Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... must save money to buy merch......

I've got two savings piles - one for the regular SWW stuff from the parks and one for 501st Legion stuff (I will be an approved member in the next couple of weeks. May even get to march int he parade, if I'm lucky).

Ash

I've got two savings piles - one for the regular SWW stuff from the parks and one for 501st Legion stuff (I will be an approved member in the next couple of weeks. May even get to march int he parade, if I'm lucky).

Ash

Congratulations, Ash. I hope you get to march!

My husband received a box filled with the armor kit from one of the approved authentic props vendors that the 501st had suggested. I have a feeling it's going to be a long process to figure this out. There are so many pieces! His goal is 501st by next summer.

I love the hot potato Death Star. That would be fun to play while waiting in queue ;)
That's actually a thermal detonator :P I need that Han Solo Carbonite Vinylmation! One of the reasons I'm going the first weekend then weekend three.

Congratulations, Ash. I hope you get to march!

My husband received a box filled with the armor kit from one of the approved authentic props vendors that the 501st had suggested. I have a feeling it's going to be a long process to figure this out. There are so many pieces! His goal is 501st by next summer.

Im glad to hear all this ;).

We are doing our 1st Disney trip in June. We are planning HS on June 7th. My son (6) is a die hard SW fan. What time should we get there for rope drop and where do you sign up for Jedi Training Academy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated since we have planned our 1st trip around SWW for my son. TIA
The park opens oficially at 8am but in the past during SWW it's been known to open around 7:30 to 7:45am depending on the crowds gathered outside the turnstiles. So I would say to be there around 7:15am. I know it sounds very early but it's the only way to guarantee to be able to sign up for JTA.
Last year sign up for JTA was at Indiana Jones since they were using Sounds Dangerous for Carbon Freeze Me. This year it could be still Indy or it could go back to SOunds Dangerous. Since you won't be there the first weekend keep checking this post for updates
In the same vein, what time would be recommended to show up if we don't intend on trying for a signature? (as cool as it is, its just not worth being there at 5am for to us. ;) ) I do want to see the little show they do at the entrance though - I think a couple storm troopers do a skit, right?

To watch the stormtroopers welcome show be there around 7:30am, they come out 15 minutes before the park opens and as I noted above it could open earlier than 8am

The park opens oficially at 8am but in the past during SWW it's been known to open around 7:30 to 7:45am depending on the crowds gathered outside the turnstiles. So I would say to be there around 7:15am. I know it sounds very early but it's the only way to guarantee to be able to sign up for JTA.
Last year sign up for JTA was at Indiana Jones since they were using Sounds Dangerous for Carbon Freeze Me. This year it could be still Indy or it could go back to SOunds Dangerous. Since you won't be there the first weekend keep checking this post for updates

To watch the stormtroopers welcome show be there around 7:30am, they come out 15 minutes before the park opens and as I noted above it could open earlier than 8am

They open EARLY? (sometimes?) THAT I can be in line for! :darth:

They open EARLY? (sometimes?) THAT I can be in line for! :darth:

Management makes that decision daily, depending on the amount of people waiting outside. 2 years ago during the opening of Star Tours The Adventure Continues it opened as early as 7am. Last year, a couple of days it opened as early as 7:30am

Management makes that decision daily, depending on the amount of people waiting outside. 2 years ago during the opening of Star Tours The Adventure Continues it opened as early as 7am. Last year, a couple of days it opened as early as 7:30am
Yeah, when I went it opened at 7:20.

Ive no clue ?? Were always backstage - or employee parking lot behind the studios until step off ? Then were in at 12:40 for the march
Then back out to the parking lot right after !!
Then when our 501st business is over . We go our separate ways . And i normally take my gear back to the hotel then i go back to the studios to enjoy the the rest of the day with the fam who have been doing their own thing without me ;p

Ive no clue ?? Were always backstage - or employee parking lot behind the studios until step off ? Then were in at 12:40 for the march
Then back out to the parking lot right after !!
Then when our 501st business is over . We go our separate ways . And i normally take my gear back to the hotel then i go back to the studios to enjoy the the rest of the day with the fam who have been doing their own thing without me ;p

If I meet the requirements, this is what I expect for myself this year. But, until my costume is in hand, completed, and I have my official approval email, I wil be doing the regular up early thing. Last year, I was in line for 5 for Ray Park, so, 7:30 was no issue. The year before, staying on property, I was able to catch the bus and be there in time for 7:00, so, no worries there, either.

Ash

Called the D-Tech line and they said that there's still no word that they'll offer the carbon freeze me this year, to keep checking

Awesome! For us, the Cars as SW characters is now offically on the list! :cool1:

I know that my DS (and DH :lmao:) are definitely going to want those Cars!

I have a question about the mercandise: Where can these be purchased? Will these (most importantly for us the Cars and the Mickey Starfighter) be available in any of the HS gift shops? Or are they only for purchase inside the Darth Mall. If it they are only available at the Darth Mall what would be the best time to try to shop there... we're not really interested in anything that may be LE so I would rather not have to wait in a huge line.

Called the D-Tech line and they said that there's still no word that they'll offer the carbon freeze me this year, to keep checking

I am SO suprised at the timeline they have... I am so used to having to plan everything so far out by Disney's design that it feels weird the most basic of info isn't released yet. Can't even pick a time to sit down to eat since I haven't seen a schedule... 180 days I have to know where to eat when, but 60ish days out they don't know then the events is or if this will be offered? :rolleyes2

I am SO suprised at the timeline they have... I am so used to having to plan everything so far out by Disney's design that it feels weird the most basic of info isn't released yet. Can't even pick a time to sit down to eat since I haven't seen a schedule... 180 days I have to know where to eat when, but 60ish days out they don't know then the events is or if this will be offered? :rolleyes2

You can get a pretty solid feel for the schedule from the past years' schedules. Most of the times for events do not change. THe content and persons in the autograph sessions do, but over the past two years, at least, the time slots have not (that I noticed). Thus, I was able to build a schedule that, last year, got me all but my build a droid and the parade done on Friday, including getting Ray Park's autograph. I had the Carbon Freeze already set for First thing Saturday AM.

Ash

I know that my DS (and DH :lmao:) are definitely going to want those Cars!

I have a question about the mercandise: Where can these be purchased? Will these (most importantly for us the Cars and the Mickey Starfighter) be available in any of the HS gift shops? Or are they only for purchase inside the Darth Mall. If it they are only available at the Darth Mall what would be the best time to try to shop there... we're not really interested in anything that may be LE so I would rather not have to wait in a huge line.

The best selection of merchandise will be found at darth mall. the best time to go is the afternoon when most of the sw shows are going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter