the patio this morning, the busses are loud, but didn’t hear a thing last night or earlier from inside the room. It’s a lovely canal view!

Can confirm that building 45 is refurbed and open! We are on the end next to the stop sign. As I sit on the patio this morning, the busses are loud, but didn’t hear a thing last night or earlier from inside the room. It’s a lovely canal view!

I've never stayed in 45 or 46 but was thinking of requesting one of them bc they have been refurbed, have the dual bathroom entrance, and a nice canal view. Which bus stop (if any) do you use? How long is the walk to the HH?

I've never stayed in 45 or 46 but was thinking of requesting one of them bc they have been refurbed, have the dual bathroom entrance, and a nice canal view. Which bus stop (if any) do you use? How long is the walk to the HH?

You could use Turtle Pond or South Point (South Point is probably closer). You're about 10 minutes or less to the HH.

I'm here now (SUN IS OUT)and starting to pack. We want to spend some time at the pool before going home. Are there Ice Machines in the building? Can't find any! HELP!!!

Are there Ice Machines in the building?
When OKW was built they decided that they didn't need ice machines because the units had kitchens (conveniently overlooking studio units). However, realizing that studios didn't have a real kitchen the put ice machines at the local bus stops.
Ice machines are usually at the bus stops.
Exactly!

When OKW was built they decided that they didn't need ice machines because the units had kitchens (conveniently overlooking studio units). However, realizing that studios didn't have a real kitchen the put ice machines at the local bus stops.

Exactly!

Some of the laundry room also have ice machines, at least they did a few years ago, unless they've removed them. It's been a while since I've been in a studio.

Hello everyone! We are taking a (sorta) last minute trip and availability was SO limited but over the course of 4 weeks i was able to piece together a 5 night stay in a 1BR villa- I am so happy but also so nervous about it not being in the HH area. We only have ever stayed HH and never standard. It is so so very important to me to be close to HH for the main pool and for boat transportation to DS. I want to be able to walk to the HH area and not take a bus. I have looked at a lot of maps and notice the 62-64 look pretty darn close to what we want. I know that these are the only ones with an elevator (which we technically dont need other than to make it easy with a stroller) but will this impact our ability to get one? We are looking for top floor and as close as possible to HH. Are these buildings harder to get? Are they considered "Miller Road" area? Is there any other building that I should hope for with a short walk to HH? I am certainly waitlisted for HH for the entire 5 nights but I doubt it would come through in 4 months for that many nights. Thanks for any advice you can give!

Also, one more quick question- approximately how long is each building taking for the refurbishments? We dont care about having a refurbed room, just about the location. I was wondering (approximately) how long until completion!

October or late Sept may be hard to get your near HH area because of Fall Frenzy. Bldg 62, 63 and 64 are usually held for medical needs because so many buildings only have stairs. Peninsular road (27-29) are really close to the HH (right across the Trumbo Canal and you can see the main pool from the entrance to each villa in those buildings. Just a short walk across the bridge, maybe only five minutes to the HH. Plus when you do need to take a bus, that area has the first bus stop for buses entering the resort. My guess is that they are doing buildings numbered 30 first (Turtle Pond and South Point) and above and not that many have been completed yet. I'm still thinking that they might be opening up the bathroom door to the laundry room for those numbered less than 30. It's more convenient to just move the construction materials to areas on the other side of the bridge first before they move to Millers Road.

Completion of the entire project is supposed to be sometime in 2019.

What is this difference that is talked about with units being different? Is it the one bedrooms, rooms above the number 30 and below the number 30?

What is this difference that is talked about with units being different? Is it the one bedrooms, rooms above the number 30 and below the number 30?
In the buildings that are numbered 30 or above, there is a door between the master bathroom and the laundry room. In the lower numbered villas, there isn't a door between the laundry room and the bathroom. So if you have a guest using the sleeper sofa or twin sleeper chair, they must enter the bathroom through the master bedroom. So Grandma, who is sleeping on the sleeper sofa, gets up twice a night to go to the bathroom, wakes up son and daughter in law in the king sized bed each time she gets up to go to the bathroom.

Or daughter and son in law are enjoying a little late night jetted tub and Grandpa needs to go to the bathroom. He has to wait until they are out of the tub.

Which area are buildings 45 and 46 in? I'm making my room requests, trying for a refurbed room. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter