Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

You are on separate reservations? I would imagine you would just book your LLs separately. If you end up booking the exact same time as them, the reservations will all appear as 1 reservation in the app (assuming you are all Friends on the app). If you can't get the exact same time as them, then it will just appear as 2 separate LLs, which is not a big deal really if they overlap. At least that's how it works now I believe, things could change of course
Yes, separate reservations. I find it highly unlikely we’ll be able to get overlapping times two days later.

Yes, separate reservations. I find it highly unlikely we’ll be able to get overlapping times two days later.
Well, if it’s a high priority to all be in the same time, then when you book they can modify their LLs to match yours. I don’t think I would plan on the expectation that they can modify their LL to pull you into their sold out LL time, that wouldn’t really make sense to me.

You will if you're all willing to accept what is available two days later. The problem is that you want what was available two days before you were eligible to book.
Yes. As would any normal person traveling with family. Thank you for your amazing insight.

Unfortunately, the first test group will be everyone going between July 24th to August 24th. Sorry guys! Good luck! We're all counting on you.
We are in the middle of that period— I’m generally happy about the change but extremely stressed second guessing our plans (and park reservations) because we don’t know how easy it will be to modify attractions day of— especially for those of us who cannot get to a park before 9 or 10 AM. At least we don’t go in the first 7 days (just barely after it) but my “stack all morning for late arrival” plan has been blown up.

I feel like alot has been dropped this week. Peter pan will now be down for Refurb during my trip as well.. So there is a Tier 1 ride out of the running for my trip.
We can only hope that the refurb includes higher capacity ride vehicles. One can dream...

We can only hope that the refurb includes higher capacity ride vehicles. One can dream...
This is a one ride where I don't mind having a screen added, just like Soarin' or Forbidden Journey. There are still too many unused spaces between props.

I emailed Disney yesterday asking how a split stay (all on site) would affect my ability to book LL's for the duration of my trip. We are considering splitting up our Jan stay between Copper Creek and Boardwalk but didn't want that to delay prebooking the back half of the trip. Here was their oh so helpful response :sad2::

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We apologize, at this time, details have not yet been determined or released. We encourage you to visit the following address on our website, closer to your actual arrival, to obtain updated information: Lightning Lanes.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

We hope you have a magical day!

I emailed Disney yesterday asking how a split stay (all on site) would affect my ability to book LL's for the duration of my trip. We are considering splitting up our Jan stay between Copper Creek and Boardwalk but didn't want that to delay prebooking the back half of the trip. Here was their oh so helpful response :sad2::

We apologize, at this time, details have not yet been determined or released. We encourage you to visit the following address on our website, closer to your actual arrival, to obtain updated information: Lightning Lanes.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

I'd be willing to bet money that you will need to book separately at 7 days prior to each split of your stay. Similar to what they do with ADRs.

What about adding your party to your sister's room? You don't have to arrive early and she can book the LLs for everyone.

The potential issue with this is that their own reservation will overlap with their sisters, and I don’t think you can be on 2 reservations at the same time. Maybe you could figure out a way to make this work with a separate MDE account, but the issue would be the second account wouldn’t have a ticket, but maybe there is some way I’m not thinking of

The potential issue with this is that their own reservation will overlap with their sisters, and I don’t think you can be on 2 reservations at the same time. Maybe you could figure out a way to make this work with a separate MDE account, but the issue would be the second account wouldn’t have a ticket, but maybe there is some way I’m not thinking of
You are right!

I was thinking the sister could book a large suite, put everyone on the same reservation and pre-select the rides for the group, but that would increase the cost and force people to room together, wouldn't it??

To be fair, that "I don't know" answer is better than their usual practice of giving you an answer even if they don't know whether it is right or not. Hopefully, they will get a definitive answer on the website soon.

After being one of those ask-me-anything Disney World people we took a few years off from Disney and I've been prepping/relearning for months. Now I gotta' toss those notes and start over, blah! I miss FastPass!

Why is a thread with this exact same title and author also in the Theme Park Attractions Forum? It's kind of overwhelming to try and follow both (along with the multiple other threads with various titles but on the same subject).

OMG, somehow I didn't notice that this is gonna' happen right in the middle of my visit. So I guess I won't be tossing my notes on G+, I'll be adding to them and experiencing the rollout firsthand. This may change my plans for which parks I visit on which days...

Why is a thread with this exact same title and author also in the Theme Park Attractions Forum? It's kind of overwhelming to try and follow both (along with the multiple other threads with various titles but on the same subject).
This. I keep wondering why they don't get merged into one conversation. It's very confusing.

This. I keep wondering why they don't get merged into one conversation. It's very confusing.
But trying to merge it now into one conversation may be even more confusing. Many posters reply to the comment ahead of theirs without quoting it. If you merge two long threads together, it may be tough to figure out who was replying to what.

We do split stays a lot, and right now I'm hopeful that it'll be like the FP+ days where we could book for the whole trip spanning both resorts (or all three resorts in our case). My theory (sorta, this actually came from a CM but it makes sense) is they don't let you book ADRs for both stays because people were booking throwaway reservations in order to get a head start on booking ADRs. I'm thinking that since in 2025 they're pushing the cancelation for room only to 8 days prior to trips, and LLMP can't be booked until 7 days out, that they're basically preventing people from booking those throwaway reservations and we'll be able to book LLMP for the entire trip. At least I'm hoping that'll be what happens!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest