Official Wine & Dine 2018

I'm new to all of this and I had the same exact question. Unfortunately I've found out that there's really no possible way to get a bib at this point without the travel package OR if you live nearby Orlando OR if you're an AP holder. Even the charities require a travel package on top of the fundraising.
Thanks. And if you hear anything about last minute bib giveaways, please let me know.

My extra ticket for my wife was mailed to me months ago when I purchased it. Was that not an option?

View attachment 348739
As I am new to this Post Race Party idea, and the option to have mailed might have been available I can't remember seeing it and was probably rushed, busy mom ya' know... I chose to pick up at Will Call as I was also under the impression I would be picking my ticket up with bibs and shirts. Based on the wording, another understood I had not been through this process and kindly posted that my ticket would be mailed previous to run weekend, and answered as to where I could pick up the other. Sorry for being new.

As I am new to this Post Race Party idea, and the option to have mailed might have been available I can't remember seeing it and was probably rushed, busy mom ya' know... I chose to pick up at Will Call as I was also under the impression I would be picking my ticket up with bibs and shirts. Based on the wording, another understood I had not been through this process and kindly posted that my ticket would be mailed previous to run weekend, and answered as to where I could pick up the other. Sorry for being new.

I’m not sure about the option .... in times past, if you went through a TA, you’d get them mailed to you. If you registered online solo, you have to pick up the ticket .... it was a smooth process last year.

I’m not sure about the option .... in times past, if you went through a TA, you’d get them mailed to you. If you registered online solo, you have to pick up the ticket .... it was a smooth process last year.
Thank you and that's good to hear. I did register online for myself, and as I mentioned someone was kind enough to let me know from my question that my ticket as a runner will be mailed beforehand. My DH's ticket I bought online as well through the runDisney (then rerouted) web site which I indicated I would pick up his ticket the day of the Expo.

Does the after party usually sell out? I'm on the fence about it and dont have a free ticket since I'm only doing the 5 and 10k. I didnt want to decide until I get down there.

What’s the average cost of a taxi/Uber/Lyft from MCO to the expo? Thinking of heading straight to the Expo Thursday after we land. Thanks!

What’s the average cost of a taxi/Uber/Lyft from MCO to the expo? Thinking of heading straight to the Expo Thursday after we land. Thanks!

I’m pretty sure they are going to charge you flat fee from the airport to anywhere on Disney property. Want to think it was at least $50 but I can’t really remember.

Just popping over to encourage those with SWA flights not to give up on finding lower prices. I’ve continued checking even though I didn’t have much hope of my Monday flight decreasing. This morning I was surprised to see our flight had gone down in price!:hyper:

Hey there! Anyone know of a thread to discuss snagging after party tix from runners who don't plan on using them?

Hey there! Anyone know of a thread to discuss snagging after party tix from runners who don't plan on using them?

I'm interested in this as well. My only concern is now that the races are connected with MDE that they won't send physical tickets but link them to our MDE. I think once we actually know how it's going to work we can do it within this thread. I know other times I've seen them on facebook.

I realize people that have purchased tickets already had them mailed, but we don't know what this change away from active and to MDE will do to stuff like this until it happens and I'd hate for us to all make plans to meet up etc and then find out the ticket is attached on MDE and there's nothing that can be done. They may not do it this year, but I can certainly see them doing it in the future because it forces people to buy tickets and it saves a huge cost on printing tickets and mailing them.

I'm interested in this as well. My only concern is now that the races are connected with MDE that they won't send physical tickets but link them to our MDE. I think once we actually know how it's going to work we can do it within this thread. I know other times I've seen them on facebook.

I realize people that have purchased tickets already had them mailed, but we don't know what this change away from active and to MDE will do to stuff like this until it happens and I'd hate for us to all make plans to meet up etc and then find out the ticket is attached on MDE and there's nothing that can be done. They may not do it this year, but I can certainly see them doing it in the future because it forces people to buy tickets and it saves a huge cost on printing tickets and mailing them.

Your RunDisney account isn’t exactly linked to MDE. You can use the same log in, but you could have also created a completely different log in too. I highly doubt that the after party tickets will be connected to our MDE accounts.

Your RunDisney account isn’t exactly linked to MDE. You can use the same log in, but you could have also created a completely different log in too. I highly doubt that the after party tickets will be connected to our MDE accounts.
Well they certainly could be. It’s an admission ticket to the park/party not a race registration.

Well they certainly could be. It’s an admission ticket to the park/party not a race registration.

I agree. They didn't just switch to their own thing to collect their own fees instead of active. Like I said, it may not happen this year, but I do think it will happen it saves too much money. And I think they want it all working together.

But what if someone doesn’t have a MDE account set up. How would that work?
I’m guessing you can still get something physical since not everyone going to the parks every day has an MDE account either. It wouldn’t surprise me though if they start linking the things together.

I agree. They didn't just switch to their own thing to collect their own fees instead of active. Like I said, it may not happen this year, but I do think it will happen it saves too much money. And I think they want it all working together.
Active is still running the system in the background so those fees are going to active still not Disney. But the systems are connected to make the login/registration process work together.

Connecting after party tickets to MDE could possibly happen down the road, but I think a lot of work still needs to be done. The ability to register people that may or may not be a family/friend in your MDE account could be an issue. If the race registration is made with your RunDisney account and that person isn’t family/friend in your MDE account who do they assign the ticket to? I know there’s the ability to move a registration out of your RD account to that person’s own RD account, but not everyone does. I take care of my MDE account with DH & children. I have no desire to ever link up with other family and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter