OKW is awful - never stay there again.

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
All these recent threads about how nice and lovely OKW is have got to stop. Pretty soon those of us that really love to stay there won't be able to get a villa. So, please keep all your nice thoughts about OKW :duck: to yourself.

Okay, I'm guilty as charged! :teeth:

Just remember those threads when the perception of constant OKW bashing starts up again! :rolleyes:

Have the Florida Panthers they brought in helped with the rat problem?

RweTHEREyet said:
All these recent threads about how nice and lovely OKW is have got to stop. Pretty soon those of us that really love to stay there won't be able to get a villa. So, please keep all your nice thoughts about OKW :duck: to yourself.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Okay, I give. It's a dump. Who would want to stay in a run down, baby pink building that is over nearly 15 years old? And, in most instances, it only a 3 mile walk to the slide!

Never again. ;)

Laurajean1014 said:
Okay, I give. It's a dump. Who would want to stay in a run down, baby pink building that is over nearly 15 years old? And, in most instances, it only a 3 mile walk to the slide!

Never again. ;)
It's not as bad as it used to be...now that the alligators got rid of the racoons and possums!

I think it's too late. Have you noticed all the BWV contracts available for resale!!!? Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

OneMoreTry said:
I think it's too late. Have you noticed all the BWV contracts available for resale!!!? Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Right and in the same vane as the OP keep selling them folks ;)

The 1-B/R units are terrible. If you're sitting on the sofa, it's a very long walk (all the way across the huge living room) just to get a drink out of the refrigerator.

And to get to the bathroom, yikes! It's all the way past the full size kitchen, with all it's full sized appliances, down the hallway, past the spacious laundry room with it's full sized washer and dryer (you'd think a small closet with a stacked washer/dryer would have been just fine), through the corner of the enormous master bedroom, then through the spacious jacuzi and sink area, and finally getting to the bathroom.

Why couldn't they have just made the units tiny, like they did for BWV, VWL, BCV, and SSR???? At least in those units you can be a true couch potato and just get a drink out of the fridge, go to the bathroom, and be back on the couch having taken less than 10 steps total. In those units you can really conserve all your walking energy and save it for walking around the parks.

I fully agree, OKW is a terrible resort. Long walks to the lobby, inadequate food service, and the whole place resembles a suburban condo development.

For the love of god please stay somewhere else. I strongly suggest SSR. You will not regret it (and neither will we).

I think I heard that there is an infestation of palmetto bugs and cockroaches in all the units, and I'm sure that poisonous snakes live in all that vegetation that also houses mosquitoes, which were found to transmit mad cow disease. Several people who stayed at OKW a couple of weeks ago went home with the disease(and the cockroaches hitched a ride home in their suitcases) :teeth:

and there's absolutely no room at all in the 2 bedrooms....unbelievably cramped.....who would want to stay there??????????????????.....

and the beds....you need a ladder to get in them....

RweTHEREyet said:

How did you get stuck in the Retirement Home! Oh, NO.... How Awful.
:)

and you know what - - the people there are sometimes just a little too happy.

I think they drink too much on those large patios...

(guilty as charged) :cool1:

of course, it's so quiet, there's just not much else to do.... :rolleyes1

I surprised that no one mentioned how stressful it is to stay at one of the OKW grand villas. All the work of cleaning off that large dining table after all of your family has had breakfast/dinner/etc. together, the wear and tear on your ears from the echos in the terribly large living room, and the vertigo you may get from looking down from the second floor balcony.

So, if you see someone heading toward a GV, please help them ! Just shout "Back away from that door - it's for your own safety !"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter