• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2018

I have not been able to get through on the passholder page either. I keep getting the "renew page". I have tried explorer incognito and chrome. I will have to try desktop firefox.
Forgive me, but I'm hopeless when it comes to technology and terms. How do try "incognito" for the passsholder page?

Forgive me, but I'm hopeless when it comes to technology and terms. How do try "incognito" for the passsholder page?

Click File -> Click New Incognito Window and it will open. Alternatively there are three dots on the upper right hand side of my screen, near where the URL bar is and if you click that you can select the incognito window as well.

Click File -> Click New Incognito Window and it will open. Alternatively there are three dots on the upper right hand side of my screen, near where the URL bar is and if you click that you can select the incognito window as well.
This is from the runDisney page???

This is from the runDisney page???

This is from the menu for Chrome. Doesn't matter what website you have open on your computer. If Chrome is open to any webpage on your computer then you should have a File option in the menu for Chrome and be able to choose New Incognito Window. I do have a Mac, but the principal should be similar with a Windows based computer too.

This is from the menu for Chrome. Doesn't matter what website you have open on your computer. If Chrome is open to any webpage on your computer then you should have a File option in the menu for Chrome and be able to choose New Incognito Window. I do have a Mac, but the principal should be similar with a Windows based computer too.
k, using Firefox, but went to the three bars an opened a new window. From there one just calls up the annual pass page, runDisney, MDE???

k, using Firefox, but went to the three bars an opened a new window. From there one just calls up the annual pass page, runDisney, MDE???

I don't believe Firefox has Incognito windows. Google Chrome is what is being referenced as a browser with the incognito window. Firefox has something called a private window which should be the same thing. It is also located under the the file drop down in the menu at the top of the screen.Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.28.51 AM.png

I am new to this....what am I missing? There seem to be many here who are very concerned about early registration but the response above indicates there are many more bibs. Will someone please spell it out for me? :) Thank you!
I think the concern stems from a period of a couple years when everything was selling out fast... but we're no longer in that period and I'll be shocked if W&D goes very quickly. The overall interest in running races has waned, so races have been taking longer to sell out (if they sell out at all) the past year or two.

Are the rest of you still getting the “renew your AP” page instead of the “sign up for W&D races” page when you click on the “sign up early for runDisney events” on the Annual Passholder page? I know the links wouldn’t be active yet, but I haven’t been able to get to the proper page since I signed up for Dopey 2018. I’ve tried on my laptop and on my phone.
From what I've seen, I think this is a glitch that happens randomly and can only be sorted out by Disney IT. I suggest calling.

Thanks for the replies. So, if I am going to commit to the race and have any chance of a confirmation, I need to register right when it opens? And even then I may get shut out? I am not AP or DVC.
I seriously doubt that anything is going to sell out that fast. Early registration may sell out, but as others have said, that's a very small % of the overall bibs available. So worst case, if you were to miss out in early registration, you should be able to get in during regular registration.

Just got a Rawthreads club member email if anyone had planned to go that route for bibs.

Happy Monday Troops,
Just a quick update if you are planning on running Disney's Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend through the club...RunDisney has not provided us with any registrations, so if you are interested in running, we require you to sign-up through the normal registration process through RunDisney and Active when it opens this month. If you have any questions please email us at club@rawthreads.com

Registration opens soon.

Thanks for your time, and have a great week!

Your Troop Leaders

I think the concern stems from a period of a couple years when everything was selling out fast... but we're no longer in that period and I'll be shocked if W&D goes very quickly. The overall interest in running races has waned, so races have been taking longer to sell out (if they sell out at all) the past year or two.
A friend of mine who works for RunDisney was saying they are struggling to sell out the Star Wars Half this year. I think overall fatigue is the main reason. Disney needs to think of ways to make the races new and fresh so people will sign up.

I don't believe Firefox has Incognito windows. Google Chrome is what is being referenced as a browser with the incognito window. Firefox has something called a private window which should be the same thing. It is also located under the the file drop down in the menu at the top of the screen.View attachment 306910
Ok, and once again sorry for the crazy ineptness. I went to Google Chrome and found the new window. From there one goes to ...

Ok, and once again sorry for the crazy ineptness. I went to Google Chrome and found the new window. From there one goes to ...

I forgot what you were looking for beyond the incognito window! :rotfl: It's it's AP registration, go to MDE, hover over "My Disney Experience" in the upper right hand corner, then click on Annual Passholder in the drop down menu. I can't remember the clicks after that as I've let my pass lapse since I'm not going this year until W&D.

I don't believe Firefox has Incognito windows. Google Chrome is what is being referenced as a browser with the incognito window. Firefox has something called a private window which should be the same thing. It is also located under the the file drop down in the menu at the top of the screen.View attachment 306910

Firefox does have the equivalent of incognito mode. You can right click on the docked icon and select "New Private Window" or File and then the same.

For Firefox it's the private window option.

You can go to rD website --> F&W under Events tab --> Registration --> Early Registration Opportunities --> click on learn more next to APs

Or you can pull up WDW's website. Click on Annual Passholders under the drop down on the right hand side for MDE (the AP option is under My Account). Scroll down to "Don't miss these special events..." and click passholders extras.

Both get you to the Passholder Extras page. Scroll down a bit to find "Passholders! Enjoy early registration from runDisney..." (sign in again if it wants you to) then find the Register now button on the right hand side.

I'm of the opposite thought: I'd much prefer to see rD lower capacity and stop trying to stuff too many people onto a race course! ;)

I'm with you on this one. This is a picture of the mob coming from MK on World Drive back towards epcot during PHM. I'd like to see less bibs for sale and better running conditions for all.

mob on world drive.png

A friend of mine who works for RunDisney was saying they are struggling to sell out the Star Wars Half this year. I think overall fatigue is the main reason. Disney needs to think of ways to make the races new and fresh so people will sign up.

I'm of the opposite thought: I'd much prefer to see rD lower capacity and stop trying to stuff too many people onto a race course! ;)

Have to agree with PrincessV on this one. Disney doesn't need to concentrate on selling out races. They need to focus and provide a better experience for the runners that do sign up. Give us more without charging for everything. Give a much higher percentage of their registration fees to charity. Add back perks like Marathon Monday. That is what RunDisney should be concentrating on.

Have to agree with PrincessV on this one. Disney doesn't need to concentrate on selling out races. They need to focus and provide a better experience for the runners that do sign up. Give us more without charging for everything. Give a much higher percentage of their registration fees to charity. Add back perks like Marathon Monday. That is what RunDisney should be concentrating on.
Agreed. But how can they still maximize profit with less runners? Maybe they could add one more race weekend in like early December?

Agreed. But how can they still maximize profit with less runners? Maybe they could add one more race weekend in like early December?

Don't worry about profit. Running is about charity and making enough to break even and cover expenses. It should be viewed as a charity driven activity, not a profit driven activity. RunDisney needs to re-frame their mindset when it comes to races around the experience, not the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter