*** Official September 2024 Thread ***

No single bigger waste of time and money at the parks than holiday party dessert parties imo. But especially at the Halloween party, there is just way too much to see and do in terms of party specific offerings to be dithering around eating grocery store cupcakes. And it's trivial getting a decent spot for fireworks, unlike HEA. Don't bother.
Thanks, we have more or less decided to rule it out. We may book it for later in the trip unless we decide to go to the party a second time. Trying to talk dh into it!!

SUMMERTIME UPDATES

Hot off the Disney presses from today! Some updates to previously announced refurbishments/projects:

• The Country Bear Musical Jamboree opens July 17th -- great news for those excited to see their favorite bears again this fall!
  • More conceptual details on The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure have been announced, but not an opening date. This show is expected to open in the same theatre as Voyage of The Little Mermaid in Fall 2024. Will keep this thread updated when this show opens!
  • CommuniCore Hall has opened today with summer offerings at Festival Foods, a new QS location dedicated to dishes found at booths throughout Epcot's Festivals, and a new Encato-themed show. More details are expected to be announced later re: how CommuniCore Hall will celebrate Food & Wine this year.

Working on going in September this year...9/6-9/15.
Will stay on property...probably BC...adults only this time!
Any suggestions or thoughts?
Crowds? Not-So-Scary party?
Late night hours?

Late night hours?
We were at WDW during the same period last year. The crowds weren't bad until the weekend. Epcot world showcase can be packed on the weekend. The weather was hot but we were lucky and avoided almost all rain. :)

Late night hours?
I agree with @Wood Nymph that Epcot gets crazy during weekends in the fall, even in September. Food & Wine weekend crowds are no joke and unfortunately bring out an element I don't really care to deal with at a theme park (more so on Saturday nights, Sunday tends to be better). Definitely take advantage of Extended Evening Hours though, any additional touring time where you don't have to be in the hot sun is great.

We will be at OKW from Sept 29-Oct 5th for our 20th wedding anniversary. I love OKW it’s so quiet and beautiful. 😊 However we will be offsite Sept 22-29.
Awwww We just did our wedding photos by SHDL this Apr. It is also my first visit to a DVC club resort, got sooooooooooo excited!!! I am even excited to experience the pool activities (I know it's for kids)

So we’ve changed some things for our trip 🤣. We are no longer staying offsite, well we are I guess, we are doing a cruise Sept 23-27 with a night in Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise. We will be staying at POR Sept 27-29 and then moving over to OKW for our Sept 29-Oct 4 stay. This is our final itinerary. 😂

So we’ve changed some things for our trip 🤣. We are no longer staying offsite, well we are I guess, we are doing a cruise Sept 23-27 with a night in Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise. We will be staying at POR Sept 27-29 and then moving over to OKW for our Sept 29-Oct 4 stay. This is our final itinerary. 😂
Planning is half the fun, so why not change it up a time or two? This trip sounds amazing!!!

Oh wow!! We are cruising over the same dates, albeit from Port Canaveral. Maybe we’ll see each other at Castaway!!

Speaking of, very excited about being PIF today. We didn’t rush because we’re first timers with DCL so peasants who have to wait to book anything anyway 😂.

We are anxiously awaiting Food & Wine news now…as ADR day approaches we are starting to firm up plans and tbh we don’t have very many planned since we don’t have many park days and we’ll be doing so much sit down dining on the ship. So far our list: is

- GFC on 9/18 when we get in, though we plan on walk up wait listing this one just because of travel logistics

- Skipper Canteen for dinner before EEH that night

- late CRT breakfast after rope dropping on 9/20 (CRT is a must do for us every trip and we’ve never had breakfast there)

Otherwise I think we’ll just be hitting lounges. We don’t have any ADRs planned for the couple of post cruise days because we will take advantage of the CL offerings. Though a local friend is treating us to lunch somewhere very fancy.

Late night hours?
We are at the BCV 9/9 - 9/14, adults only also!! Praying for no hurricanes.
We are excited for food and wine, we will not do the mnsshp
We plan to park hop and take afternoon breaks at the pool and Hurricane Hannahs.
We will go to MK in the morning on party days and hit Epcot and MK for EEH

I'm officially traveling down for a conference at CSR, still working on booking my flights but planning 9/22 - 9/25!

I'm hoping to book a MNSSHP date but am on the fence if I want to go 9/22 or 9/24. I wish the park hours for late September were published, since I'd like to do one evening in Epcot just munching my way through the park post-conference sessions. Since I'll only have a short time down there, it's looking like : one night MNSSHP, one night Epcot, one night having dinner with local friends, and then back home.

Hey hey!

Want to make sure that I'm keeping lights on in this thread re: upcoming changes to Genie+. From what we know now, the Genie+ branding will be retired on July 24 to make way for "Lightning Lane Single Pass" and "Lightning Lane Multi Pass." The way these services will operate blends the current Genie+ ILL/LL service with the previous Fastpass+ service to offer a for-charge service of pre-selecting and purchasing different types of Lightning Lane experiences throughout your trip. I have updated Post #1 here to reflect what we know so far and I'll link an even better thread on this subject here: Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Resort.

So excited to see how these changes work out before September!

I'm officially traveling down for a conference at CSR, still working on booking my flights but planning 9/22 - 9/25!

I'm hoping to book a MNSSHP date but am on the fence if I want to go 9/22 or 9/24. I wish the park hours for late September were published, since I'd like to do one evening in Epcot just munching my way through the park post-conference sessions. Since I'll only have a short time down there, it's looking like : one night MNSSHP, one night Epcot, one night having dinner with local friends, and then back home.

:welcome: Just added you to the roll call!

One more announcement!

Disney has confirmed (via removal from the Day Calendar) that Rock'N'Roller Coaster is scheduled to reopen on July 1, 2024.

Peter Pan's Flight will undergo refurbishment from July 8-August 21, but of course, if this extends through September, I will update this thread.

Anyone getting upgrade room offers from Disney? I have seen on a Facebook group that several people with August and a couple September reservations have been offered room upgrades for a fee.

Anyone getting upgrade room offers from Disney? I have seen on a Facebook group that several people with August and a couple September reservations have been offered room upgrades for a fee.
I have not, but maybe that's because I'm using the Disney Chase offer?

I haven't but my phone hasn't been on silence/do not disturb mode since I read about this :laughing:

We work with a TA so no, but I doubt we would anyway, because the only possible upgrade for us would be a CL room at the GF or a suite at Poly for our debarkation night.

Eat to the Beat info came out this weekend btw. Full lineup:

• Aug. 30-31 – The Fray
  • Sept. 1-2 – Sugar Ray
  • Sept. 6-7 – Hoobastank
  • Sept. 8-9 – Yellowcard (NEW)
  • Sept. 13-14 – Tiffany
  • Sept. 15-16 – MercyMe
  • Sept. 20-21 – Sheila E.
  • Sept. 22-23 – The Wanted (NEW)
  • Sept. 27 – Luis Figueroa
  • Sept. 28-29 – Mau Y Ricky (NEW)
  • Sept. 30 – Jesse & Joy (NEW)
  • Oct. 4-5 – Aloe Blacc (NEW)
  • Oct. 6-7 – Joey Fatone & Friends
  • Oct. 11-12 – We The Kings
  • Oct. 13-14 – Switchfoot
  • Oct. 18-19 – David Archuleta (NEW)
  • Oct. 20-21 – Billy Ocean
  • Oct. 25-28 – Hanson
  • Nov. 1-2 – Haley Reinhart featuring Emily Estefan, Casey Abrams and Janel Parrish (NEW)
  • Nov. 3-4 – Boyz II Men
  • Nov. 8-9 – Magic! (NEW)
  • Nov. 10-11 – Parmalee (NEW)
  • Nov. 15-16 – Smash Mouth
  • Nov. 17-18 – 98 Degrees
https://blogmickey.com/2024/07/2024...-acts-include-yellowcard-the-wanted-and-more/

We may have to break my cardinal rule of never going to Epcot on the weekends during F&W because I have got to see Sheila E!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest