Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Registered for the challenge today and booked flights. This is a weekend I hate to miss. My very first race was the wine and dine 2013 (oh man I miss the osborne lights at hollywood studios!) and the wine and dine will always hold a special place in my heart. So happy to be running it again.

Registered for the challenge today and booked flights. This is a weekend I hate to miss. My very first race was the wine and dine 2013 (oh man I miss the osborne lights at hollywood studios!) and the wine and dine will always hold a special place in my heart. So happy to be running it again.
Yay!! So glad you’ll be there!

Yay! I’m happy you will be there too! Will our entertainment aka Scott be joining this trip?

I've been pondering doing this race, but I'm interested in opinions on something.

How far out do you think you'd need to be scheduling fastpasses to get anything in Galaxy's Edge around race weekend? I'm thinking about 60+4 or so, but I'm curious what other people think.

I've been pondering doing this race, but I'm interested in opinions on something.

How far out do you think you'd need to be scheduling fastpasses to get anything in Galaxy's Edge around race weekend? I'm thinking about 60+4 or so, but I'm curious what other people think.
No Fastpass for SWGE.

I would love to run at all W&D weekend, ESPECIALLY the 10K, but my man friend’s birthday is November 2nd. :crazy2::scared::rolleyes2

I’m still catching H-E- Double Hockey Sticks for having the nerve to run 2016 W&D Race Weekend. Lol. He hates that I spend so much time & energy on that race weekend so I may be reduced to going to just the RunDIS meetup - like last year. And that’s what you get for dating a non runner. Lol. Apparently birthdays & St. Patrick’s Day are like NYE & Christmas to him, so those are the two holidays I can’t miss. Lol.

Yay! I’m happy you will be there too! Will our entertainment aka Scott be joining this trip?
Hey Bree! He will be away at school so this race weekend I will be without him. However, he and my other son will be at Marathon weekend and I am so happy about that!! I so enjoy the race weekends my kids can do with me. So I’m missing them already for wine and dine.

Question for first timer Wine and Dine-er :)
I will be staying at the Grand Floridian and will be running the half. What are my transportation options? Will the monorail get me to the start line? I thought there was a walking path to MK, but I think I'm dreaming it :p
Any tips would be appreciated! :)

Hey Bree! He will be away at school so this race weekend I will be without him. However, he and my other son will be at Marathon weekend and I am so happy about that!! I so enjoy the race weekends my kids can do with me. So I’m missing them already for wine and dine.

Your boys are awesome! I keep trying to get my 13yo daughter to run another race with me. She’s just not into it. She did not like the early start time AT ALL!

Waited too long to commit to the half. Bummer. And bigger bummer for my friends who now have to split their resort room 3 ways instead of 4. Oops

Question for first timer Wine and Dine-er :)
I will be staying at the Grand Floridian and will be running the half. What are my transportation options? Will the monorail get me to the start line? I thought there was a walking path to MK, but I think I'm dreaming it :p
Any tips would be appreciated! :)
The walking path is to the TTC, not the park. The start lines have been at the TTC, so you could walk there. The monorail generally doesn't run.

I feel like last year we knew the themes for each race around this time. Am I way off? I probably am....

But I seem to remember registering for the 5k after learning it was Lady and the Tramp.

I feel like last year we knew the themes for each race around this time. Am I way off? I probably am....

But I seem to remember registering for the 5k after learning it was Lady and the Tramp.
Disney is never consistent ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter