Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Got dd registered today via the link the travel agent sent. Easy. Just waiting on the email from him with my hotel confirmation number so I can link to mde. Don’t like the waiting but he’s been communicative. Really looking forward to all this. Running with my girls—especially my little one for her first time. Gran Destino Tower! Can’t wait to surprise my eldest in a couple of weeks for her birthday! Now just have to have the weather improve so we can run outside!

I assume it was fairly recently (probably this morning). It's still showing available on the rundisney site, just not on the registration portal.

Going to be a packed race... Apparently SW:GE and the 10th anniversary make for a sold out race!

I wonder if the challenge is close to selling out too or if they’ll break some of them up.

It's way too early for challenge bibs to be broken up. That generally happens much closer to the race, if the challenge hasn't sold out by that point.

I wonder if the challenge is close to selling out too or if they’ll break some of them up.

It's way too early for challenge bibs to be broken up. That generally happens much closer to the race, if the challenge hasn't sold out by that point.

::yes::

And given that the half sold out pretty quickly I would expect the challenge to sell out as well, so I'd be surprised if they have spots left to break up closer to race day.

I think it did last year too. I went back awhile ago and wrote dates down from when people posted sell outs for 2018 here. It went on sale March 20, 5k & 10k sold out day of, Half was on March 26 & Challenge on April 25.

Will be interesting to see on the Challenge selling out.
Interesting.

I'm kinda/not kinda surprised that the half sold out before the Challenge ... mostly because that 10K course stinks. And if I were to potentially be registered for that race weekend, I would definitely not be waking up early for that 10K course and would be fine with just the half.

I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. I signed up for the challenge, but my friends missed out on the 10K because they didn’t understand it would sell out quickly.

I’m not that surprised the half sold out before the challenge. I am only returning to Wine & Dine for the anniversary weekend. The 10k/challenge didn’t exist when I last ran Wine & Dine, so it doesn’t have any sentimental value for me. (And, as @Keels said, the course stinks so I would rather get some sleep.) So, I chose to just register for the half. I’m sure I’m not alone in my thinking.

What is the course for the 10k this year? I know they changed the 5k to take it out of AK. Where does the half run?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!