**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Just back from Galactic Nights - I entered after 7, and was given a lanyard and pin and map. I did not wear the pin or lanyard and could get on any ride/event. I feel as though I could have not bought a ticket and still stayed and participated in the events. It seemed much different from MNSSHP or MVMCP as there was no wristband but the cost was fairly equal- any thoughts?

We entered just after 7:00 also. They were very much looking for lanyards on anyone entering the park. It was very obvious that the were day guests still leaving as we were coming in. There were CM all along the main route in with signs, practically elbow to elbow. I believe the sign said May the Force be with you, or something like that. No one got past any of those CM without a lanyard. Once past them no, they didn't check as much as I suppose they knew you'd been checked to get past them

Last edited:
I’m thinking about doing this party since I’m doing all the rest lol

The date I wanna go shows this party begins at 830. They have 2 shows if fantasmic that night also at 9 and 10:30.

It’s extremely plausible to do the desert party and then see fantasmic at 10:30 correct?

The date I wanna go shows this party begins at 830. They have 2 shows if fantasmic that night also at 9 and 10:30.It’s extremely plausible to do the desert party and then see fantasmic at 10:30 correct?
I'm assuming that SWaGS is at 10pm and will end at about 10:15pm? I guess it's doable. Don't linger at Center Stage.

I haven't kept up with this thread since our last trip in August 2017, so I'm hoping for a little cliff notes version of what I've missed :-) We booked the star wars dessert party for June 15th. Has anything changed since last August? Is it still recommended that we leave before the stormtroopers lead us out in order to get a better viewing location (I am short and we have a DS5 and a DS8)? Do they still let you in ahead of time out in the viewing area? Is it best to stand up in the front of the reserved area (which we have always done before but once that didn't work at all and I couldn't see much of anything), or is there a better strategy? What is the gift they give you now, still the gigantic tie fighter popcorn bucket? Thanks in advance for saving me trying to read/skim hundreds of pages :crazy2:.

I haven't kept up with this thread since our last trip in August 2017, so I'm hoping for a little cliff notes version of what I've missed :-) We booked the star wars dessert party for June 15th. Has anything changed since last August? Is it still recommended that we leave before the stormtroopers lead us out in order to get a better viewing location (I am short and we have a DS5 and a DS8)? Do they still let you in ahead of time out in the viewing area? Is it best to stand up in the front of the reserved area (which we have always done before but once that didn't work at all and I couldn't see much of anything), or is there a better strategy? What is the gift they give you now, still the gigantic tie fighter popcorn bucket? Thanks in advance for saving me trying to read/skim hundreds of pages :crazy2:.
Leaving early was mainly for the previous location, but if you want a specific spot, leave before the group leaves the Launch Bay.

You will be allowed into the viewing area before the group arrives. Anyone in the SW tour group is also allowed in so there may be some people there even if you enter early.

I would stand at the back of the viewing area.

The gift is a Captain Phasma stein.

Leaving early was mainly for the previous location, but if you want a specific spot, leave before the group leaves the Launch Bay.

You will be allowed into the viewing area before the group arrives. Anyone in the SW tour group is also allowed in so there may be some people there even if you enter early.

I would stand at the back of the viewing area.

The gift is a Captain Phasma stein.

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad there's a new gift to add to our Chewy steins and the Tie fighter popcorn buckets! Where did the viewing area move to? Is there a section of the thread that discusses this you could point me to?

Any reason you recommend the back? I only ask because it goes agains human nature of always wanting up front, so I'm curious. Are there less people so you can have a buffer in front of you and see better if you are short? Last time there were a few very tall young off duty CMs that were in the area before the party people entered, and they took up most of the front row right at the ropes for the handicapped front area. They realized we couldn't see from behind them, so They said we could take the kids into the front area that is reserved for handicapped, but when I asked a CM who was working she said that would be ok but I shouldn't stand. So as a result I really couldn't see much at all from a sitting/kneeling position, and really didn't enjoy the show. That time we went out with the stormtroopers, but were at the front of the pack. The previous time the year before we had gone out early and got a great spot at the rope behind the handicapped area and could see great. The time before that the party was outside and we liked that whole experience much more, but alas apparently we were in the minority because they moved it indoors.

do we still get the steins on the way out? That was why we waited last time and didn't go out early, we weren't sure how to get them besides walking out with the masses and being handed them as we walked out of the launch bay building.

Where did the viewing area move to?

Any reason you recommend the back?

The time before that the party was outside and we liked that whole experience much more, but alas apparently we were in the minority because they moved it indoors.

do we still get the steins on the way out? That was why we waited last time and didn't go out early, we weren't sure how to get them besides walking out with the masses and being handed them as we walked out of the launch bay building.
The viewing area is now the raised surface where the Sorcerers hat was located.

The reason standing towards the back is recommended is because IMO, the front of the viewing area is too close and there are some blind spots.

For completely different reasons, I also liked it much better when the party was outside. Moving it had nothing to do with people liking it or not liking it, they wanted to maximize the viewing space for day guests.

The gifts are handed out as you exit, however if you decide to leave early, go to where they will be handing out the steins and if the CMs have already set up to hand out the steins, tell them that you're not leaving with the group. They'll give you your steins ahead of time. It's no problem.

Any reason you recommend the back?

The viewing area is now the raised surface where the Sorcerers hat was located.

The reason standing towards the back is recommended is because IMO, the front of the viewing area is too close and there are some blind spots.

Fastpasser is right. The new viewing location is too close, and the back - while still not perfect - is the better viewing area. We sat back left and still had some of our view obstructed. We could see the majority of the projections, though. We felt like we had plenty of personal space in this viewing area vs the previous one, so that was a plus. Lots of people in the viewing area were sitting throughout the show when we were there but this probably varies each night.

Fastpasser is right. The new viewing location is too close, and the back - while still not perfect - is the better viewing area. We sat back left and still had some of our view obstructed. We could see the majority of the projections, though. We felt like we had plenty of personal space in this viewing area vs the previous one, so that was a plus. Lots of people in the viewing area were sitting throughout the show when we were there but this probably varies each night.

I'm so glad I asked, I had no idea the viewing area had changed! I'll have to scope it out a little when we are there in the days prior to our dessert party reservation. But it sounds as if fastpasser is correct, and leaving the dessert party early to get a spot towards the front isn't really important anymore (unless it's reversed ad you have to try for a spot in the back now :headache:). I'm kind of glad, I hate the stress of trying to jockey up front. I would love it if people sat, but in my experience people usually stand when shows or parades start even if they start out sitting, or a CM will come along and make people stand up either for safety or to squeeze more people in. I'm also glad to read you felt like you had plenty or personal space, because I would not have said that before. At least not in the front of the old area.

But it sounds as if fastpasser is correct
There's a first time for everything.
I would love it if people sat
It depends on the attendance number on any given night. The area will accept a sold out party plus anyone that did the SW Tour that day. If all 250 people show up, it'll be a standing viewing. Lately it's been significantly less and sitting has been possible on most nights.

I may have missed it but this is the lanyard and pin set they sold during Galatic Nights. They sold them after the announcement of the name of the outpost. I believe the CM said only 3000 were sold but I may we'll have misunderstood her. We just happened to be in the launch Bay when they made the announcement about the sale so we got in line to get one
7C035AAE-A7EF-40E2-9AF7-1E98259DB49B.jpg
FB997E10-A71F-4FA6-9710-F3672B23DBA0.jpg

Also, this is the poster and set of cards they were hanging out on the way out of the event
703086F9-81F9-436A-8DF5-64BF4D42871B.jpg

A86F6F76-CED6-47F5-86BC-92D8588568DC.jpg
6E76BE68-2800-46D2-9A80-E7B8816FF2EC.jpg

We got 3 and all the card sets are the same but for 1.
One of the cards is in English on 2 sets but in aurebesh on the other
AC26EF61-EF9C-47FD-8E78-C83BAD3AFA3B.jpg

And interesting note, while at HS today, you could not walk from Hyperion Theater, past Bill and Min to get to Star Tours. You had to go around by ABC commissary and come back up to it. I asked if it was a permanent change and the CM said it was closed only while they were constructing something.

I may have missed it but this is the lanyard and pin set they sold during Galatic Nights. They sold them after the announcement of the name of the outpost. I believe the CM said only 3000 were sold but I may we'll have misunderstood her. We just happened to be in the launch Bay when they made the announcement about the sale so we got in line to get one
7C035AAE-A7EF-40E2-9AF7-1E98259DB49B.jpg
FB997E10-A71F-4FA6-9710-F3672B23DBA0.jpg

Also, this is the poster and set of cards they were hanging out on the way out of the event
703086F9-81F9-436A-8DF5-64BF4D42871B.jpg

A86F6F76-CED6-47F5-86BC-92D8588568DC.jpg
6E76BE68-2800-46D2-9A80-E7B8816FF2EC.jpg

We got 3 and all the card sets are the same but for 1.
One of the cards is in English on 2 sets but in aurebesh on the other
AC26EF61-EF9C-47FD-8E78-C83BAD3AFA3B.jpg

And interesting note, while at HS today, you could not walk from Hyperion Theater, past Bill and Min to get to Star Tours. You had to go around by ABC commissary and come back up to it. I asked if it was a permanent change and the CM said it was closed only while they were constructing something.
They were doing concrete work in that area, not sure if that is still the case.

I have three of the cards. I’d love to get my hands on the rest of them.

I have a question about the party fireworks viewing I’m hoping someone can help me with.
I recently had achilles tendon repair surgery and while I’ll be able to walk, I’m planning on bringing my rollator with me to give me a place to sit if/when when my foot/leg gets tired. With the new viewing area should I sit in the handicap area or will I get a better view from the back? I should also mention I’m short if that helps. Thanks.

I have a question about the party fireworks viewing I’m hoping someone can help me with.
I recently had achilles tendon repair surgery and while I’ll be able to walk, I’m planning on bringing my rollator with me to give me a place to sit if/when when my foot/leg gets tired. With the new viewing area should I sit in the handicap area or will I get a better view from the back? I should also mention I’m short if that helps. Thanks.

I will be there June 25 with my rollator too. I didn’t even know they had a handicap section anymore. Interested in answers to this too

I'm so glad I asked, I had no idea the viewing area had changed! I'll have to scope it out a little when we are there in the days prior to our dessert party reservation. But it sounds as if fastpasser is correct, and leaving the dessert party early to get a spot towards the front isn't really important anymore (unless it's reversed ad you have to try for a spot in the back now :headache:). I'm kind of glad, I hate the stress of trying to jockey up front. I would love it if people sat, but in my experience people usually stand when shows or parades start even if they start out sitting, or a CM will come along and make people stand up either for safety or to squeeze more people in. I'm also glad to read you felt like you had plenty or personal space, because I would not have said that before. At least not in the front of the old area.

We did the party again on May 14 and I definitely did not like the new viewing area as much as the old one. The party is still great and one of our favorites, but I was disappointed in the new viewing area. It is way too close. However, everyone around us stayed seated so that helped a lot and there was a lot of room around us. You don't need to leave the party early to get a good spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter