*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

So who's counting down the days until FP+ booking opens, our window opens 9/15 - hoping we get FP+ for SDD (which is our day 1 visit) so I am thinking it may not happen BUT on a positive note, a lot of people said if you RD DHS, you'll get on SDD. Currently, DHS is regular park hours the day we're there.

Can't wait!! 29 days till FP+!!!

I am starting to think about FP+ as well. Our booking day is Sept. 11. I am trying to figure out our park plan. I had one and then I changed it and am now trying to figure out what to do.

Our first park day was going to be AK and we still will be going there that day. What is throwing a wrench in the plans is that my son really wants to do Jedi Training and TSL. If we tried to do these both in the same day, I foresee long lines and a cranky kid since there is no way to rope drop both. So my thought was to rope drop HS - it has EMH that morning- sign up for Jedi Training, hopefully getting an early one. Do that and a couple of other things and then head to AK. That is assuming the line to sign up for Jedi Training isn't crazy. I hope everyone would go to TSL and leave the Jedi Training sign ups for us. :-)

So who's counting down the days until FP+ booking opens, our window opens 9/15 - hoping we get FP+ for SDD (which is our day 1 visit) so I am thinking it may not happen BUT on a positive note, a lot of people said if you RD DHS, you'll get on SDD. Currently, DHS is regular park hours the day we're there.

Can't wait!! 29 days till FP+!!!
Our FP day is the 18th which is the day we get back from our Sept. trip :goodvibes I haven't even begun to figure FP's but I need to! Also need to get the kids tickets & request mine; DH will renew his AP when we're down there next month. I also need to figure out our parks for our last 2 days too :rolleyes1

Is it bad that I just told my husband he should attend a conference because it is at Disney. I know it isn't going to happen because this one isn't in his specialty, but he hasn't listened to me about all the other ones that have been there.

I’m having such a difficult time even thinking about planning FP day. I have one reservation I am actually excited about. This is so annoying!! I don’t know where to begin since my beginning is so all over the place!!

I’m having such a difficult time even thinking about planning FP day. I have one reservation I am actually excited about. This is so annoying!! I don’t know where to begin since my beginning is so all over the place!!
I too am having a difficult time! My beginning is ok, it’s after day 4 that it’s all over the place! I have a love/hate feeling towards this part of the planning! Lol!

I'm worried about not getting one of my times, and then having the rest of my plan be messed up!

Should I only really be worried about getting things like FOP and SDD? For everything else, if I log on right away, I should get the time I want?

I'm worried about not getting one of my times, and then having the rest of my plan be messed up!

Should I only really be worried about getting things like FOP and SDD? For everything else, if I log on right away, I should get the time I want?

I have found in the past that it is best to do the high demand ones like you said and then go for the rest. I like to get everything, even if it isn't the perfect time or there is too big of a gap between passes, and then I modify them to see if I can tweak the times, so it is a little tighter .

Double digit dance! 99 days for us! Our FP day is September 25. We have general days planned out but need to get together with my sister and family to choose FP selections. We’ll likely be finding a balance between the “big” ones and little one-friendly rides for my 2 yo niece

This is our first time dealing with the tiers. When we went in 2014, FP+ was around but we were lucky enough to be able to book during a weird “no tier”’window that was briefly available. It was long-gone by our trip time but they let us keep our choices. It was great!! Now it’s much harder to choose

What is everyone thinking time-wise? I’m thinking we’ll do rope drop most days, always take a midday break (niece will nap and we will relax/hit the pool) and then usually a different park at night. I’m thinking of making the 3 FP for between 10:30/11 am-1pm or so. Take advantage of the lower morning crowds first, use the FP when crowds pick up, then back to the resort for the afternoon. While I’m lounging by the pool I figure I can be refreshing to try to grab evening FP. You can only add one at a time after the first 3 though, right?

Double digit dance! 99 days for us! Our FP day is September 25. We have general days planned out but need to get together with my sister and family to choose FP selections. We’ll likely be finding a balance between the “big” ones and little one-friendly rides for my 2 yo niece

This is our first time dealing with the tiers. When we went in 2014, FP+ was around but we were lucky enough to be able to book during a weird “no tier”’window that was briefly available. It was long-gone by our trip time but they let us keep our choices. It was great!! Now it’s much harder to choose

What is everyone thinking time-wise? I’m thinking we’ll do rope drop most days, always take a midday break (niece will nap and we will relax/hit the pool) and then usually a different park at night. I’m thinking of making the 3 FP for between 10:30/11 am-1pm or so. Take advantage of the lower morning crowds first, use the FP when crowds pick up, then back to the resort for the afternoon. While I’m lounging by the pool I figure I can be refreshing to try to grab evening FP. You can only add one at a time after the first 3 though, right?

We are a rope drop to close kind of family. We like to take a long lunch and then we are back at it. We rarely go back to our resort. We too start our FP around 10:30/11 and then add one at a time the rest of the day.

I am trying to figure out if I want to wring my husband's neck or kiss him. He has been complaining about the price of airfare - not that it is expensive, its just not as cheap as it used to be - so he decided to check out other days flying for our trip. So he found a deal on Frontier, which we fly all the time, for $400 for our family of 3 including luggage. Then I had to crunch all the other numbers because it 9 nights instead of 7 nights. When it is all said and done, the 9 night trip is less than $200 more than the 7 night.

So now we are at AS Movies because that was what was available. It is all good since we are going from 5 1/2 park days to 7 1/2, but of course most of my planning is irrelevant now. Only 3 days overlap. I am not too worried about ADRs because we are open to different options. I do need to figure out a reservation for my son's birthday, since we will now be in the parks on his birthday.

Oh and our FP+ day is in 20 days, so I need to get moving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter