Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't remember.

I love all the details trickling in.

For selfish reasons, I really hope that Dee Bradley Baker is coming. I have a picture of him revealing a secret about series 5 at CVI to my son that I'd loved autographed for ds. My son even kept it secret until the previews of the 100th episode aired and he saw it was that episode that he was telling him about.
That sounds awesome! By the way, we reached 1,000 posts on the thread :banana:

Ooooooh! That's a great first and 2nd weekend! Any word on who the Clone Wars celebs will be?

We do know that JAT and Ashley Eckstein will be hosting again this year, according to their own posts, and other reputable sources. So, the trick will be finding out who the 5th person each weekend will be or if they will exceed the 5 that have been seen in recent years.

Ash

We do know that JAT and Ashley Eckstein will be hosting again this year, according to their own posts, and other reputable sources. So, the trick will be finding out who the 5th person each weekend will be or if they will exceed the 5 that have been seen in recent years.

Ash
I'm guessing they'll stick to the 2 movie actors, CW guest, and hosts.

Ash

Yes, we saw Ashley last Saturday at her Q&A/autograph/photo-op. She is very excited about hosting at SWW!

I'm guessing they'll stick to the 2 movie actors, CW guest, and hosts.

Was 5 the magic number last year too?

I love that info is starting to come out. We are getting SO excited to go to Star Wars Weekend for my sons wish trip. 2 months from today we leave!! I need to go back and reread all the tips and info as it has been a couple months since I have been on this thread. Now that it is getting closer planning is a little easier :)

Jackie

The 501st and rebel legion have opened the costume acceptance and planning threads !!

Yeah, but you have to have your membership in order to access them. Still waiting on my costume to be finished. Estimated about 2 weeks based on Friday's fitting. Ugh. It's beginning to look like I won't make the parade.

Ash

Sorry ash i dont think this is your year partner .

Youd have to get approved . And troop 2 local events before being able to apply for parade entry

If you can get this done ? Your golden - may 10th is the cut off deadline .. There is still time ;)

Sorry ash i dont think this is your year partner .

Youd have to get approved . And troop 2 local events before being able to apply for parade entry

If you can get this done ? Your golden - may 10th is the cut off deadline .. There is still time ;)

The up shot is this: my GML is on notice and will fast-track me as much as he can; the seamstress is targeting a troop for Apr. 26 to have me ready to go; we have May 4 Free Comic Day lined up (I can hit 2, maybe three in one day); and the submission pics will he handy and ready to email.

The downside - The semester is coming to an end, with all the itinerant duties - final papers, final exams, and big presentations. Outside time will be very limited.

I will just play it by ear. Worst case, I will still be in and have my ID, a handful of coins to trade, and whatever other swag I can get ordered in time. And, of course, I will go nuts cheering on those who do get to parade!

Ash

I think aside from school you should be in no danger of missing this ;) as long as the seamstress stays on target !!!

Otherwise your doing just fine pal ;)

I think aside from school you should be in no danger of missing this ;) as long as the seamstress stays on target !!!

Otherwise your doing just fine pal ;)

She should be. She was only off a week due to unexpected travel, but the fittings are going great, and the parts are lining up a little better than she was thinking. She told me to expect two more fittings - one with the lining tacked in and then one when it is finished up. I just hope I can get another troop in on time. All of our local garrison people are pulling for me, from the CO, down to the newest guy.

Ash

We're going the first day of SWW, but really the only merchandise I want to get is the poster pin and the Han Carbonite vinylmation (ed size 2000). If these are the only things I want, do you think I need to get in line for this early in the morning, or will I be able to find these things later on?

Thanks!!!

Apparently during that time there is supposed to a large group of 100,000 (won't name group as NOT to start any negativity). Any tips for May 30-June 1??

I only have one for each costume i have -- but i will bring you a midwest garrison patch ;)

I will see if I can scrounge up some patches, too. I got lucky that they were doing a run of coins. Our CO knows I collect those, so, he let me get in on it while it was open. Next run was likely going to be a while.

Ash

Apparently during that time there is supposed to a large group of 100,000 (won't name group as NOT to start any negativity). Any tips for May 30-June 1??

I was there for that same weekend last year - Really not an issue with crowds. DHS is crowded for sure, but it's that way for SWW anyway, so no biggie. Same tips apply - get there early for autograph lines and to sign up for JTA. But as far as other events, not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter