***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I have been to Disney various times if the year, even in the summer on 4th of July week but have never been during any other holidays. It seems like every time is busy at Disney now a days, but I just wondered if Christmas week was doable, or just too insane to handle. It sounds like it could be manageable
It’s totally manageable, even enjoyable, especially if you’ve been to WDW multiple times and know the lay of the land. I love the hustle and bustle of Christmas at the parks. We are also used to summer time in Disney, so the cooler weather at Christmas takes the edge of the crowds away. :)

Hi there!! I never even knew this forum existed. I read thru almost every post on the restaurant page and decided to explore a little!!!

Well we are booked for POP 12/8-14. I havent been to WDW since 2006, and will be coming with my DH who hasnt been since the 80s, and my 2 yo DS!! So excited to see WDW thru his eyes!

Road tripping it down from NJ... have always wanted to go during the holidays! We have kind if decided against MVMCP in lieu of adding an extra day to our park hoppers!! We got free dining and upgraded to DDP so lots of character meals planned for the little man!
I think that's about it for now!!!

I was wondering has Disney made any changes to SWGS since the Han Solo movie? I'm also hoping that I will be able to catch both JBJB and SWGS on our December 9-17 trip.

Booking our Trip for 6 today. December 22-25th!

We have always gone in the summer. This will be our first Christmas trip to Disney, we have been talking about it forever and finally decided to do it.

I am getting SO excited. I met up with my friend/travel partner today and we picked out our park days and what FPs we will try for on FP day. We also narrowed down our ADRs and officially booked the Toy Story EMM! We now have TS EMM, MVMCP, Raglan Road, BoG, Ohana, and Akershus to look forward too!

Happy planning everyone!!!!

So we are booked at AoA 22nd - 25th of December. Party of 6. Thinking about getting MVMCP for the 21st.

We have ADRs for
Garden Grill
1900 park fare
planet hollywood
Akershus
Rain forest cafe at DS
Chef Mickeys for Brunch
Whispering Canyon

Roll call updated, welcome new December travelers. : )

Sorry for the delay, I was on my December replacement trip and then school started - it was a bit busy 'round these parts!

I added the link to the JBJB dessert party up in the first post, thank you for adding it to the thread! I also added a thread about Christmas week hours from last year.

I saw that Snow white and others are joining Artists Point! Kind of older news/folks may already know this, but wanted to put it out there. https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/snow-whit...sts-point-character-meal-in-wilderness-lodge/

Holiday events: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/holidays/

Disneyfoodblog's preview: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/07/20/2018-disney-world-holiday-preview/

Our very own wdwinfo: http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/christmas_world.htm

Finally, TSL is amazing in the evening when it's dark. It's stunning. If you have a chance to go in the evening, do it!

Hey Everyone! I'm letting go of a BOG PPO 8:20 on 12/27 and another one 8:00am on 1/1. If you want one of them, message me and we can arrange a drop. We are going to limit our rope-dropping this trip (especially on New Years Day lol) so I no longer need them.

Also... Coral Reef CLP Package 12:05pm with a 6:45 show. 4:45pm Tutto CLP Package for the 8:15 show if anyone wants one of those. Made lots of reservations for this trip but plans are changing.

Last edited:
Going 12/2 to 12/8 Port Orleans Riverside. Already have Chef Mickey, Rivers of Light and Christmas Party. Excited to see Toy Story Land. I haven't been to WDW around Xmas time in many years. 92 days to go!

Hey Everyone! I'm letting go of a BOG PPO 8:20 on 12/27 and another one 8:00am on 1/1. If you want one of them, message me and we can arrange a drop. We are going to limit our rope-dropping this trip (especially on New Years Day lol) so I no longer need them.

Also... Coral Reef CLP Package 12:05pm with a 6:45 show. 4:45pm Tutto CLP Package for the 8:15 show if anyone wants one of those. Made lots of reservations for this trip but plans are changing.

I’m interested in the CLP!

Well, hello there!
I can’t believe we’re doing this, but my son was selected to play in the All American games at WWoS, so here we are, jumping headlong into the holiday insanity!
Wr’ll Be there 12/27-1/2...resort tba.
We’re veterans, but haven’t been during this time in many years, because the crowds make DH crazy. Anyway, fingers crossed that we will be able to grab a CLP and some ADRs even this late to the game.

Question for y’all on dessert parties...are they canceleable? I went to make a ressie and it asked for full payment up front, but no mention of whether it’s refundable?
Thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter