*** Official September 2024 Thread ***

Just saw this too! Crazy.
9/9! I typoed in my Salty Suzy tantrum lmao I can’t win...first they screwed up our park hopping plan by killing LL stacking and now this. I feel like I’m being specifically targeted!

first they screwed up our park hopping plan by killing LL stacking and now this. I feel like I’m being specifically targeted!

Can you explain how LL stacking worked? I think you've mentioned this before and I don't know the difference between this and pre-booking 3 LLMP selections before your day starts

Can you explain how LL stacking worked? I think you've mentioned this before and I don't know the difference between this and pre-booking 3 LLMP selections before your day starts

LL stacking with G+ was where you just booked LLs every 2 hours, so that when you walked into the park in the evening, you’d come in with a “stack” of LLs. Because G+ had no actual limit on how many LLs you could hold at a time, just how fast you could book them. You could book your next LL either once you tapped into to the most recent one you booked, or once 2 hours passed.

So for instance you could wake up at 7, book Slinky Dog for say 5pm after waiting a few minutes for the return times to get pushed out that late, then 2 hours after official HS open you could book Runaway Railway, then 2 hours after that Toy Story Mania, etc. So by the time you went into HS that night, you’d walk in with 4-5 LLs in hand.

It was fantastic for HS in particular because of how top heavy that park is with headliners, it meant you could still knock everything out without having to get up for Early Entry. This strategy also really shone with park hopping, because let’s say you started out at AK or Epcot, you could knock out a couple of rides there and then start stacking for a park in the evening.

The current system is a massive nerf to power users, because now you’re limited to holding only 3 LLs at a time. Because of that and the tier system coming back, you’re incentivized to get early return times in park 1 so that you can tap in and unlock the ability to book additional tier 1 LLs and book LLs in another park. You could theoretically prebook 3 rides in park 2, but you’d be hamstringing your ability to pick up additional LLs when you get there, since you can only start ignoring tiers once you tap in to your first LL. If you wait too long, availability in your evening park will dry up by the time you get there.

LL stacking with G+ was where you just booked LLs every 2 hours, so that when you walked into the park in the evening, you’d come in with a “stack” of LLs. Because G+ had no actual limit on how many LLs you could hold at a time, just how fast you could book them. You could book your next LL either once you tapped into to the most recent one you booked, or once 2 hours passed.

Got it got it. Okay, wow. I didn't even know you could stack G+ like that! In fact, I think I only ever held one at a time when I used Genie+... #parktouringfail.

Yeah, I can see how that would have been extremely helpful for park hopping, particularly if you're hopping to MK or DHS in the evening -- would have been a very efficient use of G+ $$$ in a case like that.

Now they need to change SDMT to LLMP and only have 1 LLSP at MK. Selfishly I liked VQ because we were always able to get one for any ride we tried, never had to buy the ILL. I do understand though how first time guests would arrive confused as to why they couldn’t just stand in line to wait.

Now they need to change SDMT to LLMP and only have 1 LLSP at MK. Selfishly I liked VQ because we were always able to get one for any ride we tried, never had to buy the ILL. I do understand though how first time guests would arrive confused as to why they couldn’t just stand in line to wait.
From your mouth to the Mouse’s ears. If nothing else I think it would help free up availability for Tiana the way SDD being added to G+ helped availability at HS for the other big rides. Sadly I don’t think that will happen because they probably make a lot of money off families not wanting to deal with the lines.

I’m with you though, I love VQs because I’m really good at getting them and it’s nice having that guaranteed ride (esp. on EEH nights), but I also understand they’re a huge pain point for the average low info guest. I’m always walking people through getting them at the parks it seems.

I just want them to open the whole park for EE tbh.

From your mouth to the Mouse’s ears. If nothing else I think it would help free up availability for Tiana the way SDD being added to G+ helped availability at HS for the other big rides. Sadly I don’t think that will happen because they probably make a lot of money off families not wanting to deal with the lines.

I’m with you though, I love VQs because I’m really good at getting them and it’s nice having that guaranteed ride (esp. on EEH nights), but I also understand they’re a huge pain point for the average low info guest. I’m always walking people through getting them at the parks it seems.

I just want them to open the whole park for EE tbh.

:wave2: Hi, that's me. I will be that average low info guest come Sunday. I tried to read through all the Lightning Lane and Multipass stuff on the app and on the boards and it just stressed me out, so my friend and I agreed we will just have to be ready to stand in line next week. We're packing our patience and our ponchos! 😄

:wave2: Hi, that's me. I will be that average low info guest come Sunday. I tried to read through all the Lightning Lane and Multipass stuff on the app and on the boards and it just stressed me out, so my friend and I agreed we will just have to be ready to stand in line next week. We're packing our patience and our ponchos! 😄
I hope yall have a great time! I’ve been obsessively monitoring wait times in the app across the four parks and it’s looking nice and quiet.

Any recommendations for a good poncho? I have the cheap Amazon ones (5 for $10 I think?) The rain is looking pretty consistent coming up, so I'm thinking of buying something sturdier.

Well got stuck on Skyliner today between Epcot and Riviera. It was so hot and at first they kept making announcements saying it was a momentary delay and then after several announcements different speakers came on saying technicians were working and thanks for your patience. After a while an announcement came on about accessing emergency supplies from under the Seat We had water with us to drink and when we finally got off at Riveriera there were CMs waiting with small bottles of water. Definitely unpleasant experience.

Any recommendations for a good poncho? I have the cheap Amazon ones (5 for $10 I think?) The rain is looking pretty consistent coming up, so I'm thinking of buying something sturdier.
I don’t do ponchos at all bc they’re a sensory nightmare for me and I don’t like the environmental impact, so my go to for rain has always been a lightweight breathable Columbia rain jacket that packs up into its own pocket. It takes up very little space in my bag, and the nice thing is the moisture wicking material means it dries fast.

https://a.co/d/gbe09VX

I don’t do ponchos at all bc they’re a sensory nightmare for me and I don’t like the environmental impact, so my go to for rain has always been a lightweight breathable Columbia rain jacket that packs up into its own pocket. It takes up very little space in my bag, and the nice thing is the moisture wicking material means it dries fast.

https://a.co/d/gbe09VX
I never considered a rain jacket, that's a good idea, thanks!

I never considered a rain jacket, that's a good idea, thanks!
No problem, I’ve had that one for years and it’s probably the best purchase I ever made for park gear. A nice bonus thing about it is it does double duty at night, a lightweight jacket is handy coming home on the buses when they have the A/C cranked and I’m freezing!

Had my LLMP day today. Everything was available! We got Tiana on day 1 and 5, day 1 at 11:30 and day 5 it’s tried to give us 8:45, but I modified to 11. Got SDD for 9:25. Bought 1 Tron LLSP for day 1 at 1:30, just in case the standby line is outrageous all day, which I except. Anyone have any questions?

Just saw there is a app for food and wine festival that lists everything prices, reviews
Wdw food and wine so excited

Just saw there is a app for food and wine festival that lists everything prices, reviews
Wdw food and wine so excited
If you mean Food & Wine, the cool thing about that app is it updates for all the festivals despite the name. Use the Wish For button on whatever you want to try and the booth will get pinned to the map, it’s very handy for navigating the festival. Been using it for years and I never go without it!

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1037609346

Hello! We got back from our trip yesterday and had such a magical time! DH and I are not rope droppers, but we got to the park fairly early each morning and closed out a park everyday M-F. It was tiring but so much fun. I hate waiting in lines, so even though some might say it's not necessary this time of year, we did use LLMP every day and it worked well for us. We did encounter rain each afternoon and, although heavy at times, it was usually short lived. Unfortunately, it did cause Fantasmic to be cancelled on our DHS night, so I am still chasing the dream of seeing that show. :smickey:

I hope each of you has a wonderful September trip!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest