Official Wine & Dine 2018

Has anyone ever stayed at Ft. Wilderness for a race weekend? We currently have an All Star Family Suite but if a deal comes out we plan to switch. I'm just wondering if they have their own race transportation or if I need to walk to Wilderness Lodge. I don't care either way but thought I'd ask while thinking about it.
I haven't stayed there either but they share expo buses and post race buses with Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary. They only have one race pick up spot which could present a problem due to the size of the camp grounds.

Ok...figured out the rest of the trip!

Thursday, November 1st
5:05PM - Sanaa

Friday, November 2nd
11:30AM - Tony’s Town Square
5:00PM - Boathouse Dinner

Saturday, November 3rd
11:30AM - Yak & Yeti
5:40PM - Jiko - The Cooking Place

Sunday, November 4th
12:00PM - California Grill - Brunch at the Top
7:30PM - Tutto Italia

Monday, November 5th
Lunch - No ADR - Food & Wine Festival Booths
5:10PM - Homecomin’

Tuesday, November 6th
11:20AM - Beach & Cream Soda Shop
6:35PM - Citricos

Wednesday, November 7th
12:05PM - Hollywood Brown Derby
5:50PM - Flying Fish

Thursday, November 8th
12:15PM - Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room
5:50PM - Yachtsman

Friday, November 9th
12:00PM - Teppan Edo
6:00PM - Il Mulino

Saturday, November 10th
11:30AM - Tiffins
5:30PM - Victoria & Albert’s Queen Victoria Room

Sunday, November 11th
None!
I love Afternoon Tea! Have you done it at Disney before?

This quote is from this year's marathon weekend but should apply to the W&D..."Family and friends will be able to track participants with live online runner tracking for the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K. Participants will also have the opportunity to send split times via email, text message and social media by registering for this service on the event website approximately one week before the event. You can also sign up for runner tracking at the Expo."

As others have said you can track in several ways. Using runDisney you can get periodic text messages as a runner crosses timing mats. I believe you can also get "real-time estimates" on the web site showing where you are on the course. It is also based on the timing mats so it estimates where you are probably assuming steady average pace since the last mat time. I don't remember how many split times there were.

Last year my wife was in the stands getting the texts when my daughter called her from school telling her where I was, e.g. "he's just entering Epcot"

Keels.....is this your understanding as well?

My husband was able to track me and my daughters at the Marathon Weekend Half. We registered him at at kiosk at the expo.

Sorry, I am scrolling though pages and pages but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. I see on prior race years it says start at WWoS, and end at Epcot parking lot. But the RunDisney site says start at MK parking lot. Is there a change this year? (my first time doing Wine & Dine). Anyone have a course map for the 10k and half that is consistent with this starting point? TIA
You can find last year's course maps in the 2017 Official Guide. Yes, last year it started in teh TTC parking lot (not actually MK) and ended in the EP parking lot. No one can sya for sure if they'll use last year's courses again for 2018, but it's a likely possibility.

Sorry, I am scrolling though pages and pages but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. I see on prior race years it says start at WWoS, and end at Epcot parking lot. But the RunDisney site says start at MK parking lot. Is there a change this year? (my first time doing Wine & Dine). Anyone have a course map for the 10k and half that is consistent with this starting point? TIA
The course change was made last year. Both Star Wars and Wine and Dine start at the MK parking lot.

I hope you get yours, @rteetz! It came as emails from Active Support, the subject lines were "Invitation to Redeem Your WDTC runDisney 5k (10k) Registration Link".

Now I can finally start thinking about the whole weekend - I've been so scattered waiting for the links that it hasn't felt real. I'm not sure the "ease" of using a travel agent (because I was so doped up after surgery) was worth it. :rotfl:

Ok...figured out the rest of the trip!

Thursday, November 1st
5:05PM - Sanaa

Friday, November 2nd
11:30AM - Tony’s Town Square
5:00PM - Boathouse Dinner

Saturday, November 3rd
11:30AM - Yak & Yeti
5:40PM - Jiko - The Cooking Place

Sunday, November 4th
12:00PM - California Grill - Brunch at the Top
7:30PM - Tutto Italia

Monday, November 5th
Lunch - No ADR - Food & Wine Festival Booths
5:10PM - Homecomin’

Tuesday, November 6th
11:20AM - Beach & Cream Soda Shop
6:35PM - Citricos

Wednesday, November 7th
12:05PM - Hollywood Brown Derby
5:50PM - Flying Fish

Thursday, November 8th
12:15PM - Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room
5:50PM - Yachtsman

Friday, November 9th
12:00PM - Teppan Edo
6:00PM - Il Mulino

Saturday, November 10th
11:30AM - Tiffins
5:30PM - Victoria & Albert’s Queen Victoria Room

Sunday, November 11th
None!

Perhaps we’ll cross paths on the 4th - we have the California Grill brunch at 11:35. :wave2:

And that’s the only ADR we have scheduled for now. We’ll probably add Skipper Canteen once I have our fast passes/park schedule set. My oldest wants to do Boma breakfast again, but we aren’t staying at AKL this time. I’m not crazy about the idea unless we fit it into an AK park day. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter