***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

I wish we had some kind of alert system, like a bat phone, so we can let each other know what time the discounts drop tomorrow!
Between the 4 of us going, someone will be checking at certain times midnight and on (some overnight workers) so if it starts early, I will post here!

I'm DVC and have both OKW and AKV Kidani booked but I may take a glance at the discounts. I can always replace one DVC resort and save the points for next July. I'm always interested in GDT. :love:

We’ll probably be keeping our off-site reservation (DS area good neighbor), but I’ll be curious to see what the deals are! I’m not willing to trade my stay at the Renaissance to pay the same for an All-Stars though 😂

What do people think about doing HS on a Jollywood Nights day? Since the party starts earlier this year, do we think there may be a similar crowd impact to what you see at MK on party days? I’m trying to decide between Epcot and HS for Saturday the 14th and I would trade a 7pm park close for light crowds. (I know it’s all speculation at this point! Luckily I’ll have a couple weeks of data before our trip to make my final choice)

Discount is out!
Thank you! I had just checked the home page and not seen it, then saw your post and clicked see all offers, there it was.

Very little available for my dates, but at least I managed to shave $18/night off my All-Star Music stay. No Pop or other All-Star available, no Beach Club etc.

I just checked our trip dates and found out the annual pass discount is a better deal than the bounce back discount I had for Dec 3-7 at POR. I just saved $69.59 by booking the same room at POR with the AP discount. Now I need to contact the bounce back dept and change the reservation. I am going to try to have them apply the bounce back discount to a 2025 trip. I was very surprised to see a 35% AP discount for a moderate resort. I snapped it up right away, just in case. :)

Last edited:
There's not much available for my dates but I did end up with one option I was looking for at GDT. ::yes::Unfortunately though, no CL Standard. It's a pretty meager selection of resort availability. I was even considering GF but even with the discount those hotel rooms are overpriced without a refurb and perhaps construction still ongoing, but I really do enjoy staying there and being close to MVMCP.

Last edited:
Hello!

Does anyone plan on buying party tickets on Tuesday? I think we will grab MVMCP for Thursday Dec 5 and then Jollywood Nights for Saturday Dec 7. There's no need to buy early, but we already have the money ready to go, so why not! 😂

We arrive before everyone else, so I think our first day will just be checking into AKL early morning, leave luggage, go to AK and just relax. We don't plan to buy a multi-pass for that day. Just shop, look at the animals, eat, shop, look at decorations. Go back to hotel and hopefully room ready. Hoping it may even be warm enough to go to pool. Then evening the two of us plan to visit Disney Springs to see all the Christmas trees! And probably eat dinner.

I'm also debating buying the multi-pass on party days. But I honestly think we might just to get the bigger rides like Tiana or Slinky done before the party. Not sure on that.

Hello!

Does anyone plan on buying party tickets on Tuesday? I think we will grab MVMCP for Thursday Dec 5 and then Jollywood Nights for Saturday Dec 7. There's no need to buy early, but we already have the money ready to go, so why not! 😂

We arrive before everyone else, so I think our first day will just be checking into AKL early morning, leave luggage, go to AK and just relax. We don't plan to buy a multi-pass for that day. Just shop, look at the animals, eat, shop, look at decorations. Go back to hotel and hopefully room ready. Hoping it may even be warm enough to go to pool. Then evening the two of us plan to visit Disney Springs to see all the Christmas trees! And probably eat dinner.

I'm also debating buying the multi-pass on party days. But I honestly think we might just to get the bigger rides like Tiana or Slinky done before the party. Not sure on that.
I will be getting tickets on Tuesday. I called to add a day to the beginning of our stay because we were supposed to drive down and arrive on the 21st, but the last party is on Friday, Dec. 20. We really wanted the party to be part of the surprise for the kids, so looks like we'll be taking the day off on Friday and flying down to make it to the party on time. Fortunately, our local airport has a direct flight that morning so we don't have to drive all the way to Philly.

Hello!

Wow, you’re going all out! Full park day and the party? Sounds exhausting and expensive.

That said, we’re buying for Dec 5 too! See ya there. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest