OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Turtle Pond and South Point bldgs near the pool, the buildings on the turn around still need to be redone at last report.
54 is done. Have family that stayed in that building last week.

Have an upcoming trip to OKW. Any updates as to where we are with the room renovations?
Thanks!

I have a trip in December and I'm keeping track. What I've seen so far is this:
Buildings done: 30-35, 53-56
Buildings in Progress: 45-48

I think there are others, but these are only the ones I've been able to confirm. If anyone has some to add, please let me know.

I have a trip in December and I'm keeping track. What I've seen so far is this:
Buildings done: 30-35, 53-56
Buildings in Progress: 45-48

I think there are others, but these are only the ones I've been able to confirm. If anyone has some to add, please let me know.
Also tracking for upcoming trip. Watching buildings for favorite. More worried about being kicked to a different resort.

I keep seeing everyone talk about requesting ground floor, or a particular building but can someone tell me how i make requests? When i pull up my ressie online i dont really see a space/tab to click on to make a request...does it have to be done over the phone? Thanks!!

I keep seeing everyone talk about requesting ground floor, or a particular building but can someone tell me how i make requests? When i pull up my ressie online i dont really see a space/tab to click on to make a request...does it have to be done over the phone? Thanks!!
You need to add it to your reservation. You can contact DVC via email to add your requests. Or you can call them and add them. When you go to the Member website, select Contract Us at the top of the page. Then select email. You might also be able to do it via Chat on the member website.

Also tracking for upcoming trip. Watching buildings for favorite. More worried about being kicked to a different resort.

Where do they toss you if you get moved? I have seen folks getting moved during busy times, and have always wondered how they choose where they go. I have a cash reservation for my family in December, but I know that members come first.

Once we decided to give up Beach Club for a 2 bdrm villa OKW to take advantage of the FD deal, and then saw that there was no longer availability there, I knew the availability as a whole was tight. I will admit this is on my mind now because while I don't have any specific resort "likes" I have one distinct resort "dislike" and know I would be horrified if this was the only option should that need arise.

Have people gotten moved from OKW because of the refurbs? I haven't seen anyone mention that.
No, hasn't happened in my 19 years of ownership. However, with a late arrival and due to the refurb they did stick us by the bus turn around (Miller #19), add to that the noise from the constant semi trucks right outside of the villa,= no sleep. Thankfully only a 2 night stay, I took Tylenol PM for the 2nd night.

No, hasn't happened in my 19 years of ownership. However, with a late arrival and due to the refurb they did stick us by the bus turn around (Miller #19), add to that the noise from the constant semi trucks right outside of the villa,= no sleep. Thankfully only a 2 night stay, I took Tylenol PM for the 2nd night.
You have set my mind at ease! I just hope we do not get stuck in a noisy turn around.

Where do they toss you if you get moved? I have seen folks getting moved during busy times, and have always wondered how they choose where they go. I have a cash reservation for my family in December, but I know that members come first.

Once we decided to give up Beach Club for a 2 bdrm villa OKW to take advantage of the FD deal, and then saw that there was no longer availability there, I knew the availability as a whole was tight. I will admit this is on my mind now because while I don't have any specific resort "likes" I have one distinct resort "dislike" and know I would be horrified if this was the only option should that need arise.
I have read it on these boards. Overflow over the years has been sent to SSR. I have not been moved in 24 years but would hardly consider it proof of anything. On the other hand, no way to verify the posts were real.

I have read it on these boards. Overflow over the years has been sent to SSR. I have not been moved in 24 years but would hardly consider it proof of anything. On the other hand, no way to verify the posts were real.

And this is my only fear. I have one resort that I really do not like, and it is SSR> Figures! LOL! First time I ever do a cash stay at a DVC resort and now I feel like those folks who see a few upgrades to CL suites and are positive it will happen to them as well.....only I am fixated on the moves to SSR. Oh well, Decemebr is nto October, right?

It’s been happening a lot to Brits on cash stays, mainly in October it would seem.

Yes, those are the posts I have seen. I was concerned only becasue the availability for the 2 bdrm at OKW was very limited for the FD promo. I booked it, looked again and it was gone. Now I am nervous that since members come first my family will be moved if there was some sort of overbooking

We just got back. We were in a 2 bedroom in building 56 and it was an updated room. They were just finishing construction on buildings 45-48. They had taken the fence down from around 47 and 48 and were starting to remove the fence from 45 and 46 when we left on Friday.
The worst part was the construction workers were all parking in the lots around building 56 during the day so it was hard to find a parking spot.

We just got back. We were in a 2 bedroom in building 56 and it was an updated room. They were just finishing construction on buildings 45-48. They had taken the fence down from around 47 and 48 and were starting to remove the fence from 45 and 46 when we left on Friday.
The worst part was the construction workers were all parking in the lots around building 56 during the day so it was hard to find a parking spot.

Great news! Do you know what other buildings were being worked on or which ones were up next?

Couldn’t tell where they were moving to next before we left. They were just finishing on those 4 buildings but looked like they were very close to completion on them as the fences came down.

Great news! Do you know what other buildings were being worked on or which ones were up next?
According to a lovely lady on the Dibb who has posted some photos the buildings being worked on now are 41,43,43 & 44. She’s posted a photo of the turtle pond section closed off at the roundabout where the buses turn.
Got my fingers crossed for a high floor on 42

According to a lovely lady on the Dibb who has posted some photos the buildings being worked on now are 41,43,43 & 44. She’s posted a photo of the turtle pond section closed off at the roundabout where the buses turn.
Got my fingers crossed for a high floor on 42
Me too, my favorite section and building as well! 2nd floor, 3rd floor is a bit tough with supplies unless the boys are with us.

Me too, my favorite section and building as well! 2nd floor, 3rd floor is a bit tough with supplies unless the boys are with us.
Last time I asked for top end of millers road so close to HH but got as far down as possible so asked for change at check in and took 42 and it was the best ever. We were second floor last time in a 1 bed at the end so no one above but this time a 2 bed so if we want no one above we’ll have to go to third floor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter