***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Ahhh I’m debating on which dining plan to use. We have free dining at pop. So already have the quick service and had originally planned on upgrading. (We really do enjoy the table service and have had the regular DP on every trip we have went on) but I’m a little torn cuz we would really like to save the money (cost like 300 or so to upgrade plus all the tips) but I really worry that I’m gonna miss the table service and my trip won’t feel the same. I’ve got some awesome places booked but I feel like I should be a little more responsible and save some money. Hmmmm but the freedom of all quick service might be nice. Ahhh I don’t know what to do. Good thing I still have awhile to decide!

I have a 6:20 pm reservation for two at Minnie's Seasonal Dine Dinner at Hollywood & Vine on Saturday, December 8th that I plan on releasing soon. If anyone is interested please PM me.

I have a 6:20 pm reservation for two at Minnie's Seasonal Dine Dinner at Hollywood & Vine on Saturday, December 8th that I plan on releasing soon. If anyone is interested please PM me.

You should put this on the December 2018 Cancelled ADR thread as many people are always watching that thread to pick up ADRs.

Welcome new December travelers! Roll call has been updated.

Getting closer...!

Let me know if there is an error or if I missed you. It's sorted by arrival date first, then departure date, and then alpha by username if departure dates are the same.

--> Please post your original arrival date if editing is needed, so I can find you more easily. :goodvibes

Hi, can you add us to the roll call? 12/23-12/26-Wilderness Lodge and 12/26-12/30-Beach Club.

Last edited:

All new December travelers- will be updating the roll call later this week.

Our 3rd trip, but first in December (2nd-11th) and we are worried it will be COLD! We are from MN so I feel like Florida cold may still be pretty warm for us but we are really hoping to be able to swim a few days. I know weather can vary so much but any insight? thanks!

Our 3rd trip, but first in December (2nd-11th) and we are worried it will be COLD! We are from MN so I feel like Florida cold may still be pretty warm for us but we are really hoping to be able to swim a few days. I know weather can vary so much but any insight? thanks!

The weather in Florida can vary so much in December, it's really hard to say with any certainty what exactly it's going to be like. For November/December trips, I usually keep an eye on the weather starting about three weeks out and save my packing for a few days out. Light layers are probably your best best so you'll be covered for any kind of weather.

In terms of swimming, all Disney resort pools are heated to 82 degrees year-round. We don't swim, except on very rare occasions, so someone else may be able to offer more insight on that!

Could you please update me (disneydreamer781) on roll call Dec 9-12 BWV|Dec 13 & 14 BCV|Dec 15 & 16 Yacht Club? Thanks!

Hi all! :wave2: This is already a pretty big thread, but I wanted to add my trip to the party here! I'll be in WDW for a very short trip for my mom to finally see the parks around the holidays! It will be myself, my mom, and my dad, for 12/4-12/7, staying at the Boardwalk Inn. This will be a new resort for me so I'm quite excited! I did WDW around the holidays for the first time on a solo trip in Dec. 2016, so I'm excited to get to share it with my fam. And, because this trip is going to be so short I convinced myself to plan another, longer solo trip in Feb for my bday month, lol. So, I'll be upgrading my park ticket on this trip to my first ever AP. Very excited! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Plans so far are as follows. We're not doing any ADRs since it's such a short trip and we don't want to lose time sitting at TS meals.

Tues 12/4 - land at MCO 8:46am
- check in at the Boardwalk and walk over to Epcot for rides and the International Festival of the Holidays. Should be an EMH evening so, if we're not too tired, we can hang out a bit late at the park

Wed 12/5 - split park day
- AK in the am. Hoping to fp FoP since I've been dying to get on that ride
- DHS in the afternoon - Sunshine Seasons Greetings and JBJB!
- (MK should have EMH this night 9-11p so I might pop over there solo, as the fam will probably be beat or not interested)

Thurs 12/6 - MK all day
- MK in the morning
- maybe take an afternoon break or check out the decorations at the monorail resorts
- MVMCP

Fri 12/7 - flight departs MCO at 10:05am

Hi all! :wave2: This is already a pretty big thread, but I wanted to add my trip to the party here! I'll be in WDW for a very short trip for my mom to finally see the parks around the holidays! It will be myself, my mom, and my dad, for 12/4-12/7, staying at the Boardwalk Inn. This will be a new resort for me so I'm quite excited! I did WDW around the holidays for the first time on a solo trip in Dec. 2016, so I'm excited to get to share it with my fam. And, because this trip is going to be so short I convinced myself to plan another, longer solo trip in Feb for my bday month, lol. So, I'll be upgrading my park ticket on this trip to my first ever AP. Very excited! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Plans so far are as follows. We're not doing any ADRs since it's such a short trip and we don't want to lose time sitting at TS meals.

- check in at the Boardwalk and walk over to Epcot for rides and the International Festival of the Holidays. Should be an EMH evening so, if we're not too tired, we can hang out a bit late at the park

- (MK should have EMH this night 9-11p so I might pop over there solo, as the fam will probably be beat or not interested)

Thurs 12/6 - MK all day
- MK in the morning
- maybe take an afternoon break or check out the decorations at the monorail resorts
- MVMCP

Awesome! If you never stayed on the Boardwalk before, you're gonna love it! I'm staying at BWV, BCV and the Yacht Club this December and it's my favorite place to be particularly during the holiday season. Have a blast!

Booked JBJB dessert party for December 18th!! Can’t wait!! Dropped my MK Terrace dessert party. Hope I made the right choice. I think I did.

I've haven't done the MK dessert party but I have done the JBJB party and it was excellent! If you like to imbibe a little, the holidays drinks were mighty tasty and they weren't weak either. I found the dessert and savories quite good. The little meatballs were my favorite! The show itself the first year wasn't very good but I hear it's improved immensely. If I decide not to do MVMCP this year, I will definitely do this dessert party again. Have fun!

I’m thinking of booking a bounce back trip for 2019 Christmas week. Anyone have experience during this time. Is just christamas eve and day the craziest? Or is the whole week just insane?
The whole week is busy, but I don’t find it to be too crazy at all. Well, late morning/early afternoon at the MK on Christmas Day is pretty crazy! But fun!!

Ahhh I’m debating on which dining plan to use. We have free dining at pop. So already have the quick service and had originally planned on upgrading. (We really do enjoy the table service and have had the regular DP on every trip we have went on) but I’m a little torn cuz we would really like to save the money (cost like 300 or so to upgrade plus all the tips) but I really worry that I’m gonna miss the table service and my trip won’t feel the same. I’ve got some awesome places booked but I feel like I should be a little more responsible and save some money. Hmmmm but the freedom of all quick service might be nice. Ahhh I don’t know what to do. Good thing I still have awhile to decide!
I would keep the quick service and maybe take the $300+ savings to book one or two special TS meals. Then you’ll have the freedom plus lots of quick service meals. That’s what we do. :)

I would keep the quick service and maybe take the $300+ savings to book one or two special TS meals. Then you’ll have the freedom plus lots of quick service meals. That’s what we do. :)

I think that's what we are gonna do! My husband I were actually talking about it today and we both said of all the meals we had booked we are really looking forward to one. So I think we are gonna go quick service and do the brunch at California grill :thumbsup2

Thurs 12/6 - MK all day
- MK in the morning
- MVMCP

We'll be at the same MVMCP! :teeth: If you can't get a fp for FOP, try to get there at rope-drop...it's amazing, and not to be missed, imo!

Awesome! If you never stayed on the Boardwalk before, you're gonna love it! I'm staying at BWV, BCV and the Yacht Club this December and it's my favorite place to be particularly during the holiday season. Have a blast!

Thanks! It is my first time there, and I'm really looking forward to it! I've never stayed at any of the resorts in the vicinity, and I've never even been to the Boardwalk area!

We'll be at the same MVMCP! :teeth: If you can't get a fp for FOP, try to get there at rope-drop...it's amazing, and not to be missed, imo!

Awesome, maybe we'll see each other! And yeah, I NEED to get on that ride, gonna do my best to get the fam to RD if I can't get a fp.

The whole week is busy, but I don’t find it to be too crazy at all. Well, late morning/early afternoon at the MK on Christmas Day is pretty crazy! But fun!!
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I have been to Disney various times if the year, even in the summer on 4th of July week but have never been during any other holidays. It seems like every time is busy at Disney now a days, but I just wondered if Christmas week was doable, or just too insane to handle. It sounds like it could be manageable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter