Official Wine & Dine 2018

DW is going to be so upset we didn't sign up for the 5K! :sad1:

The Half medal is nice... The challenge medal is downright awful. I'm sure some people will love it, but I think it's appeal will obviously be selective.

Wine and Dine is the classy event that takes place each year. The medals should follow suit. Thankfully the medals, for the most part, for Paris aren’t jacked up like these.

I like them! Could be the lighting as well. The 10K medal in the first photo looks like chocolate but then the single shot, it's kind of rose gold-ish.
Wish I was doing the 5K now...
I thought the same, I thought it looked like a candy bar.

Wish there was color on the 5k.

I miss the Spaceship earth W&D medal theme. I find myself thinking for yet another race weekend, "Good thing I don't care much about medals, because these aren't doing anything for me." Maybe I'm just old - I'm not fan of all the color lately. I like medals to look like... medals: just a round, engraved metal medal on a ribbon.

From the Disney Parks Blog..."Runners setting their course for 13.1 miles around Walt Disney World Resort during the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon will find a finisher medal inspired by the Tuscan countryside and featuring Chef Mickey awaiting them at the end."

Why the Tuscan countryside? Obviously food and wine can come from there, but it seems kind of random with so many other countries involved in the festival. :confused3 I'm thinking I would rather see something Disney related there. On the bright side since I'm dealing with an injury right now, and not sure if I will actually get to run, I won't be totally bummed about not getting this medal if it comes to that (still pretty bummed though). :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter