*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

What are the chances of park hours for my trip (Nov. 21-26) getting released by Disney before I make ADR's in 10 days? They're up to the 11th so far... I don't remember ever having this issue in the past!

Go to the My Disney Experience thing on the website on your Macintosh or PC. Then go to My Itinerary. On the click down menu "Add Plans" go to "Add Parks and Places." November 21st is up today. The 26th should be up on Sunday.

Go to the My Disney Experience thing on the website on your Macintosh or PC. Then go to My Itinerary. On the click down menu "Add Plans" go to "Add Parks and Places." November 21st is up today. The 26th should be up on Sunday.
So these times are Disney published times, instead of projected? How often does Disney change them once they publish them?

So these times are Disney published times, instead of projected? How often does Disney change them once they publish them?
They do change them closer to the day. I would think that jersey week and thanksgiving week will see the hours extended for some closings and openings

The past 2 years they’ve changed the hours of thanksgiving week. People were upset because they thought they booked a pre-park opening reservation and then Disney opened the parks earlier. It’s fairly certain hours will be extended that week. Some days MK was open till midnight or later (I think 2 am maybe???)

Well, I changed resorts. With the talk of the All-Star Movies refurbishment I decided to go there instead in hopes of landing a queen bed.

It cost $20 more per night for a preferred room, but I think it’s worth for the chance at getting a new bed.

We are staying at the contemporary 11/5-11/10. My first time ever to Disney, and also for our 3 girls. Had a lot of trouble getting ADRs at 180+2. Hoping to get some as it gets closer! Does anyone know if CRT reservations for the MVMCP have been released yet? we aren’t doing the parties but thought maybe that was why we had so much trouble finding an ADR the Day before

How bad are the crowds the early part of Thanksgiving week? I'm expecting busy but is it awful or just have your plan and know that it will be busy and you are fine kind of thing. We normally check in the Saturday after Thanksgiving but my APs are ending and this is the last trip so its the week of thanksgiving this time.

How bad are the crowds the early part of Thanksgiving week? I'm expecting busy but is it awful or just have your plan and know that it will be busy and you are fine kind of thing. We normally check in the Saturday after Thanksgiving but my APs are ending and this is the last trip so its the week of thanksgiving this time.
Busy but not as bad as later in the week. The closer to thanksgiving it gets, the crazier it gets. We’ve gone the past two years that week and are returning this year. We go with low expectations but if you plan wisely you might be surprised at how much you can get done. We don’t go other times of the year so we have nothing to compare the week to. I would not say it’s awful.

Thursday-Sunday are quite bad but the earlier part of the week is really not horrible. You will need a plan, as you said, but you can still enjoy the trip without feeling like you're being crushed in a mob of people.

Thursday-Sunday are quite bad but the earlier part of the week is really not horrible. You will need a plan, as you said, but you can still enjoy the trip without feeling like you're being crushed in a mob of people.

Okay that's awesome. We are heading home Wednesday (day before thanksgiving) We just wanted to squeeze in one last trip before our APs expire so we've got a lot of freedom with our plans and we aren't going to be upset if we miss something.

We are there for our second TG weekend this year (11 Nights in Total)

Last time wasn't bad enough to put us off going again this year! We did alot of relaxing last time (Landed the Thursday) for the first 4 days, took it easy around Epcot as we were staying at BC

Let the ADR game changing begin. :laughing:

I REALLY don't want to be tied down to a lot of ADRs this trip and neither does DD12. But I added Plaza on our arrival day at 1:25 pm. I figure we aren't really big on the QS options at MK (other than CHH) and this isn't that much more money than a QS meal. We land at 8:25 so this gives us plenty of time to make it if we don't have delays. I figured when we land we will be starving so we can eat at POFQ food court when we arrive. If we make it in time for breakfast DD will be THRILLED! If not we will grab something else to hold us over until our ADR.

I also changed our last night CG reservation to Yachtsman. We had CG at 7:35 and planned on watching HEA from the restaurant and then going over to MK for PM EMH. But I wanted to go to CG a bit more dressy and didn't want to go to MK without sneakers. I also didn't want to pack a change and have to rent a locker to hold our stuff. Since we are staying at BWV I figured YM would be a better choice. We can walk over, have dinner in nicer clothes and go back to BWV to change before heading to MK. Plus I've always wanted to try YM and I've done CG before during fireworks. DD isn't going to know what she's missing and she prefers watching fireworks in the MK so I'm doing a dessert party on arrival day for this.

Now I'm at 5 ADRs for 10 days. I do want to do Il Mulino but that'll be a day of decision. Same with Cape May breakfast and maybe Beaches and Cream.

Let the ADR game changing begin. :laughing:

I REALLY don't want to be tied down to a lot of ADRs this trip and neither does DD12. But I added Plaza on our arrival day at 1:25 pm. I figure we aren't really big on the QS options at MK (other than CHH) and this isn't that much more money than a QS meal. We land at 8:25 so this gives us plenty of time to make it if we don't have delays. I figured when we land we will be starving so we can eat at POFQ food court when we arrive. If we make it in time for breakfast DD will be THRILLED! If not we will grab something else to hold us over until our ADR.

I also changed our last night CG reservation to Yachtsman. We had CG at 7:35 and planned on watching HEA from the restaurant and then going over to MK for PM EMH. But I wanted to go to CG a bit more dressy and didn't want to go to MK without sneakers. I also didn't want to pack a change and have to rent a locker to hold our stuff. Since we are staying at BWV I figured YM would be a better choice. We can walk over, have dinner in nicer clothes and go back to BWV to change before heading to MK. Plus I've always wanted to try YM and I've done CG before during fireworks. DD isn't going to know what she's missing and she prefers watching fireworks in the MK so I'm doing a dessert party on arrival day for this.

Now I'm at 5 ADRs for 10 days. I do want to do Il Mulino but that'll be a day of decision. Same with Cape May breakfast and maybe Beaches and Cream.
I think you did great by switching CG to Yachtsman & booking a dessert party for the fireworks. For me, HEA just isn't as good as Wishes was from a distance, because of the castle projections. Hope you will love your first meal at Yachtsman!

I think you did great by switching CG to Yachtsman & booking a dessert party for the fireworks. For me, HEA just isn't as good as Wishes was from a distance, because of the castle projections. Hope you will love your first meal at Yachtsman!

This is going to be our first time watching HEA and we loved wishes. A dessert party was my priority and i got that as soon as our ADR day opened. CG was just going to be a bonus dinner. But it’s just not working logistically. I’m looking forward to Yachtsman!

Last edited:
Hi all November Disboarders! We just booked 5 nights at Contemporary (14-19) and already am worried about ADR's. I'm reading about a lot of the restaurants (especially signatures) not being available yet because of parties. Has anyone else had issues with ADR's????
Tomorrow 6:00 AM my 180-day window opens and we're hoping for: Ohana, BOG, Liberty Tree, Cali Grill, and Homecoming.

I wasn’t able to get dinner service for Be Our Guest or breakfast at Epcot. I wouldn’t worry too much. People will cancel as we get closer.

Hi all November Disboarders! We just booked 5 nights at Contemporary (14-19) and already am worried about ADR's. I'm reading about a lot of the restaurants (especially signatures) not being available yet because of parties. Has anyone else had issues with ADR's????
Tomorrow 6:00 AM my 180-day window opens and we're hoping for: Ohana, BOG, Liberty Tree, Cali Grill, and Homecoming.
Our window was today and we are booked for Nov 13-17. I got all adrs we wanted except bog for lunch on the 16th. There were several times open for 4 on the 17th for lunch though. I wasn't looking for dinner. So let the stalking of the site begin. :coffee:

We booked liberty tree lunch for the 13th, Tusker breakfast and dessert party for the 14th, sci fi dinner for the 15th, yak and yeti dinner for the 16th, and garden grill breakfast for the 17th. I booked bog lunch for the 17th as a second choice but really want it for the 16th.

Good luck tomorrow!

Yes we did have trouble with ADRs. The ones during dinner on party nights haven’t been released yet- so it may look like they are full but they haven’t started booking them yet. But I think the only restaurants at MK that are open during party nights are BOG, CRT, and Crystal palace. I saw last year they were released around June 21. The Christmas party at MK during part of our stay is likely causing a lot of the reservations on non-party days/nights to be booked. If you have flexibility try to put your harder to get ADRs (like BOG if it’s a dinner) toward the end of your trip and book it first- immediately at 6am est. This wasn’t an option for us because of the Christmas parties, and I just learned this strategy after our 180 days! Good luck! We are also at the contemporary but the week before :-)

Yes we did have trouble with ADRs. The ones during dinner on party nights haven’t been released yet- so it may look like they are full but they haven’t started booking them yet. But I think the only restaurants at MK that are open during party nights are BOG, CRT, and Crystal palace. I saw last year they were released around June 21. The Christmas party at MK during part of our stay is likely causing a lot of the reservations on non-party days/nights to be booked. If you have flexibility try to put your harder to get ADRs (like BOG if it’s a dinner) toward the end of your trip and book it first- immediately at 6am est. This wasn’t an option for us because of the Christmas parties, and I just learned this strategy after our 180 days! Good luck! We are also at the contemporary but the week before :-)
Actually I’m not sure if CP is open on party nights. Maybe just BOG and CRT??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter