• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Anyone need a BBB appointment for 2 on 11/23 at 3PM in MK? I had one reserved for both Friday afternoon and Saturday morning not knowing how it would pan out. Looks like Saturday will be our best bet.

Hi everyone!
Extremely late to the planning game.

Finally got out dates solidified. Nov 10-15, trying to figure out parks

Kids are 8, 6 and 4 (all very tall for their age).

I'm thinking:
Sat, Nov 10 Hollywood Studio
Sun, Nov 11 MK
Mon, Nov 12 Epcot
Tue, Nov 13 MK (& Christmas party)
Wed, Nov 14 Animal Kingdom
Thur, Nov 15 MK

I have no clue what to fast pass at each park. I feel so behind! Thoughts?

Since your HS day is your first park, you might not get SDD, but I would try to FP that or saucers if your kids are tall enough! I loved SDD when I rode it a few weeks ago and highly recommend it, especially for kids! My go-to FP’s for HS are always Rockin roller coaster and Tower.
For EPCOT, it depends on your likes. That’s always my hardest decision because I love test track, soarin, and frozen so much! I usually do Test track because I’ve recently seen longer wait times for that than soarin and frozen.
And you have so many MK days, I would just pick a few attractions and scatter them out, unless you have favorites and you can get those ones multiple times for the trip, and getting mine train on one of your later days!

Hey guys! Our fast pass window is this weekend and I can NOT wait! Taking my DH for our honeymoon on the 8th and I honestly do not think he knows what is going to hit him! I have spread sheets and dinning reservations and all this stuff sorted out- BUT I dont see Rivers of Light any nights of our trip (November 8-18) and its making me sad! Any ideas??? Will they update it?

Hey guys! Our fast pass window is this weekend and I can NOT wait! Taking my DH for our honeymoon on the 8th and I honestly do not think he knows what is going to hit him! I have spread sheets and dinning reservations and all this stuff sorted out- BUT I dont see Rivers of Light any nights of our trip (November 8-18) and its making me sad! Any ideas??? Will they update it?
Although not yet on the schedule, you are able to make FPs for the 6:30 ROL show. They may add a later show as well - there was one November 2017.

Hello All

We are going 11/19-11/25 at CBR and it will be our first time going at a really busy time. It is a late graduation present for my DD and niece and this was the only time that lined up and we think we are up for it and psyched for Christmas decorations. I am 2 weeks away from our FP day and starting to get nervous about getting what we want (mostly FOP and SDD since they are on our 2nd and 3rd days and new to us so we have to ride them). We have everything planned out (although we did not get the ADRs we wanted so still checking for those) but should I be prepared to change park days if I can't get the important rides? Will Thanksgiving week be crazy for trying to get fast passes, especially since we don't get there until Monday? We have an ADR for Fantasmic which is the only one I would worry about so we don't have to get there 2 hours beforehand but that might be one of the days we have to swap.

We are so excited but not sure what to expect for Thanksgiving week. The most crowded time we have gone in the past was Jersey week and that wasn't too bad and that was 4 years ago so this FP+ thing was brand new!

Hello All

We are going 11/19-11/25 at CBR and it will be our first time going at a really busy time. It is a late graduation present for my DD and niece and this was the only time that lined up and we think we are up for it and psyched for Christmas decorations. I am 2 weeks away from our FP day and starting to get nervous about getting what we want (mostly FOP and SDD since they are on our 2nd and 3rd days and new to us so we have to ride them). We have everything planned out (although we did not get the ADRs we wanted so still checking for those) but should I be prepared to change park days if I can't get the important rides? Will Thanksgiving week be crazy for trying to get fast passes, especially since we don't get there until Monday? We have an ADR for Fantasmic which is the only one I would worry about so we don't have to get there 2 hours beforehand but that might be one of the days we have to swap.

We are so excited but not sure what to expect for Thanksgiving week. The most crowded time we have gone in the past was Jersey week and that wasn't too bad and that was 4 years ago so this FP+ thing was brand new!

I wouldn’t expect to get FOP or SDD on those days and have a plan b. I couldn’t get SDD until day 7. Days 3 and 4 had none. I got FOP on day 5 but non were available day 2.

They don't have it listed on the regular park schedule, but if you go the Rivers of Light page they have the hours on the right hand side above the map.

Here is the link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/

Hello All

I would push those 2 rides to the end of your trip. I’ve gone the past two Thanksgivings (and returning this year) and it’s very busy. If the rides are important to you, change your itinerary now before you try book book your fast passes. We always check in on the weekend. Was able to get FOP on days 64 and 66 last year. This year I have AK on days 64,66 and HS on 60,63,65.
Restaurant reservations will start to open up more as people book fast passes so be on the lookout starting in about 10-12 days.

I would push those 2 rides to the end of your trip. I’ve gone the past two Thanksgivings (and returning this year) and it’s very busy. If the rides are important to you, change your itinerary now before you try book book your fast passes. We always check in on the weekend. Was able to get FOP on days 64 and 66 last year. This year I have AK on days 64,66 and HS on 60,63,65.
Restaurant reservations will start to open up more as people book fast passes so be on the lookout starting in about 10-12 days.[/QUOTE
Restaurant reservations will start to open up more as people book fast passes so be on the lookout starting in about 10-12 days.

Thanks for the advice - I will start prepping a plan B and looking for ADRs soon too!

I wouldn’t expect to get FOP or SDD on those days and have a plan b. I couldn’t get SDD until day 7. Days 3 and 4 had none. I got FOP on day 5 but non were available day 2.

Thanks so much! Prepping plan B - nervous for the crowds but so excited!!

I realized I only have character breakfast ADR’s and would like some variety. Does anyone have any favorites for breakfast and/or a weekend brunch? Trying to finalize my days before my fp date! I started to question everything today. That always happens before the 60 day mark and then again before the trip, haha

I realized I only have character breakfast ADR’s and would like some variety. Does anyone have any favorites for breakfast and/or a weekend brunch? Trying to finalize my days before my fp date! I started to question everything today. That always happens before the 60 day mark and then again before the trip, haha
Boma breakfast is AWESOME, I think the best breakfast on property :goodvibes We did the brunch at Trails End a couple years ago and also thought it was really good, that's just weekends though.
The breakfast buffet at The Wave was really good! You can order off a menu if you prefer but they have a couple options on the buffet we hadn't seen anywhere else.

Boma breakfast is AWESOME, I think the best breakfast on property :goodvibes We did the brunch at Trails End a couple years ago and also thought it was really good, that's just weekends though.
The breakfast buffet at The Wave was really good! You can order off a menu if you prefer but they have a couple options on the buffet we hadn't seen anywhere else.
I was thinking about taking the minnie van to Boma. They still have several time slots available throughout my trip. Thank you so much for your recommendations!

If we are going to be at HS over Thanksgiving weekend, do we need to have the Fantasmic Dining package or is it possible to get Fantasmic as a 5th or 6th FP when it is that crowded.

TIA

Maybe i am forgetting something, but I thought online booking started at 6am, and phon lines open at 7....or is that only for ADR and is FP different?

Maybe i am forgetting something, but I thought online booking started at 6am, and phon lines open at 7....or is that only for ADR and is FP different?

ADR booking opens online at 6am Eastern and FP it's 7am Eastern. It would be nice if they were the same times for continuity, but that would make too much sense :rolleyes:

FP+ day is tomorrow! I have my list ready to go. Hopefully the website is cooperating tomorrow, as I have to get my son up and to school during that time. It is getting exciting!!
Me too! I'm kind of freaking b/c we leave the house at exactly 7 am! I don't trust anyone to do FPs but me, so I don't know what to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter