*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We are expecting MK and EP (mainly WS) to be slammed. We picked HS for the 10th. Hopefully it’s not too crazy!

I know. My son said he wanted a character meal for his birthday and since we didn't plan this 6 months in advance, my options are kind of limited. He is happy with the original cast of characters, so I think we are going to do Garden Grill for lunch, as we have never been there . I think we are going to fast passes there at Epcot then back to the resort for pool time and then maybe back to a park for fireworks or some evening show.

This is smack dab in the middle of our trip and we have ample time at all the parks, so maybe I will just let him decide what to do that night.

I am still working on my plans for park days and I have just over a week for my FP+.

I am also trying to figure out what we are doing for my son's birthday. Its the 10th, which is the Saturday of Veteran's Day weekend and the end of Jersey week. Right now, I have two reservations for meals because I can't decide what to do. I have a feeling we will be park hopping because of the crowds.

We are there the same time for my daughters 10th birthday (on the 10th also!). We are in MK that day because she wants a mermaid makeover at Pirate's League. We have a dinner reservation at Crystal Palace. (Not the characters she would have chose but she prefers a buffet since she's a picky eater).

We are there the same time for my daughters 10th birthday (on the 10th also!). We are in MK that day because she wants a mermaid makeover at Pirate's League. We have a dinner reservation at Crystal Palace. (Not the characters she would have chose but she prefers a buffet since she's a picky eater).

I am probably stressing more over this than is necessary because he won't care exactly what we do since we will still be at Disney and the whole trip is the celebration.

On the 10th we are doing Four Parks One Day. AK - DHS- Epcot - break - MK PM EMH. I think crowds will be heavy but we are just going to go in with a good plan.

I don’t think I’ve ever been at a non peak time and I am used to Disneyland crowds (which seems to be more crowded in my opinion) so take this with a grain of salt, but I went to MK on Veterans Day last year, Saturday 11/11, and didn’t think the crowds were that bad. I did go into it with a different mindset, knowing I wasn’t going to get everything done, but it was a great day. We were able to get 5th fp+ and do a lot. I think there was about an hour or so where the crowds were not great, but nothing that made me wish I hadn’t picked that day or made me want to leave.
I’m going around that time this year too! Jersey week did bring some crowds, but it was only really noticeable one day and when we wanted to go back to our resort at park closing.
Edit: looking back at pictures, it did drizzle off and on for a couple of hours but we were able to walk on our fp attractions and waited about 20 minutes for the smaller attractions.

I am totally over thinking it. I talked to my son about what he wanted to do on his birthday and he said "a character meal and whatever." I think I can deal with that. I have decided on Epcot until we decide we are done, lunch at Garden Grill and then either back to the resort to swim or check out some resorts on the monorail. Then back to MK for fireworks and maybe some rides. He is a pretty low key kid and doesn't ask for much, so I am sure it will be a great day.

Just booked me and husband’s 20th anniversary trip!!
Staying at the boardwalk villas nov 12-16...a short trip, but so excited to get away to our happy place and explore without the kiddos!!
Kid-free trips are awesome! DH and I are going on our 6th or 7th one in 2 weeks :goodvibes

Hi, everyone,
Don't know of another thread would be better, so any direction would be great. Most of our touring plans are done, pending the actual acquisition of the planned FP+ slots. Trying to get some Epcot details with holiday storytellers and other entertainers for our two visits to Epcot for my crew and for my parents. Touring Plans site lists the entertainment and the storytellers with their times and locations. But my question is whether or not that is reliable to make a plan off of? Are these based solely off prior year information, especially since the official holiday schedule isn't released yet? About how long prior to our trip can we truly count on the schedule matching up with what TP says? 30 days? 2 weeks? 60 days?

Thanks

Hey guys!!!

We'll be at CCV 11/24-12/1!! (In Orlando starting 11/22) We have three families traveling with us this year, so it should be a lot of fun!! Can't wait to get back to the Lodge!!

Thanks for starting this board!

Last edited:
Just finished fastpasses!!! 60 day countdown is officially here :cool1:

I was able to get everything we wanted (some a few times) but I wasn't able to get Slinky until day 65 and FOP until days 66/67. Those are definitely tricky ones to get if you don't have a longer trip.

I was able to get everything we wanted (some a few times) but I wasn't able to get Slinky until day 65 and FOP until days 66/67. Those are definitely tricky ones to get if you don't have a longer trip.

I just finished ours too! We got everything we wanted but FOP and SDC are further out. I tried on days 3 and 4 but eventually got the around 66/67.

The app was acting crazy so I did it all on my laptop using Chrome. Only had one issue. On 11/6 I booked FOP and went back in to book my other two for AK. It showed FOP again so I assumed it didn't take my last FOP so I picked FOP. Now I have two FOP on the same day. Major glitch but I left it. Now I'm wondering if it'll cancel them or will they just stay?

I just finished ours too! We got everything we wanted but FOP and SDC are further out. I tried on days 3 and 4 but eventually got the around 66/67.

The app was acting crazy so I did it all on my laptop using Chrome. Only had one issue. On 11/6 I booked FOP and went back in to book my other two for AK. It showed FOP again so I assumed it didn't take my last FOP so I picked FOP. Now I have two FOP on the same day. Major glitch but I left it. Now I'm wondering if it'll cancel them or will they just stay?

The SAME thing happened to me on 11/6 as well! First it was telling me that all fast passes were gone for that day, and then when I went back at the end it was letting me do overlapping fastpasses (we're doing MK that morning). Always something with these sites!

The SAME thing happened to me on 11/6 as well! First it was telling me that all fast passes were gone for that day, and then when I went back at the end it was letting me do overlapping fastpasses (we're doing MK that morning). Always something with these sites!

Crazy! It did the exact same to me! I just went back in and my extra FOP was gone so i went and booked Dino which was my original plan. We have another AK day so we have an additional FOP FP+.

Oh wow. Does that indicate that we won’t be able to get FoP for 11/8??

I tried for FOP on 60+1 and nothing. I got it on 60+4 and 60+8. Which is 11/6 and 11/10.

I tried for SDC on 60+2 and 60+4 and nothing. I got TSMM and alien instead. I got SDC on 60+7 and 60+9. Which is 11/9 and 11/11.

I didn’t look on other dates.

I tried for FOP on 60+1 and nothing. I got it on 60+4 and 60+8. Which is 11/6 and 11/10.

I tried for SDC on 60+2 and 60+4 and nothing. I got TSMM and alien instead. I got SDC on 60+7 and 60+9. Which is 11/9 and 11/11.

I didn’t look on other dates.
Thanks - we don't book until Friday. We have gone the past 2 Jersey Weeks and this is the earliest we are heading down (Tuesday). We've always gotten everything, but I still get worried. I guess our "biggies" are FoP on 11/8 (only for 2) and SDD for 11/11 (4 of us). But, we will have already had SDD on 11/10 (booked three days of CL so we have that set). We didn't do CL FPs on our AK day - so fingers crossed we can get FoP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter