Official Wine & Dine 2018

Did our ADR's yesterday:

Thursday: The Wave
Friday: Still up in the air. Don't like either option I have booked. I'm just not excited about dining in MK. We'll see what we decide on.
Saturday: Trattoria al Forno (almost did Via Napoli for a change, but figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it...)
Sunday: Rose & Crown, maybe lunch, maybe dinner. I don't know.
Monday: Tusker House breakfast
Tuesday: 1900 Park Fare breakfast (might drop this)

For some reason I'm just not jazzed about our dining options. I don't know why though. (Probably my lack of Cali Grill brunch! ;) )

I'm feeling meh about the rest of the week. That's because I know we want to do lots of special Food & Wine Festival Events so whatever we end up booking may change. It also looks like my Regal Points Universal Ticket may not come through as its been gone from the app for the last 2 months. I'm hoping it comes back in the next month or so or else we aren't going to Universal on Monday.

I'm hoping it comes back in the next month or so or else we aren't going to Universal on Monday.

When did Universal tickets get stupid expensive? I want to go in June, but my brother won't be around to sign me into the park on one of his free passes, so I went to look at the cost of a ticket ... I can get an AP for less than a 2-park, 2-day ticket. #NOPE

When did Universal tickets get stupid expensive? I want to go in June, but my brother won't be around to sign me into the park on one of his free passes, so I went to look at the cost of a ticket ... I can get an AP for less than a 2-park, 2-day ticket. #NOPE

Yeah - I agree! I remember being able to get an Annual Pass for $119 (granted, I've been around since before IoA even existed). 75,000 Regal Crown Club Points is more my speed per ticket since I already have 175,000 points and most of them expire by January. Then I just have to pay for parking and food. My mother and I did the park that way in July 2017 and it was perfect.

Yeah - I agree! I remember being able to get an Annual Pass for $119 (granted, I've been around since before IoA even existed). 75,000 Regal Crown Club Points is more my speed per ticket since I already have 175,000 points and most of them expire by January. Then I just have to pay for parking and food. My mother and I did the park that way in July 2017 and it was perfect.

I want to say I had an AP (maybe an After 4 pass?) for both parks back when IOA had JUST opened. I'd go after it rained in the afternoon and would just ride Hulk over and over again. I can't imagine I paid more than $149 for it, that's for sure.

I will definitely get my money's worth if I get an AP, I guess ... even if it's just to go in the evening and play with my wand.

My ADR window opens tomorrow. I’m hoping to go to Mama Melroses Sat evening(never been so thought I’d cross it off the list). If anyone is interested in going, let me know. I’ll try to make it extra tomorrow just in case.

Really not sure if I’ll do much else for ADR’s but maybe a character breakfast. If you’re solo don’t be shy about it. I dine alone at Disney a lot and never had a worry. The rides solo get me way more than the eating. :)

I'd be up to a Mama Melrose dinner. There is a good chance I'll be alone for the race portion of this trip and it would be lovely to meet up with some familiar and friendly Dispeeps.

With regard to eating alone...I've not done character meals solo but I've done others and didn't feel awkward about it. And for rides, even when I travel with my husband I'll often do rides solo because there are some rides he just won't do. I have never felt awkward about it. And look at it this way, they have single rider lines for many attractions for a reason. No one knows if you're alone or just traveling with people who can't tolerate certain rides....and frankly I don't think anyone gives a second thought to seeing a solo rider. I know I don't.

Made some ADRs, but I’m sure they’ll change DRAMATICALLY once food and wine events are announced. Last year we bailed on multiple ADRs to do French Family Meal Traditions, Tokyo Pairing and the food booths.

Side note... I must be the only one not impressed with Sanaa. Had the bread service, too... meh. :confused3 Now Jiko... :love:

Made some ADRs, but I’m sure they’ll change DRAMATICALLY once food and wine events are announced. Last year we bailed on multiple ADRs to do French Family Meal Traditions, Tokyo Pairing and the food booths.

Side note... I must be the only one not impressed with Sanaa. Had the bread service, too... meh. :confused3 Now Jiko... :love:

That's ok. That's why there are options for everyone! I have some favorites that people don't like (Le Cellier, Skipper's Canteen, ESPN Club) and I don't like some people's favorites (Blue Zoo, 'Ohana Dinner, Artist Point, 1900 Park Fare, Be Our Guest, Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, Trattoria Al Forno Dinner).

Booked our HEA dessert party and was already able to move our Via Napoli dinner up to 5:10 so I'm happy. No stressing about how long it takes us to get seated or eat dinner.

Only thing left to do is get a ticket for the after party for my friend. If anyone has one they won't be using I'd love to chat about it.

In booking my meals this morning I realized it's exactly 26 weeks until the 1/2! :earseek: I'm not sure if I feel that is too close or too far away. :hyper: :faint:

I love hearing all these meal plans. :) With a short trip, and F&W happening, we know most our eating will be grazing at Epcot to get the most out of the festival so we only booked 2 meals, Kona for a post race breakfast, and YSH for a celebratory dinner Monday night. This is starting to seem real!

What time is your reservation? I may join you if there’s still room.

I'd be up to a Mama Melrose dinner. There is a good chance I'll be alone for the race portion of this trip and it would be lovely to meet up with some familiar and friendly Dispeeps.

With regard to eating alone...I've not done character meals solo but I've done others and didn't feel awkward about it. And for rides, even when I travel with my husband I'll often do rides solo because there are some rides he just won't do. I have never felt awkward about it. And look at it this way, they have single rider lines for many attractions for a reason. No one knows if you're alone or just traveling with people who can't tolerate certain rides....and frankly I don't think anyone gives a second thought to seeing a solo rider. I know I don't.

For some reason there are no Mama Melroses reservations after like 4:30. Either they went quick or maybe there is a special event. I made a Via Napoli ADR for 5:15 for four people so you guys are welcome to join for that. Plenty of time to decide.

We decided to make just one ADR for our trip. There are four different groups going, three with kids, so we are all doing Mickey's Back Yard BBQ together. We are going to go eat one night off property and will just decide day of when in the parks. I'm not really a big ADR maker any way so this is pretty much my norm.

I love hearing all these meal plans. :) With a short trip, and F&W happening, we know most our eating will be grazing at Epcot to get the most out of the festival so we only booked 2 meals, Kona for a post race breakfast, and YSH for a celebratory dinner Monday night. This is starting to seem real!

Similar situation here... I only booked 2 for this trip... one at Homecomin' for Thursday night before the 5K and one for Liberty Tree Tavern on Saturday night at MK. (These are both new places for my group!) I figure we will be grazing our way through Epcot and other places the rest of the time for this short trip.

Transportation - Bus question. Is their multiple places at the World Wide Sports Center where buses drop off at? Is there specific buses for the expo or just any bus going to sports center? Does every location have buses that run to the sports center, not just the hotels? If leaving from MK to the expo, how would I get there?

Thanks

Transportation - Bus question. Is their multiple places at the World Wide Sports Center where buses drop off at? Is there specific buses for the expo or just any bus going to sports center? Does every location have buses that run to the sports center, not just the hotels? If leaving from MK to the expo, how would I get there?

Thanks

There are special busses that say RunDisney Expo - there is signage directing you to them (look for running Mickey). Only from resorts - so just walk across the street from MK to the Contemporary and take the bus from there to the Expo.

All busses to the Expo drop off at the same spot.

For some reason there are no Mama Melroses reservations after like 4:30. Either they went quick or maybe there is a special event. I made a Via Napoli ADR for 5:15 for four people so you guys are welcome to join for that. Plenty of time to decide.
Count me in. Thanks!

Sounds good to me!

Ok...figured out the rest of the trip!

Thursday, November 1st
5:05PM - Sanaa

Friday, November 2nd
11:30AM - Tony’s Town Square
5:00PM - Boathouse Dinner

Saturday, November 3rd
11:30AM - Yak & Yeti
5:40PM - Jiko - The Cooking Place

Sunday, November 4th
12:00PM - California Grill - Brunch at the Top
7:30PM - Tutto Italia

Monday, November 5th
Lunch - No ADR - Food & Wine Festival Booths
5:10PM - Homecomin’

Tuesday, November 6th
11:20AM - Beach & Cream Soda Shop
6:35PM - Citricos

Wednesday, November 7th
12:05PM - Hollywood Brown Derby
5:50PM - Flying Fish

Thursday, November 8th
12:15PM - Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room
5:50PM - Yachtsman

Friday, November 9th
12:00PM - Teppan Edo
6:00PM - Il Mulino

Saturday, November 10th
11:30AM - Tiffins
5:30PM - Victoria & Albert’s Queen Victoria Room

Sunday, November 11th
None!

Has anyone ever stayed at Ft. Wilderness for a race weekend? We currently have an All Star Family Suite but if a deal comes out we plan to switch. I'm just wondering if they have their own race transportation or if I need to walk to Wilderness Lodge. I don't care either way but thought I'd ask while thinking about it.

Has anyone ever stayed at Ft. Wilderness for a race weekend? We currently have an All Star Family Suite but if a deal comes out we plan to switch. I'm just wondering if they have their own race transportation or if I need to walk to Wilderness Lodge. I don't care either way but thought I'd ask while thinking about it.

They do have race transportation. I personally haven't stayed there before though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter